Brazilian League 2017/2018

• What a SHAME. Minas with its first line-up cannot beat the "broken" Sesc.

More and more I dislike Rosamaria. Her attitude on court turn me off. She is always made about something, always screaming and pounding her chest, always looking pissed when her time on court has been nothing but okay. Pri Daroit did a better job.

• this superliga edition is so unpredictable...
    not all starters have shown to be promising.
    Only back up arr playing well and having a good season...

Roberta - solid setting...
    edinara - plays well

• Brazilian referees are the worst.This league needs a challenge system badly to cut down all the mistakes in officiating. :whistle:

I also see a lot of the refs being overweight and already wearing glasses even in the men's league. Wtf?!? For such a job requiring perfect vision... they are still hiring those guys??? :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Brazilian referees are the worst.This league needs a challenge system badly to cut down all the mistakes in officiating. :whistle:

I also see a lot of the refs being overweight and already wearing glasses even in the men's league. Wtf?!? For such a job requiring perfect vision... they are still hiring those guys??? :white:

Are you for real??? Wearing glasses and being overweight? Pure discrimination

• Today... Barueri had a terrible pass and mixed with the serve errors. Jaque and Suelle seems like a bad combination. They need someone stronger in attack if they are going to be destroy themselves with their reception. Suelle can't get into any rhythm with her attack and Jaque is past her prime.

I thought Naiane played better than Ana Cristina. They really are lacking the pass to even everything out. She tried hard mixing it up but there's just no middle reliable on especially with the slide attack. Maybe Thaisa could be of tremendous help when she returns.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Are you for real??? Wearing glasses and being overweight? Pure discrimination

Yes. I am for REAL. If you got hurt by my comment then I don't care. Your oversensitivity will probably cause accidents along the way. :whistle: Have you watch the games and not tell by the refs could totally screw a team over in this league? If it's not enough reason to change their hiring process then be prepared for the refs getting riled up by the fans just like the game between Funvic Taubate and Sada Cruzeiro. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• 10th ROUND

12/01/2017 stats
    SESI-SP 0x3 Vôlei Nestlé/Osasco video
    SESI: Raquel Loff (MB) 8, Glayce (OH) 7, Dani Suco (MB) 6;
    Osasco: Tandara (OPP) 15, Angela Leyva (OH) 14, Bia (MB) 11;
    MVP: Tandara (OPP)

E.C. Pinheiros 2x3 Fluminense F.C. video
    Pinheiros: Bruna (OPP) 20, Mari Cassemiro (OH) & Roberta (MB) 13;
    Fluminense: Renatinha (OPP) 21, Michelle Pavão (OH) 19, Thaisinha (OH) 18;
    MVP: Thaisinha (OH)

Camponesa/Minas 3x0 Hinode Barueri video
    Minas: Pri Daroit (OH) 18, Destinee Hooker (OPP) 14, Mara (MB) 9;
    Barueri: Suelle (OH) 7, Edinara (OPP) & Francynne (MB) 5;
    MVP: Pri Daroit (OH)

SESC-RJ 0x3 Dentil/Praia Clube video
    Rio de Janeiro: Monique Pavão (OPP) 15, Peña Isabel (OH) 12, Vivian (MB) 5;
    Praia Clube: Nicole Fawcett (OPP) 15, Fernanda Garay (OH) 14, Amanda (OH) 10;
    MVP: Nicole Fawcett (OPP)

• I just finished to watch Sesc RJ- Praia Clube, and I have to say that Praia is playing really well. I saw them in the final of Campeonato Mineiro and sincerely they didn't impress me at all but since then they've improved a lot and Fawcett is playing perfectly. The blocking is really impressive, but also defense and reception is solid: Suelen is playing superb.
    Fè Garay is hitting hard in attack, and for now they're definitely the team to beat, especially after yesterday.

One thing: Claudinha is really ALREADY 30? I remember her few years ago when she was playing in Sesi and I just realised that time flies (and I'm getting older :lol: ). Can't she be considered for the NT? I mean she's not worse than Macris, Naiane or even Roberta..

• I am rooting for Claudinha but I feel she's lacking the "magic touch" to be ever considered by Ze again. With the smaller brazilians... they need a setter who you can get the most out of all the passes and the three you mentioned are the best brazilians in my opinion and they still have Dani Lins and Fabiola. Strong competition she got there. She has to do better considering how good Praia is a team.

I have to agree with your observation on Praia. Unfortunately... they lost the Minas pre season derby but they had reasoms. Fe Garay just got married that time and it could have affected the team in a big way. After all... She is their best player. I am glad the gears are now clicking and everything so far is working out for them. Just probably need to keep the momentum going to the playoffs...

