Japan - V.Premier League 2017-2018

• After a season in Italy, Mami Uchiseto will return to the Japanese V-League with Toyota Auto Body Quuenseis announcing she has joined their team.

Hitachi is in Free fall. Losing Arisa Sato, Kurihara, and now Uchiseto. Time for Miwako Osanai to show us what she's got

• Source

It says a Free Trial this weekend for the Summer League Matches. Not sure how this will work out but I'm hoping I can watch. I love B Teams!

• ohh so the 2nd foreign player must be coming from ASEAN countries only? that is difficult. I mean asean countries doesn't have that "strong" players compare to other Asian countries like China & Korea. most likely they will get players from Thailand only? I read somewhere that chatchu-on from Thailand will be playing in japan under JT marvelous with brankica. I read a tweet as will that a player from phillipines will also play in japan? forgot her name. :what: :drink:

• ohh so the 2nd foreign player must be coming from ASEAN countries only? that is difficult. I mean asean countries doesn't have that "strong" players compare to other Asian countries like China & Korea. most likely they will get players from Thailand only? I read somewhere that chatchu-on from Thailand will be playing in japan under JT marvelous with brankica. I read a tweet as will that a player from phillipines will also play in japan? forgot her name. :what: :drink:

It's Jaja Santiago. I still don't know if it's confirmed or which team she'll play for. They said they will announce it on August.

• Free registration at https://vleague.tv

Four courts of action! Probably pretty lame camera work. I can't tell yet what's going on. Just warming up. I'm a failure at Time Zone converting. I thought they were to start at 10:00 am Japan time June 29 -- which as far as I can tell should have been at 6:00pm June 28 here in Pacific Standard Time. It's now 7:20

Anyway, it was painless to register

• I guess there are some weird rules concerning the matches, like they only play for an hour or something. And get different points for how quickly they win, or something.

Anyway, it's already match #2 time. The warmups I mentioned were after the first set of matches. Some teams play consecutive matches--that confused me as well.

This is just for hardcore knuckleheads. They have a camera that zooms in on players but the 'court' camera is three courts away from court #4. :D I'm not sure I'm hardcore or knuckle-headed enough :cheesy:

• I guess there are some weird rules concerning the matches, like they only play for an hour or something. And get different points for how quickly they win, or something.

Anyway, it's already match #2 time. The warmups I mentioned were after the first set of matches. Some teams play consecutive matches--that confused me as well.

This is just for hardcore knuckleheads. They have a camera that zooms in on players but the 'court' camera is three courts away from court #4. I'm not sure I'm hardcore or knuckle-headed enough

You can see the summer league competition summary here http://www.vleague.or.jp/2018sl/

Apparently it 3 points for a 2-0 win, 2 points for a 2-1 win, 1 point for a 1-2 loss, and 0 points for a 0-2 loss.

It seems that on the 1st day of the Western Conference, all the group matches are played so that each team will play with the other 2 teams in their group on the same day (except for group D which only have 2 teams). That is why you are seeing some of the teams playing consecutive matches.

• I wonder what happens if they are in the middle of the Tie Break 3rd set and time runs out. I can't quite figure out a google translate answer.

NEC isn't playing this tournament

I did see Mari Horikawa in uniform, maybe Haruka Miyashita. And it looked like Erika Araki is one of the camera people behind the server.

• One of the last games last night went 1 hour: 23 minutes. Maybe they let it go on because there was no upcoming game. One of the rules appears to be that teams get 11 minutes warmup before every match and games can not start late.

Anyway, Team Victory Na Himeji, whoever they are, just took a set from Hisamitsu. It's not the Hisamitsu with important NT players, but it's a GOOD B team:
    Fumika Moriya (MB), tough girl
    Yuka Imamura (OH)
    Hikari Kato (OH) youngster up and comer
    Miyu Nakagawa (OH) super youngster up and comer 183cm
    Sayaka Tsutsui (L)
    Minami Higane (S) - She appears to be a younger sister to Toyota's (S) Momoko Higane

• I'm getting better at understanding Google Translate:

"LIVE delivery start is before" means the match hasn't started yet. :)

Okayama Seagulls v Denso Airybees is on tap. I've watch a few Okayama games recently and I like them. And I think I'm going to be a Denso first fan this fall. I'll miss Risa Ishii, but My little Sweet Pea, Marvel Comics Superhero Rei Kudo, Nabeya, Mizuho Ishida (C), and, I'm going to make it a new years resolution to try and like Nanaka Sakamoto because it seems like we are supposed to :super:

