Japan - V.Premier League 2017-2018

• Confirmed: Koyomi Tominaga is going to Italy.

She's going to grow her game leading up to 2020. Probably not good news for us Miyashita fans, but Haruka is still young and can look forward to 2024 if she keeps her spirits up.

Good for Koyomi. I think she's great, and probably the best choice for Nakada's offense over defense "we can spike our way to victory just like European teams" nonsense.

• 2018 Volleyball Chubu General Championship Tournament? バレー中部総合

Does anybody know what this is? Part of/but separate from the Summer League? It looks like Denso is playing their A-team without Nabeya.

btw - I have high hopes for Marvel Comics Super Hero Rei Kudo this upcoming year. Looks like she is playing that MB/OP role our dearly departed Risa Ishii used to play.

• There are plenty of regional championships in Japan, let alone prefectural things. PFU, Kurobe, Queenseis, JR Gifu, Breath Hamamatsu and Denso all played over three days. Only best-of-three sets. Queenseis won over Kurobe in the finals, Kurobe beat Denso in one semifinal, while Queenseis beat PFU in the other.

• There are plenty of regional championships in Japan, let alone prefectural things. PFU, Kurobe, Queenseis, JR Gifu, Breath Hamamatsu and Denso all played over three days. Only best-of-three sets. Queenseis won over Kurobe in the finals, Kurobe beat Denso in one semifinal, while Queenseis beat PFU in the other.

Wow, Kurobe beat Denso in that match? I didn't watch it all yet. Is Kurobe going to be a threat in the V.League this year? I know they just landed Akane Ukishima from Hisamitsu. I think she has good potential.

That guy who makes these videos has a good camera. He's one of those "Butt Stalker" guys a lot of the time, has a lot of uploads of the girls stretching and such, and a lot of game footage that basically just zeroes in on a player's butt. He does also upload some really good stuff. Has up'd a couple VNL matches.

Is there a site that gives info or stats and such for that Chubu General Championship Tournament? I've googled and can't find anything. Nothing on the V.League site as far as I can tell.

• Is there a site that gives info or stats and such for that Chubu General Championship Tournament? I've googled and can't find anything. Nothing on the V.League site as far as I can tell.

Have you try googling with バレー中部総合? If you can't find it in english try searching in their language. I saw a few prefecture volleyball association websites post the scores for the matches (all in Japanese) but no specific stats. Here is one of those link http://sva-shizuoka.or.jp/?p=8464.

• Thank you my friends brahmin and theloneracer . So much volleyball!

That Denso v Kurobe match is pretty good. I had only watched most of the first set when I posted it. Denso crushed Kurobe 25-14. Then they were up 17-11 in set 2. Then they choked massively. The guy who filmed it cut the match at 17-11 and came back at 28-28. So we don't get to see the choke. Then Denso went on to lose the match! WTF

I sort of like the way this guy, Pooshan1053, edits his uploads--right from the ball hitting the floor to the ball leaving the server's hands. A set takes less than ten minutes. When he behaves himself (avoiding the butt-stalking) he knows what he is doing. And he's got a great camera. At times he'll move the whole thing to slow motion and play a waltz for a few points. There were a couple great facials (and one stomach-ial) in the match and he replays them a few times in slow-mo.

One of the massive facials was by a newcomer for Denso--19 year old, 179cm southpaw OP, Lena Sano (Sano Reina). It was a cross court, back row, direct hit to the cheek that knocked the recipient down. Looked worse than it probably was.

Check it out. I've got it queued up:

• Looks like Yuka Kanasugi has transferred to Takeshita's team Victory na Himeji. I think this will be great for her. We won't get to see her play for a couple years (until the team makes it to Division 1?), but we might be hearing about her.

2018/6/4

Yuka Kanasugi

JT Marvelous

I would like to transfer

Transferred to Himeji

Source

My Google Translate and comprehension powers have been wrong before so ...

• Look like Toray Arrows got new uniform and colours scheme for 2018/19 season.

https://twitter.com/TORAY_ArrowsW/status/1036886674146385920

Edit:

Toray Arrows will have a friendly with Korea Expressway Corp. Hi-pass (Korea) at Gimcheon Indoor Gymnasium, Korea on September 18th at 17:00 (GMT +9).

Sources: 1, 2

• DAZN has landed in the USA and didn't bring the V.League with them. ;( No surprise, really.

Another pipe dream was that V.League TV might let me in. But alas: "Please note that you can not watch overseas".

I wonder if I can use a VPN to sign up and then go from there :?:

• We should create a 2018-2019 page.. anyways

We don`t know which teams but Freya Aelbrecht and Laura Heyrman will play in Japan.

sitenoise u will love thee 2...they r nothing like any Euro or Mihajlovic lolo...they are super fun, energetic and all smiles...especially Aelbrecht :cheesy:.

In case you don`t know. They are both members of the Belgium National Team. They both have played in Italy and done super well, Heyrman has been among the top blockers in Italy....I`m honestly surprised she did not sign with a big cub in Italy or Turkey, she can block and attack.

• They both have played in Italy and done super well, Heyrman has been among the top blockers in Italy....I`m honestly surprised she did not sign with a big cub in Italy or Turkey, she can block and attack.

Maybe because she's coming back from knee surgery and here she said that apparently all places in Italy were already full:

http://volleymagazine.be/2018/…-op-een-rijtje-te-zetten/

• We should create a 2018-2019 page.. anyways

We don`t know which teams but Freya Aelbrecht and Laura Heyrman will play in Japan.

I don't know either of those two. I just looked and neither played with Belgium during VNL. I liked that team a lot. I'm glad Japan is attracting MBs more. More helpful and they don't get in the way as much.

I may start the 2018-2019 thread. I've been waiting for things to firm up, like team name changes and full rosters. And there's a couple folks here who have a better inside scoop on those kinds of things. Maybe I'll start it in such a way so I can update it as things iron out.