Brazilian League 2017/2018

• I cannot believe everyone so far puts Rosamaria in place of Gabi :what: Rosamaria has a long way to go still, and doesnt have a definite thing she does best. Gabi passes well, the very first priority for an outside player, and her attacking is ok too. She is also more dynamic in attack than Rosamaria, who seems to only be able to hit the ball in one way and one direction only. Nothing against Rosamaria but I think people may be over hyping her really. also, given the current state of Minas, it is not really strange that she should be a key player... who else is there really? I would even put Drussyla before Rosa Maria, evidenced by how Guimares used her last summer .

Also, dont downplay Carol because her attacking is not as strong as the others - she is even a more consistent blocker than Adenizia - again as evidenced by her use by Guimares.
    Carol will definitely be part of the team no doubt. Thaisa remains the main MB if she gets back to her shape, and of-course Bia. Adenizia's experience secures her the last spot.

Anyway, we are all entitles to our opinions I guess..

• Rosamaria was more used. I honestly feel Drussyla underperformed. She was supposed to be the titular but Rosamaria overtook her because the attack, serve and block were soft from Drussyla. I would even say that if Ze Roberto did not make those changes. Brazil wouldn't win Montreux and the World Grand Prix.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I agree with you Aguerro regarding Gabi and Rosamaria. Although Rosamaria is a slightly more powerful attacker I think she lacks technique. I was only talking about strength of attack in my previous post but if I include technique, reception and stability Gabi would definitely not be replaced by Rosamaria in the team. I think that was clear during the WGCC when Ze preferred to use Gabi and Natalia as the OH duo. Gabi would have played all the matches too but Ze said she was hurt against China so she had to rest against Japan and South Korea but Ze put her to play in the most important matches against Russia, China and USA. For my choice of OH's I would go with Natalia, Gabi and Garay. The other OH would be between Rosa and Drussyla whoever is more stable this season.

• tandara - slated for tokyo 2020 as titular
    Edinara - opposite
    Worst case is edinara gets rejected - rosamaria; she once play as opposite
    My sentimental fave is edinara, she spikes and blocks well

Outside hitters - c’mmon
    1st - fe garay
    2nd - natalia
    3rd - gabi

Mb - just my opinion: bia; mayany and milka
    Carol and adenizia playing overseas is just a test of waters for the two...

• 6th ROUND

11/20/2017
    Renata Valinhos/Country 0x3 São Crisóvão Saúde/São Caetano video
    Valinhos: Sabrina (OH) 13, Vivian (MB) 8, Nayara (OH) 7;
    São Caetano: Fernanda Tomé (OH) 14, Mimi Sosa (MB) 13, Camila Paracatu (MB) 10;
    MVP: Sonaly (OH)

8th ROUND

11/21/2017
    Hinode Barueri 3x1 BRB/Brasília Vôlei video
    Barueri: Edinara (OPP) 26 -6 blocks-, Francynne (MB) 13, Fê Ísis (MB) 11;
    Brasília: Malu (OPP) 21, Priscila (OH) 14, Aline Silva (MB) 13 -5 blocks-;
    MVP: Edinara (OPP)

• The ones that are secured:
    Natalia
    Fe Garay
    Roberta
    Thaisa (if she chooses to play)
    Tandara
    Bia

Up for grab
    Drussyla VS Rosamaria - I would prefer Drussyla. She has better techniques and I love the way she tips and hits different areas of the court. Drussyla is powerful but one trick pony.
    Gabi - the biggest prospect. There is no reason to leave Brazil's most stable receiver and defender out.
    Juciely VS Ade VS Carol - experience taught them a lot. Ade is currently the front runner. Having an amazing season in Italy. But Juciely is the best slide attacker and a good blocker.
    Edinara VS Lorenne - the second coming of Mari is playing well so far. Lorenne is stuck being a back up, too bad.
    Leia VS Gabi - Brazil in dire need of a good libero. After the legendary Fabi, no one is able to fill her shoes, not even Brait (sorry not sorry).
    Naiane VS Macris - Naiane was full of promise. However, she underperformed in Minas. Now she is playing under Coach Ze, we'll see what happen.

All in all, I cannot believe that I would say this, but I thought after the age of the golden girls of Brazil (Sheila & Co) Brazil still manage to have these pool of talented young players. Let's hope they manage to bring back the glory days of 2008.

• The ones that are secured:

All in all, I cannot believe that I would say this, but I thought after the age of the golden girls of Brazil (Sheila & Co) Brazil still manage to have these pool of talented young players. Let's hope they manage to bring back the glory days of 2008.

I agree, not to mention there`s still a couple of players that could even be in the conversation.

Tandara will probably be the starting OPP next year at the WCH, but I`m not sure if her level will drop or not by 2020, for some players their level drops after the 30`s, but by then Edinara/Lorene/Paula Porgo will be ready to take over or even some new players will surge ( I see potential in Mulu).

I wish Lorene was playing full time, but last season Paula was playing well and all of the sudden her level dropped and Bjelica took over, same thing could happen this season.

