Salonpas Cup - Brazil

• I can't believe Rexona beat Finasa.........

Finasa had been playing much better and Paula who is, for me, the best brazilian player nowadays, plays there.

I don't know why Finasa keeps playing in a shitty way at finals against Rexona.... :x :x

• Preliminar Fase
    27/09 – 15h00 – Pinheiros/Mackenzie (BRA) x Scavolini Pesaro (ITA)
    27/09 – 17h00 – Finasa/Osasco (BRA) x CDC Mirador (DOM)

28/09 – 15h00 – Finasa/Osasco (BRA) x Kinder Voleibol (POR)
    28/09 – 17h00 – Rexona-Ades (BRA) x Scavolini Pesaro (ITA)

29/09 – 18h00 – Kinder Voleibol (BRA) x Scavolini Pesaro (ITA)
    29/09 – 20h00 – Rexona-Ades (BRA) x CDC Mirador (DOM)

30/09 – 18h00 – Pinheiros/Mackenzie (BRA) x Kinder Voleibol (POR)
    30/09 – 20h00 – Finasa/Osasco (BRA) x Rexona-Ades (BRA)

01/10 – 18h00 – Pinheiros/Mackenzie (BRA) x CDC Mirador (DOM)
    01/10 – 20h00 – Finasa/Osasco (BRA) x Scavolini Pesaro (ITA)

02/10 – 18h00 - CDC Mirador (DOM) x Kinder Voleibol (POR)
    02/10 – 20h00 – Pinheiros/Mackenzie (BRA) x Rexona-Ades (BRA)

03/10 – 16h00 – CDC Mirador (DOM) x Scavolini Pesaro (ITA)
    03/10 – 18h00 – Finasa/Osasco (BRA) x Pinheiros/Mackenzie (BRA)
    03/10 – 20h00 – Rexona-Ades (BRA) x Kinder Voleibol (POR)

Semifinals
    04/10 – 15h00 – 2º x 3º
    04/10 – 17h00 – 1º x 4º

Finals:
    05/10 – 07h00 – 3º/4º: Looser of Semifinal 1 x Looser of Semifinal 2
    05/10 – 10h00 – 1º/2º: Winner os Semifinal 1 x Winner of Semifinal 2

Oficial Site: http://www.salonpascup.com.br/

• I wonder if Pesaro will play with its main players. If Pesaro comes to Brazil with its full force it will be nice to watch the match between Pesaro and Finasa. Too bad Blaüsiegel/São Caetano is not playing this tournament.

• wow, a portuguese team. I hope we can win something... a set would be nice :whistling:

• Aren't Pesaro's main players playing the qualifying for EC 2009? I think that it does not end before Salonpas Cup.

Edited, 09/21/08: Pesaro is coming with main force :D Just asked to one of the players and she said they leave Italy on the 24th :D

• Aren't Pesaro's main players playing the qualifying for EC 2009? I think that it does not end before Salonpas Cup.

Edited, 09/21/08: Pesaro is coming with main force :D Just asked to one of the players and she said they leave Italy on the 24th :D

Pesaro 3 x 0 Pinheiros

Pinheiros/Mackenzie: Fabiana Berto e Tandara, Fernanda Garay e Thaís, Ângela Moraes e Lígia, Arlene (Líbero).

Scavolini Pesaro: Francesca Ferretti e Katarzyna Skowronska, Carolina Costagrande e Jaqueline, Martina Guiggi e Christiane Fürst, Elke Wijnhoven (Líbero).

• from Scavolini side
    PINHEIROS-SCAVOLINI 0-3
    PINHEIROS MACKENZIE: Angela 8, Ligia 9, Bruna ne, Fernanda Davis ne, Thais 11, Michelle, Dani ne, Pati 1, Fernanda Garay 7, Arianne ne, Fabiana 1, Arlene (L), Tandara 10. All. Cocco.
    SCAVOLINI PESARO: Lunghi, Garzaro, Wijnhoven (L), Skowronska 12, Brussa ne, Castiglione ne, Ferretti, Fürst 10, Costagrande 21, Di Crescenzo ne, Guiggi 7, Jaqueline 13. All. Zé Roberto.
    PARZIALI 23-25 (30’), 22-25 (30’), 21-25 (27’).

but in statistics there is write Costagrande score 18 points
    details you can see on official side of tournament (http://www.salonpascup.com.br)
    I think tomorrow it could be interesting match between Scavo and Rexona-Ades

• Rexona Ades - Scavolini Pesaro 3:1 (25:23, 25:23, 21:25, 27:25)

Rexona: Fabiana 12, Erika 15, Dani Lins 3, Regiane 15, Fernanda, Betina, Joycinha 22, Carol Gattaz 10, Amanda, Fabi (L), Monique, Raquel.

Scavolini: Lunghi, Garzaro 9, Wijnhoven (L), Skowronska 22, Brussa, Castiglione ne, Ferretti 3, Fürst 14, Costagrande 16, Di Crescenzo ne, Guiggi 1, Jaqueline 12.

• Kinder Voleibol - Scavolini Pesaro 0:3 (18-25, 5-25, 10-25)

Kinder: Guerrero, Esteves 10, Bernardo 3, Rodrigues 2, Couto 1, Melo (L), Miguel, Timm 1, Rocha 2, Carlos, Martins, Hurst 2.

Scavolini: Garzaro 10, Wijnhoven (L), Skowronska 9, Brussa 3, Castiglione 1, Ferretti 2, Fürst 11, Costagrande 7, Di Crescenzo, Guiggi, Lazcano 1, Jaqueline 7.

• brazilian experts, please tell your thoughts on the following...

i was under the impression that Finasa is a better team than Rexona.... what happened here, they lost vs Rexona 0-3... and the next day they loose vs Scavollini 0-3 very easy... and i think that Finasa is even playing at home, so should be supported by the fans... what is happening to them ?? a week or so after they beat the same Rexona very easy and win the Cup, they play these two 0-3s in a row...

any thoughts ??

• Finasa is theorethically a great team, but the team changed a lot. I think it will take some time for the team to adapt to the new players. There's a new libero, a new middle-blocker, a new opposite and a new outside hitter. Four out of seven players of the team changed and I believe the players need more time to get used to each other. Finasa's serves against Pesaro were a tragedy, the team wasted the majority of the counter-attacks they created and blocking, which was a strong point of Finasa, didn't exist at all.

I believe Finasa is lacking confidence too, they lost the first set to Rexona 23-25, and they were leading the second set 18-12 but eventually lost 24-26 (they even had a set point and wasted it). After that the team stopped fighting and lost the third set 18-25. I believe Finasa was not able to recover psychologically in the match against Pesaro. The other reason for Finasa's defeat was in Pesaro's bench. José Roberto Guimarães knows Paula, Sassá, Thaísa, Carol, Lia and Natália very well.

I believe Finasa will meet Pesaro again in the semifinal of the tournament. I wanted this match to be the final match of Salonpas Cup, but it seems the final match will be between Rexona and Pesaro. I believe the coaches Bernardinho (Rexona) and Zé Roberto (Pesaro) are making the difference in this tournament. They build up an excellent strategy to play against Finasa and they were able to neutralize Finasa's strong points. The short serves of Pesaro caused a lot of trouble to Finasa in yesterday's match.