Japan - V.Premier League 2017-2018

• 13:00 Ageo Medics v Hisamitsu Springs ... 1–3
    13:00 NEC Red Rockets v JT Marvelous ... 1–3
    15:00 Denso Airybees v Toyota Body Queens ... 3–0
    15:00 Hitachi Rivale v Toray Arrows ... 1–3

The big good news is that Body Queen Captain Saori Takahashi has returned to the lineup. Didn't see that coming. She brought decent reception with her and 10 points. The team played well overall, but it wasn't enough. Denso is playing too good behind Nabaya. 20 points and solid reception for her--and she clearly has the Flu, or something. She looked awful. Wrapped in a parka honkin her snozz during timeouts

Neriman is still beautiful and lots of fun. She had a couple great blocks and 24 kills. Entertaining match! Denso's won four of their last five, and move into third place. Toyota has lost five straight, drops to fourth.

JT put the clampers on NEC. Mihajlović was 8/11 flying in from the back. My new friend, pipsqueak MB Aika Akutagawa had 7 kills and 5 blocks!
    She even indulged in a little serve reception and lots of floor defense. Bravo. Kanasugi is still napping. Okumura is still rocking. Don't know what's ailing NEC but if Koga lets the team slip to the challenge league she better watch her back when it comes time for the NT roster. NEC let OH youngster Nanami Hirose have a chance. She did okay--23/49 kills and three blocks/three service errors. My kingdom for an OUMI.

Toray got the better of Hitachi only because Horikawa is playing like a monster, 26 kills, 3 blocks, but that's not the story. When you see her on court you know who's in charge. Lovely work.

Hisamitsu remains undefeated. Yawn. For all you Iwasaka haters -- 9 kills, 4 blocks. Ageo's only chance is to get rid of Carcaces. She can take her 29/77 swings and 5 service errors and go home. There's no team there.

• interestingly Toyota has lost many matches in a row..i hope they can win again with their Captain's being back

I think Toyota will be okay. Yesterday's match was a lot of fun. If you watched it without the benefit of a scoreboard you could come away thinking Toyota won. I'm cool with that. Neriman could probably win an Olympic Long Jump competition. She seems to start in the locker room and end up at the net.

• So, when I look at the stats (I`m using google translator), They have "attack" and they also have "backrow" attack. The amount of backrow attacks are included in the "attack" points or no.

For example, Mihajlovic has 29 attacks (points) and she has 8 backrow attack points. Are the 8 included in the 29 as total? or she actually had 38 attack points?

I have that same question. JT's team web site is one of the best ones but when it comes to numbers they jusy punt you to the V.League site, as best I can tell.

I don't care much for stats anyway but suffering those V.League translations sucks. Like what is "Into a Power - Good" when it comes to serve/receive :what:

If there was somewhere I could cut and paste from, I'd add some to the results--I know most people like stats.

• I think Toyota will be okay. Yesterday's match was a lot of fun. If you watched it without the benefit of a scoreboard you could come away thinking Toyota won. I'm cool with that. Neriman could probably win an Olympic Long Jump competition. She seems to start in the locker room and end up at the net.

:D

• Hmmm ... I want Toyota to win tonight but I don't want NEC to lose. What am I to do?

• Volleyball Cup streams aren't working for me in Firefox on a Mac. Didn't work last night either, but I could download the streams afterward. Damn.

Speaking of these announcers ... listening to the Japanese pronounce Japanese names I realize that they emphasize the first syllable where English speakers tend to emphasize the second.

Toyota's setter #4 Momoko Higane is growing on me.

Oh No! Did Yamauchi just get hurt?

• I`m watching Toray vs Ageo, so I don`t know if Yamauchi got hurt.... whatever it is I hope she`s ok...no more injuries please.

Ageo`s reception is terrible, they should just let Carcacess receive and she can do a better job.

• Yamauchi is in the locker room. At least she more or less walked there on her own, wasn't carried off.

She came down on opponent's foot, twisting her left ankle. Then it was almost sexy for a moment. This could be bad news.

• I noticed that Toyota's Captain Takahashi isn't playing tonight but I think I just saw her in the stands, out of uniform. ;(

• So people injuries already, makes me sad. With the World Championship in Japan they can`t afford having any injuries. I hope Yamauchi and Takahashi are ok. Not to mention they still have Nagaoka and Watanabe recovering. Injuries sucks.

Ok I`m going out tonight. I won`t be able to watch JT live but I will watch the replay in the morning, that`s why I love having the games on youtube. :rolleyes:
    And Ageo is a mess right now not even worth watching.

• Ageo`s reception is terrible, they should just let Carcacess receive and she can do a better job.

I don't understand the strategies of who gets to receive serve, but if reception is a skill Carcacess possesses they should let her do it.

Captain Takahashi is on the court now for Toyota. Goodness for that

• :thumbsup: Let's see if she can give Hisamitsu their first loss.

I get Toyota Captain Takahashi and #6 Nao Muranaga mixed up. It's Muranaga who didn't play for Toyota. Dunno if she's injured or what.

• 13:00 Ageo Medics v Toray Arrows ... 0–3
    13:00 Toyota Body Queens v NEC Red Rockets ... 3–2
    15:00 Denso Airybees v JT Marvelous ... 0–3
    15:00 Hisamitsu Springs v Hitachi Rivale ... 3–1

Ageo v Toray - Nothing to write home about here except that Love After Dark might be inching her way out of her slump, and with the win Toray inches past Toyota into 3rd place.

