Japan - V.Premier League 2017-2018

• With only one foreign player per roster it is a waste of money for a foreign libero no matter how good they are. A middle blocker or opposite provide a much better return than a libero. Remember teams can choose not to serve to the libero.

• With only one foreign player per roster it is a waste of money for a foreign libero no matter how good they are. A middle blocker or opposite provide a much better return than a libero. Remember teams can choose not to serve to the libero.

Tandara or Bia would be a better investment for NEC than Brenda Castillo, sure, but NEC doesn't need a swinger, or MB. They need a libero. For defense. NEC's digging and defense was horrible last season. They've got Shimamura and Ohno at MB; Koga, Yanagita, Yamauchi, Aratani, and Hirose as swingers. Koga, Yamauchi, and Aratani all receive well.

With Kotoe Inoue and Arisa Sato in Free Agency, this is going to happen. I can smell it. One or the other has got to come to NEC :thumbsup: I'll take either one and be the happiest camper on earth--happier with Arisa, but that's a minor quibble--unless they also hire a foreign swinger. That will break my will to live ;(

The thing with Kotoe is ... she hardly played this season. She wore her libero uniform less than 5 times, if even that. (I'll go look it up if you don't believe me :whistle: ).

I dunno about JT's coach. I like her but I don't know what issues her players may have. I did think it was almost cruel that she benched Kitsui and Kanasugi in the finals for teenager Kotona Hayashi--who hadn't played at all during the season.

I can see why Kanasugi would like a change of scenery. I'm ready to bet big bucks on that girl. Maybe Kitoe just wants to actually play libero somewhere (NEC). Okumura is a puzzle, though. Coaching issues? They did take second place in the league and beat Hisamitsu in the nearly-Final final whatever. They just won Gold in the Whatever Tournament. That's an accomplishment, a successful season. I'm not too worried about JT. They'll have Brankica. And Anna Ogawa, while not quite an Okumura, was very impressive in that recent Whatever Tournament. I wish there were stats for the Final match. I bet Ogawa had 6 aces in that match, in addition to her crisp attack and agile floor defense.

I'm kind of shocked at all the transfers and retirements happening, but this is the first time I watched a full season of club play and got to know everyone. :D

Is this amount of turnover common?

• Ah, thanks for the report. I like Megumi and I like JT so this is cool news.

• I can't be sure but it looks like this page has him "bowing out" and I assume that means retiring or moving on somehow:

http://w-volley.necsports.net/topics_detail1/id=1481

I really liked him because for the most part he kept his mouth shut during games and showed respect to the players

[update] Yep. Wow.

Gratitude of the 20 year period, Thank you very much! !

• Any changes for the foreign player rule? I've read somewhere that a team can have 2 foreign players now?

This was posted earlier in the thread:

I'm a bit confused myself but I think that second foreigner rule you implied will apply to V Premier League Men, namely a second foreigner from an AVC member federation will be allowed.

For V Premier League Women, however, the second foreigner must be from an ASEAN country, which does not include China.

• Deciphering Google Translate, I think this guy used to play for the NEC Blue Rockets and has been an assistant coach for the Red Rockets for a while

Source

• I see that Akane Ukishima, #19 on Hisamitsu has requested a transfer. I saw her play a few games during one of those one-off tournaments this spring. She's a lefty OPP, 22 years old, only 172cm but she impressed me. I mentioned earlier I'd like to see her move to a team where she'd get playing time, as she is unlikely to crack the Hisamitsu lineup. Only downside is that playing for Hisamitsu is better chance of making NT. Good luck to her.

• :thumbsup:

Teams will still have company names, but probably city names will be included (documentation says local names, but the league needs sponsors and the teams are around because of companies). Nothing official yet, probably wait for the break between the VNL and World Championships.

• I see that Akane Ukishima, #19 on Hisamitsu has requested a transfer. I saw her play a few games during one of those one-off tournaments this spring. She's a lefty OPP, 22 years old, only 172cm but she impressed me. I mentioned earlier I'd like to see her move to a team where she'd get playing time, as she is unlikely to crack the Hisamitsu lineup. Only downside is that playing for Hisamitsu is better chance of making NT. Good luck to her.

Would she ever get playing time with Hisamitsu's roster?

• Would she ever get playing time with Hisamitsu's roster?

Certainly not if Nagaoka comes back. I think it's a good move for her ... depending on where she ends up.

• NEWS UPDATE:

• After a season in Italy, Mami Uchiseto will return to the Japanese V-League with Toyota Auto Body Quuenseis announcing she has joined their team.

Source: 1

• Ageo Medics have announced their new name, logo and emblem for the upcoming volleyball league.
      Their new name is Saitama Ageo Medics Volleyball Team 「埼玉上尾メディックスバレーボールチーム」

Source: 1