World Grand Prix 2007

• Despite the fact that Jaque was practising with Brazil's NT after the Pan-Am Games, I believe the coach decided to keep her out just in case.

The good news is that she'll be able to play the World Cup in November. Jaque's punition lasts 60 days, I believe she'll be able to take part of International Competitions again in the middle of September.

• Quote from "Matthias"

Italy team for first weekend:

Setters: Lo Bianco, Dall'Igna
    Opposites: Aguero, Vitez
    OHs: Fiorin, Ortolani, Secolo, Del Core
    MBs: Gioli, Guiggi, Barazza
    L: Croce

How come Anzanello is not on the team??? :shock: :shock:
    Now I'm shocked!

The good news is that she'll be able to play the World Cup in November. Jaque's punition lasts 60 days, I believe she'll be able to take part of International Competitions again in the middle of September.

Do you know when the South American Championship starts?

• Quote from "Celso"

Despite the fact that Jaque was practising with Brazil's NT after the Pan-Am Games, I believe the coach decided to keep her out just in case.

Thanks Celso! :lol: Good to hear that news! I hope to see her again on the court soon.. :wink2:

• most probably you didn't hear about it!

'During the training of Polish volleyball players in Hong Kong almost didn't reach the tragedy - informed one of sports service centres in TVP. Falling off the roof of the hall the screwdriver could kill Małgorzata Glinka.

On the scaffolding beneath the roof of the hall one of workers left the screwdriver. When Poles began the warm-up, the screwdriver fell off the height of a dozen or so metres and with the huge impetus he squeezed into the floor right next to the head of Małgorzata Glinka. Fortunately the serious injury miraculously didn't happen.

When he is informing TVP, competitors, coaches and journalists watching the training were stunned with what saw. The irresponsible behaviour of the worker could result behind itself in huge consequences, about which friends from the team of Glinka and alone interested even were afraid to think.' :shock:

i saw it in 'wiadomosci'. it looked out terribly :? :?

p.s it is likely that there are some mistranslations :)

• wha :shock: thats really scary. fortunatly nothing happened.....
    anyway, there is something i wonder. Why is Glinka travelling with the team though she doesnt play :? is she back to the nationalteam or what..... did i miss some news? lol :wink2:

• I'm shocked too! :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Even if it wasn't on Glinka's head, it could be on someone's, and it's serious, it could kill a person... Fortunately, no one is injuried

• So, its friday and it means next round of the Grand Prix starts.
    This time matches take place in Tokyo, Khabarovsk and HongKong.
    the groups look like this:

Tokyo:
    BRA
    NED
    JPN
    TPE

Khabarovsk:
    CUB
    USA
    RUS
    KAZ

HongKong:
    CHN
    POL
    ITA
    DOM

Brazil should have no problems in this group again. The 2 other groups are better balanced. It will be interesting to see how the match between USA and RUS will end (will russia be able to pay revenge?) Anyway, Kazachstan will most probably be the "loser" of the group...
    The last group will be pretty interesting too... I would say that Italy will finish 1st here, with Aguero its almost impossible to loose. China will be the runner up and then i guess and hope Poland.
    Im hoping that Poland wont give away matches as easy as against russia last weekend and im hoping for another interesting match against china.....

some matches will be broadcasted live on Eurosport and of course CCTV5