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• I just finished to watch Sesc RJ- Praia Clube, and I have to say that Praia is playing really well. I saw them in the final of Campeonato Mineiro and sincerely they didn't impress me at all but since then they've improved a lot and Fawcett is playing perfectly. The blocking is really impressive, but also defense and reception is solid: Suelen is playing superb.
    Fè Garay is hitting hard in attack, and for now they're definitely the team to beat, especially after yesterday.

One thing: Claudinha is really ALREADY 30? I remember her few years ago when she was playing in Sesi and I just realised that time flies (and I'm getting older :lol: ). Can't she be considered for the NT? I mean she's not worse than Macris, Naiane or even Roberta..

Ze Roberto has had personal issues with Claudinha in the past. There`s very little chances he will invite her back, he had problems with Macris as well, he invited her back but it was kind of a surprise.

Claudinha played for Campinas when Ze Roberto was the head coach and during one game in the playoffs he called Claudinha dumb in front of the cameras.

[media]

[media]

• I am watching Minas-Barueri now.. Hooker is slowly gritting back into her best shape, I hope she reaches it soon.. what an attack that was towards the end of the first set.. hitting a slide, but from the second line.. that shows you how gifted of an attacker she is..

• I mean she's not worse than Macris, Naiane or even Roberta..

Yes, she is worse than all of those. With Fe Garay, Fabiana, Walewksa, Fawcett, it is much easier to play in a higher level.

• According to 'O Tempo', Vôlei Bauru and Sesi-SP will turn into a team with high investment in the next season.

http://www.otempo.com.br/vem-a…erliga-feminina-1.1548934

Are the teams merging or is SESI will be sponsoring Volley Bauru?

#FreeBritney

• What will happen!

Sesi and volei bauru will tie up, a new gym facility eill be constructed. Reigning champions from the under 18 20 and junior camps will be building a new team. Which means height advantage plus age plus strong spike

This is in the aim of beating reigning champ sesc rio and be on par with other high budgeted clubs such as: dentil praia clube camponesa minas volei nestle and hinode baureri...

I hope that a new team from the superliga b will join the superliga a.

This way it will compete with the turkish and italian clube to hone players on their nt games.

As of this writing. I must say that turkist league is no. 1 followed by brazilian superlia and chinese league then italian volleyball league and by russian superliga....

• Comparing leagues is difficult without data to back it up.

#FreeBritney

• 10th ROUND

12/02/2017 stats
    BRB/Brasília Vôlei 1x3 São Cristóvão Saúde/São Caetano video
    Brasília: Priscila (OH) 12, Aline (MB) 11, Isabela Paquiardi (OH) 7;
    São Caetano: Fernanda Tomé (OH) 17, Sonaly (OH) 16, Mimi Sosa (MB) 9;
    MVP: Sonaly (OH)

Vôlei Bauru 3x1 Renaa Valinhos Country video
    Bauru: Yoana Palacios (OH) 16, Valquíria (MB) 14, Andressa (MB) 13;
    Valinhos: Sabrina (OPP) 15, Paula Mohr (OH) 14, Vivian (MB) 10;
    MVP: Yoana Palacios (OH)

• 11th ROUND

12/09/2017 stats
    Camponesa/Minas 3x0 Renata Valinhos Country video
    Minas: Carol Gattaz (MB) 18 -5 blocks-, Karol Tormena (OH) 10, Laiza (OPP) 9;
    Valinhos: Nayara (OH) & Vivian (MB) 9, Paula Mohr (OH) 6;
    MVP: Carol Gattaz (MB)

Dentil/Praia Clube 3x1 Hinode Barueri video
    Praia Clube: Nicole Fawcett (OPP) 19 -6 blocks-, Fê Garay (OH) 17, Walewska (MB) 4 -73%-;
    Barueri: Suelle (OH) 17, Edinara (OPP) 14, Francynne (MB) 8;
    MVP: Ananda (S)

Vôlei Nestlé Osasco 2x3 SESC-RJ video
    Osasco: Tandara (OPP) 25, Bia (MB) 17 -9 blocks-, Mari Paraíba (OH) 10;
    Rio de Janeiro: Monique (OPP) 25, Drussyla (OH) 24, Kasiely (OH) 14;
    MVP: Kasiely (OH)

BRB/Brasília Vôlei 1x3 E.C. Pinheiros video
    Brasília: Aline (MB) & Malu (OPP) 14, Priscila Souza (OH) 13;
    Pinheiros: Bruna (OPP) 18, Mari Cassemiro (OH) 15, Vanessa (OH) 11;
    MVP: Bruna Honório (OPP)