Japan - V.Premier League 2017-2018

• Cool! Thanks

She must have been a special guest for the Final. Leaves me in the dark as to who was commentating all season with Ohbayashi. Whomever it was really added to my enjoyment of the games.

Ohbayashi usually only gets called up for the bigger tournaments. This match was on NHK and not the normal broadcast channel Gaora (Cable) and DAZN (onlline only).

• News Update:

On Friday 30th of March, at a promotional event for the new volleyball league starting later this year. Three of the teams Toray Arrows, JT Marvelous and NEC Red Rockets announced that they have agreed to a three ways player trade. MB Haruyo Shimamura previously from NEC Red Rocket was traded to Toray Arrows, whilst OH Ai Kurogo who made her debut with Toray Arrows this past season moved to JT Marvelous, and OH Yuka Kanasugi formerly of JT Marvelous was traded to NEC Red Rockets.

Source: 1

• To make up for my April Fools' Day joke to everyone, here are some videos of the All-Star game.
    Just a heads-up, you won't be able to see every point of the game but it is better than nothing.

V. Premier League

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwsXKD3Kdz8
    https://vimeo.com/261955659 (Highlights)

V. Challenge League

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AV8DsFCA0M
    https://vimeo.com/261954001 (Highlights)

Totally agree with sitenoise that Japanese V-League needs to step up their game in promoting any future All-star game but I also want to see them promote their new league much better than they are currently doing so.

• JT Marvelous is, in the 2018 May 31 date, Mai Okumura players, Yumi Terai players, Yuka KANASUGI players, will be announced because Chiharu Kimura players we have decided to retreat section.

Mai Okumura players comment: "This time, we have decided that I am allowed to resigning."

Yuka KANASUGI players comment: "I will be resigning season Womochimashite. "

Source

Bummer

• The only two players I mentioned positively in post game commentaries for Ageo are retiring: Shiho Kondō and Miku Benoki.
    Source

Saori's little sister Mimi is retiring. Toray is going to need a new libero with Nakagawa also transferring away.

Toyota Body Queens Saki Takeda and Miyuki Hiramatsu are retiring. Takeda was a bit of a loud mouth but Hirmatsu was good. She played in that 2014 Montreux game with Inoue and Imamura.

Can't find anything on NEC or Hisamitsu yet

• Hi! ^^ This is my first post.

Today, the semifinal of "Kurowasiki" will be held.That is the last competition of the 2017/18 season.

Semifinals

Hisamitsu VS DENSO starts at 10 AM (Japan time)

Okayama VS JT scheduled to start at 12 pm

The final will be held tomorrow.
    Japanese NT players on VNL have not participated in this tournament.

Live streaming

https://www.mbs.jp/kurowashi/

• OMG Welcome to volleycountry. Thank you so much for the link to watch the games. I had been looking all over for a stream.

Game on right now! :serve:

:woohoo:

• First shot for me at seeing the 17 year old, Miyu NAKAGAWA, who was picked for the long list NT. She's 180cm, which ties her with everybody else in 2nd place behind Mari Horikawa as the tallest OH on Japan. She also looks a little more solid and mature than most Japanese High Schoolers.

I hope Yuka Imamura commits to defense at some point instead of lurching around like Frankenstein. She's a sniper with a really good swing.

Kudo is rockin it for Denso.

I will miss Risa Ishii next year.

update:
    Hisamitsu wins 3-0

• Match of the year!
    23 - 25
    21 - 25
    25 - 20
    25 - 22
    23 - 21 Awesome Tiebreaker!

Okayama played fast and smart the whole game. Miyashita played. She played gently. Such a relaxed setter. I can't keep up with the mystery of if she's injured or not. The highlight was Yuka KANASUGI. It was a game of emergence for her. She went from being just one of the goofballs hanging around to owning the team. It was HER team, and she willed the win.

Okayama took the first two sets and looked better than JT out the gate. Kitsui was a dud. KANASUGI took responsibility, put the team on her shoulders, and won the game. A delightful performance. Without Brankica in the way she really showed her stuff. Lots of backcourt attacks--with authority. Simply beautiful. JT is going to miss her next year.

Now we get a (somewhat) replay of the V.League Final. JT v Hisamitsu tonight!

Thanks again to came for posting where to see the games.

• 25-21, 25-23, 25-19

Not a very good Final match but I love these hybrid A+B team mini-tournaments. I wish I could see more matches from this one and the Empress Cup. It's nice to see new players get a chance to show their stuff.

JT MB #13 Anna Ogawa impressed. More in attack than blocking, but whaddaya gonna do? She also demonstrated backcourt defensive skills. I'll buy her a box of chocolates for that. She's easily mistaken for Aika Akutagawa on court. A pipsqueak playing MB on TV. Go JT!

KANASUGI was human. What a let down :huh: I am firmly of the belief that she will play a lot better as a main weapon than as a second fiddle. I hope that opportunity presents itself to her wherever she plays next year. Since Brankica is coming back, leaving JT should be better for her. I dunno why Okumura wants to leave.