• 1 Okayama Seagulls
    2 Hisamitsu Springs 
    3 Victory Na Himeji 
    4 Denso Airybees
    5 Toyota Auto Body Quincy's
    6 JT Marvelous
    7 East Arrows
    8 Toyota Motor Varukyure
    9 JA father-in-law Riorena 
    10 Ohno oil Hiroshima Oilers
    11 Osaka Superior's

• Victorina Himeji's coach is Takeshita and general manager is Manabe. They will play in V2.
    Kawai is a good setter. I'm looking forward to Takeshita's team.

Victorina Himeji web site
    https://www.victorina-vc.jp/s/HV/?ima=0610

Hey! That's wild. I watched them and thought they were pretty good. They took a set from Hisamitsu! And I definitely noticed Kawai. Short one "i" but her name made me chuckle :lol:

There was some kerfuffle about how this team formed, I think. Like they bought out another team so they could jump to V2 instead of V3 or something?

• Hey! That's wild. I watched them and thought they were pretty good. They took a set from Hisamitsu! And I definitely noticed Kawai. Short one "i" but her name made me chuckle :lol:

There was some kerfuffle about how this team formed, I think. Like they bought out another team so they could jump to V2 instead of V3 or something?

Last year, they tried to participate in V2 by buying a team that became difficult for management, but they could not participate because they were opposed by other teams.
    They will come to V2 without any criticism from anyone this year :whistle:

• Last year, they tried to participate in V2 by buying a team that became difficult for management, but they could not participate because they were opposed by other teams.
    They will come to V2 without any criticism from anyone this year :whistle:

The reason they were not let were for the following reason. Sendai Bellefille had told the VLeague that they were ceasing operations. Because of that players were expected to be released from Sendai’s roster.
    Victorina came in very late and said, we want to purchase Sendai’s position in V2. The league said yes, but with some conditions and this is missed by many. Victorina had to take on at least half of Sendai’s players. As many were now out of contract or released by Sendai, Victorina had like 2 or 3 weeks to get 9 or 10 players signed. Many said no, and Victorina finished with two signed. Hence the league responded with a no, you will not be joining. Additionally the team had not applied to join V3, so they were on the sidelines.

No with the new version of the league, there are no teams in V3 (new teams are given that license to start). As the only new member they are in V2.

• I just watched Victorina Himeji 2-1 Denso Summer League match. Kawai is definitely a leader. And the super short girl in the video with Kawai from their web site, Takahashi, looked pretty good. It was a fun watch. The distant camera angle offers an interesting way to see the game.

On the Denso side, it looks like Rei Kudo may be moving into that MB/OP role that Risa Ishii used to play.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming season with the new teams and everything. Get to see Miyashita and Okayama again. This Himeji team will be interesting as well.

• Is there any timeline for Free Agents to sign with a team? Does any one know?

The three best liberos in Japan are dangling out there and I'm anxious to know where they are going to end up. I hope and hope one of them signs with NEC. My order of preference would be: Arisa, Kotoe, Yumi Nakagawa, but I will gladly embrace any of them.

I haven't seen enough of last year's Challenge League teams to say much about them, or how they could benefit, especially Okayama and PFU. Too bad these new upstarts Victorina Himeji aren't welcome. They would make the V1 an even 12 teams instead of the weird 11.

Okumura, Kanasugi, and Hisamitsu's Akane Ukishima will be a big plus to any team. I know Kurihara has signed with the mildly gutted JT but I can't recall any other bright lights hanging out there

• I'm watching some of the Eastern Conference Summer League. Seems like better facilities and cameras. They even show replays. The court seems smaller over here in the East because of the camera and its angles, and the net seems lower.

Hitachi is doing well. They've only lost one crazy set to the Gunma Bank Green Wings 34-32. Beyond that it's Kurobe, PFU, Ageo, as expected I guess.

• Looks like the reason why NEC didn't participate in the summer league was because they are scheduled to play at the Asian Women's Club Volleyball Championship in Oskemen, Kazakhstan from July 11-18th. AVC, Wikipedia

9 JA father-in-law Riorena. :lol:

You got to love Google Translate sometimes.