I like Monique, but I hope Ze Roberto leaves her out considering her age.

Maybe some people does not like Gabi and Carol simply because of their height.

We gotta wait and see how all of them will perform in the Superliga and how they will perform in the GP and with 2 extras weeks of play there`s room for everyone to play and show what they can do. Only problem is that Ze Roberto has his "favorites" and he does not like to give the opportunity to everyone, I will not be surprised if he invites Jaque back.

• in as much that i would like to have a better player that is of good height defends well and spikes well.. they are prospects in brazil telling me its the other way around!

Tandara is secured for 2020. With edinara as second opposite
    Fe garay. Im sorry but this gal still rock ages!
    Bia
    Natalia
    Roberta
    Adenizia
    Gabi

• Watching the games I think Rosamaria's problem is that she becomes too emotional in the games and she feels the pressure when playing against strong teams. It happened in the Grand Prix, it happened last season in the league and so far this season it has been happening. Once she becomes marked by opposing teams she dissappears.

Now with Paula, I think she's very inconsistent. I also think Lorrene is being wasted in Osasco. She should have gone to a smaller team wherein she could play. What has been happening to Osasco recently? It's like the team has only one game plan which is to set to Tandara. Btw, do any of you know what happened between Mari Paraiba and Fabiola? I saw a video of them fighting after a match.

The strongest OH's of Brazil are Natalia, Garay, Rosamaria and Drussyla. The problem with that though is it will be a disaster in reception. I think Jacque or Gabi will always have a big chance of being called mainly because of their reception and defense. Remember Brazil doesn't have Fabi or Brait as liberos anymore so they can't play with just power hitters especially since in my opinion Brazil doesn't have great liberos anymore. Gabi Souza is a question mark for next year because of her injury.

As of the ten teams, only 5 teams can offer good players that can fight 1pn 1 against strong european and defending champions of the olympics, china!!!

Sesc rio - greatest offers would be drussyla, gabi guimaraes
    Osasco - tandara, paula lorenne on a wrong team)
    Minas - rosamaria, karol tormena (given the more experience and games to build her tempo into the game)
    Barueri - edinara (tainara, sarah not used by ze)
    Praia - fe garay no doubt

Playing anroad - natalia

Of these: only 5 will be given slot, 1 for libero, 2 sor setters, 4 middle blockers
    (We can use one slot of middle blocker for receiver)

With the 5 slots:
    We can have: fe garay, tandara, natalia, edinara, rosamaria plus one receiver which is either amanda or gabi guimares

Libero - suellen; i like camila brait but she already retired. Also fabi so lets count them out. Gabi is fantastic in reception but suellen knows how to set, receive well and defend well...

Gabi is my ultimate prospect but we will see her after the acl surgery.. with only one yr or even less, she is commanding as an nt libero

• 9th ROUND

11/23/2017 stats
    Fluminense F.C. 3x1 São Cristóvão Saúde/São Caetano video
    Fluminense: Letícia Hage (MB) 17 -6 blocks, 92%-, Lara Nobre (MB) 17 -6 aces, 4 blocks-, Thaisinha (OH) 15;
    São Caetano: Fernanda Tomé (OH) 24, Sonaly (OH) 14, Mimi Sosa (MB) 8;
    MVP: Lara (MB)

• 9th ROUND

11/24/2017 stats
    SESI-SP 1x3 E.C. Pinheiros video
    SESI: Nikolle Del Rio (OH) & Neneca (OPP) 12, Domingas (OH) 8;
    Pinheiros: Bruna Honório (OPP) 24, Roberta (MB) 12 -7 blocks-, Mari Cassemiro (OH) 11;
    MVP: Ju Paes (L)

Dentil/Praia Clube 3x1 Vôlei Nestlé Osasco video
    Praia Clube: Nicole Fawcett (OPP) 22 -5 blocks-, Fernanda Garay (OH) 17, Fabiana (MB) 14 -6 blocks-;
    Osasco: Tandara (OH/OPP) 16, Angela Leyva (OH) 14, Bia (MB) 11;
    MVP: Fernanda Garay (OH)

• What made Drussyla cry?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• 9th ROUND

11/25/2017 stats
    Vôlei Bauru 2x3 Hinode Barueri video
    Bauru: Yoana Palácios (OH) 23, Ariane (OPP) 16, Andressa (MB 13;
    Barueri: Fê Ísis (MB) 23 -7 blocks-, Edinara (OPP) 19, Suelle (OH) 17;
    MVP: Jaqueline (OH)

11/26/2017
    Camponesa/Minas 1x3 SESC-RJ video
    Minas: Pri Daroit (OH) & Destinee Hooker (OPP) 13, Rosamaria (OH) 12;
    Rio de Janeiro: Peña Isabel (OH) 18, Monique (OPP) 15, Vivian (MB) 10;
    MVP: Vivian (MB)

• She had a heated argument with the referee, got a red card, kept complaining and got kicked out of the set. She left the court shaking and in tears. Probably helped that she was having a really bad day on court too.