Toyota v NEC - Unexciting match until the Tie-break where Toyota showed clearly who had more desire to win. They were digging and scrapping all over the place. Lovely. Well, Neriman was 17/31 from the back. That was lovely, too. Toyota #6 Nao Muranaga didn't play. Not sure about injury but she did have a small snafu last game. In other injury news, NEC budding star #13 Misaki Yamauchi was assisted (not carried, phew!) to the locker room midway through the first set after coming down from a block and landing halfway on Momoka Oda's foot:

Having Yanagita take over Yamauchi's reception duties didn't turn out to be the disaster I thought it would be. Out of 18, she had 7 excellents and 4 Into a Power Goods, whatever that means.

Denso v JT Marvelous - Another uneventful match. Nabaya looked merely human, which isn't good enough to win. JT was fun, and Kanasugi showed a little more spark than she's had in the past few games. I think she plays better with Kitsui rather than in place of her. Kitsui needs to be the receiving OP.

Hisamitsu v Hitachi - Hisamitsu gave Hitachi the first set by opting to play youngster Hikari Kato in place of Shinnabe. But the thing about Hisamitsu, especially Shinnabe and Yuki Ishii, is that their natural, unconscious response to losing a set is to play better. They don't even have to try. It just happens. That's hard to beat. In happy happy news, #9 Hisae Watanabe has finally returned from the injured list. She was 23/57 in kills but 1/10 from the back. Mom-looking #11 Megumi Kurihara was out of uniform in the stands, dunno why. #13 Miwako Osanai had a lackluster game (4/27). I hope that's not because of Watanabe's return.

Current Standings:

1 Hisamitsu Springs - 32pts ... 11-0 -- (33,7)
    2 JT Marvelous - 24pts ... 8-3 -- (29,16)
    3 Toray Arrows - 16pts ... 6-5 -- (17,16)
    4 Toyota Body Queens - 16pts ... 5-6 -- (18,20)
    5 Denso Airybees - 15pts ... 5-6 -- (15,19)
    6 Ageo Medics- 11pts ... 4-7 -- (15,20)
    7 NEC Red Rockets - 11pts ... 3-8 -- (12,19)
    8 Hitachi Rivale - 7pts ... 2-9 -- (11,24)

Ongoing season results, highlights, and schedule in ->this post

• good that Toyota won after losing streaks :thumbsup:
    Hirose from Ned seems to be a good player
    btw..what does "Satay/Satai" mean>>commentators say Toyota "Satay"...means team,group etc ?

japanese female names are very nice..i like them :D

• Ok, I finally finished watching JT vs Denso. Very solid win, and I can`t wait for Friday to come as they will face Hisamitsu again and of course they are team to beat, JT had 2-0 against them in the first game.

So the thing about Carcaces receiving, yeah she can receive, she is a outside hitter and as far as I know she has always played as OH, same thing for Neriman, she is a OH and not OPP, maybe Canter knows but I`m not sure if she has ever played as OPP. But they won`t them then receive because everyone will be targeting them form the service line, but when they play in Europe or elsewhere they will receive.

I`m so glad Watanabe is back, and vowww she already scored over 20, that`s great and at least they took a set from the favorites.
    And I can`t believe Neriman had that many backrow attacks, that`s kind crazy.

• Hirose from Ned seems to be a good player
    btw..what does "Satay/Satai" mean>>commentators say Toyota "Satay"...means team,group etc ?

Do you mean Nanami Hirose who plays for NEC is from the Netherlands?

I don't speak Japanese so I can't say what Satay means, except for meat on a stick. I've not heard the commentators say that. I've watched enough Japanese films to see how the word "Hai" is used but that's about it for me.

So the thing about Carcaces receiving, yeah she can receive, she is a outside hitter and as far as I know she has always played as OH, same thing for Neriman, she is a OH and not OPP, maybe Canter knows but I`m not sure if she has ever played as OPP. But they won`t them then receive because everyone will be targeting them form the service line, but when they play in Europe or elsewhere they will receive.

I'm sorry but I still don't get this receiving thing. Are you saying that OPs don't receive? Yamauchi is receiving OP. Shinnabe. Shiho Kondō on Ageo. Kitsui. I thought Osanai plays OP some. Beyond that, seeing someone receive, pass to the setter and then go in for the kill is something I see all the time. I love that play. I simply can't wrap my head around this "they won`t [let] them then receive because everyone will be targeting them form the service line as a strategy. If you are a good receiver/passer, bring it on. Koga does it all the time. Seems most OHs do. Kurogo, Nabeya, etc. I know you've explained it to me about five times :aww: :wall:

I imagine Carcesess could receive well. She has long soft arms. I've seen her pass well if the ball comes to her. She's not so good if she has to move for it.

• In the first or second point of the third set of Denso v JT last night, Denso made a challenge and the coach was a little too chatty in his disagreement with the verdict. Brankica was getting a big kick out of it. So the ref calls over Denso's Captain, Mizuho Ishida, and tells her to go tell her coach to shut up or he's going to get a yellow card. Ishida bows her head slightly to the ref, takes a few steps toward her coach and bows her head slightly towards him. The coach responds with a look of slight contrition, albeit with a wry smile, and they are on their way. This kind of respect for your players is something Thailand coaches should learn. Most of the grumpy old Euro Egos could take note as well.