Hisamitsu southpaw swinging OP #19 Akane Ukishima was a standout. She plays like a veteran. Don't know how else to describe it. I'd like to see her go to a team where she gets playing time.

Turns out Hisamitsu #24 Miyu Nakagawa is 18 years old and 183cm (according to onscreen stat box). That ties her with Horikawa for tallest NT swinger. She didn't make much of an impression, and didn't play much tonight. But she looks ready to play volleyball. A lot of the U21 Japanese players look like frightened kids to me. Not ready to kick some ass. Like #25 Hikari Kato.

• Message from Kano players

This time, I decided to retire.

I am very pleased to be anything than love is also a volleyball was come until here

• Most Valuable Player: Yuka KANASUGI (JT Marvelous)
    Fighting Spirit Award: Yuka Imamura (Hisamitsu Springs)
    Best Rookie: Kotona Hayashi (JT Marvelous) I meant to call her out earlier. She's got spu nk.
    Best Libero: Mako Obata (JT Marvelous)

Best 6:
    Yuka KANASUGI (JT Marvelous)
    Misaki Tanaka (JT Marvelous)
    Kotona Hayashi (JT Marvelous)
    Anna Ogawa (JT Marvelous)
    Yuka Imamura (Hisamitsu Springs)
    Akane Ukishima (Hisamitsu Springs)

• If any one stumbles across somewhere I can watch it again, or preferably download it, please do share. It was one of the best matches all year. I'd like to see more of that Hisamitsu front line: Imamura OH, Fumika Moriya MB, Akane Ukishima OP. And witness KANASUGI's metamorphosis again. It was beautiful.

• This is from the NEC web site "blog" (I think). Don't know if it's written by a fan or someone in the organization.

思えば、連覇を目指したシーズン。一方で一昨年の主力メンバーが勇退し、外国人も補強せず、山田監督がファン感で、「皆さんにお願いがある」と言われたのを覚えてます。ハッキリとお願いの言葉というより、決意の言葉とも聞こえましたが、「強い日本人になる」「高い目標にチャレンジしたい」ということでした。恐らく、「難しいチャレンジだが若い選手が頑張る姿を、長い目で応援してやってほしい」と言いたいんだと解釈し、自分は快諾しました。しかも、ライがキャプテン。きっといいチームになるだろうという期待感は、満載だったのを覚えてます。

Google Translated version:

If I think about it, the season I aimed for consecutive win. Meanwhile, the main member of the year 2000 retreated, foreigners did not reinforce, and Yamada remembered that "I have a request to everyone" with a sense of fans. I could hear it as a word of determination rather than words clearly, but it was "I want to be a strong Japanese" or "I want to challenge a high goal." Perhaps he interpreted as saying, "I would like you to support the long-term support of young athletes trying hard though it is a challenging task," and I accepted consent. Besides, Rai is the captain. I remember the expectation that it would be a nice team surely was full.

"Besides, Rai is the captain" ... Yanagita, I presume (who warmed the bench in the 16/17 season much to my chagrin).

Probably just wishful thinking and projection on my part, and if this is just the ramblings of a fan--like me--it's meaningless (although finding fellow travelers is nice), but I think it's saying:

"Bummer we didn't do so well this year, a foreigner might have helped, but on behalf of our fans we're committed to the development of our younger players (and we're going sans foreigner again next year?)".

Any Japanese readers can weigh in?

"the main member of the year 2000 retreated" ... I think this is a reference to NEC going undefeated back then and someone from that team retired from the organization

• This is what NEC fans wrote on bbs.

It is very difficult Japanese. I translated this sentence briefly.

"Yamada head coach was a fan's event last year and said,"" There are no foreign players in the 2017/18 season, but only Japanese players will make a strong team. ""
    I think that it will be a tough season as the main players of the 2016/17 season retired, but I decided to support young Japanese players.
    Because Yanagida will be the captain, I expected that NEC will probably be a good team. "

Sorry for my poor English.

• This is what NEC fans wrote on bbs.

It is very difficult Japanese. I translated this sentence briefly.

"Yamada head coach was a fan's event last year and said,"" There are no foreign players in the 2017/18 season, but only Japanese players will make a strong team. ""
    I think that it will be a tough season as the main players of the 2016/17 season retired, but I decided to support young Japanese players.
    Because Yanagida will be the captain, I expected that NEC will probably be a good team. "

Thank you so much came. It's not as earth-shattering as I hoped, just old news about last year. NEC has promising youngsters--Aratani, Hirose, Yamauchi, Yanagita. At least one of them will lose a year of development if NEC hires a foreign swinger next season. NEC needs a libero. I want Brenda Castillo ... but it won't happen.

• Sato Arisa
    Hitachi Rivale
    I would like to transfer
    2018/5/7

Praise the lord. That suggests she's not retiring. Please please please please please come to NEC Red Rockets Arisa! :flower:

Source

[Edit, to be clear] I will shit my pants if Arisa comes to NEC. Please please please :super:

I can make this happen. I know I can. It's only fair.

• Kotoe Inoue, the JT libero will also leave JT now. JT will have a big hole to fill with Okumura leaving as well. Is it the coach or wanting to play in a tougher league for 2020 Olympics?