Montreux Volley Masters 2007

• hmm yeah, i kind of share the same thoughts... I just hope that Poland will play a bit better and that it will be a threat for the cubans...

• [quote="zik013"]what do you guys think of the first day matches:

Cuba Poland... should be easy win for cubans... Polish squad is very NOT impressive, plus will be first game for them===== cuba has improved no doubt, and works out something new, guess it will end in 3-0 consider poland does not gather the full force :?

China Turkey... chinese should take this one quite easily====if china can disable the power of nelihan(?i know, spelling) :oops:

Serbia Netherlands... serbs are missing 3 players from starting lineup from WC2006... Krismanovic, Spasojevic and captain Citakovic... Netherlands already played 6 games in china so should be in better form... only Visser looks missing... so Netherlands favourite ??? ===== yes, serbia got its power discounted, but i believe in the tall nicolic as well 8)

Germany Russia... germans in good squad and should be able to beat (???) russians who are missing its STAR power in Sokolova, Gamova and Godina..===== reasonable cos i think the same---russia is just searching for someone young and all rounded 8)

• Quote from "colossus"

China Turkey... chinese should take this one quite easily====if china can disable the power of nelihan(?i know, spelling) :oops:

it's NESLİHAN DEMİR DARNEL.it won't be easy for china to stop nesli easily and ı don't think that china will have such an easy game at least ı hope.

about the other games it's difficult to predict the result of the match between netherlands and serbia but netherlands seems to be favourite at least ı think so.they played good games ın china.the new player MEIJNERS Floorlje ı liked her play.

cuba also will probably beat poland .but ı wonder poland's performance in this tournament.

let's wait and see.ı hope cctv shows all the matches.

• [quote="DEMIR17"][quote="colossus"]

it's NESLİHAN DEMİR DARNEL.it won't be easy for china to stop nesli easily and ı don't think that china will have such an easy game at least ı hope.
    ====thats why team china have to figure out a way to stop her, you know, she is THE BEST scorer in WCH 8)

about the other games it's difficult to predict the result of the match between netherlands and serbia but netherlands seems to be favourite at least ı think so.they played good games ın china.the new player MEIJNERS Floorlje ı liked her play. ==

== for netherlands, it really depends, first 3-2 beat cuba then 2-3 lost to dominica, but still promising for netherlands cos these are five setters and no one knows what happen in the end :oops:

cuba also will probably beat poland .but ı wonder poland's performance in this tournament. === justyna just informed us that glinka wont be in the NT, its not that difficult to predict unless poland improves reception---what happened in WCH is not pleasant for poland supporters lol

let's wait and see.ı hope cctv shows all the matches. ===
    cctv5 does broacast all-either live or recorded
    :D

• @ colossus....

its not the first time i notice that you have problems with proper quoting :shock: .....
    please please try not to delete the "[/quote]" everytime you quote somebody... cos its really hard to read some of ur messages, cos its not that obvious where your post starts and the other users post ends... so please pay a little more attention to that :wink2:

anyway, thx for the cctv5 info :good:

• Quote from "Nastja"

@ colossus....

its not the first time i notice that you have problems with proper quoting :shock: .....
    please please try not to delete the "

" everytime you quote somebody... cos its really hard to read some of ur messages, cos its not that obvious where your post starts and the other users post ends... so please pay a little more attention to that :wink2:

anyway, thx for the cctv5 info :good:[/quote]

oh, i am so sorry for that----i did that on purpose so that i can follow up right after the question--- 8) but i wont do it again

for cctv info, obliged to share the channel 8)

• Quote from "colossus"

oh, i am so sorry for that----i did that on purpose so that i can follow up right after the question--- 8) but i wont do it again

for cctv info, obliged to share the channel 8)

ehehe well.... maybe im just too strict and fussy :oops: so it was just a suggestion... if u feel more comfortable with ur "old" way of quoting its fine with me too..... as long you and the rest of the users are feeling comfortable here, im fine :wink2:
    _________

back to topic, i really wanna see poland win this match against cuba! and i really really wanna see that match on CCTV5 :twisted:

POLAND :clapping:

• next games today.... germany and russia rested yesterda..

so today,

Holland Germany... Holland is a little favourite as it already had played 7 games this past week, while Germany just started its preparation.

Russia Serbia.... Serbia showed good play yesterday, and the most troubled position of blockers did exceptionally well, but game was lost from own errors, i think Serbia will win today... what do u guys think ?

China Turkey... expect 3-0 for China.. but with their mentality 3-1 is also possible

• Quote from "Nastja"

back to topic, i really wanna see poland win this match against cuba! and i really really wanna see that match on CCTV5 :twisted:

POLAND :clapping:

I hope that this time CCTV5 shows match 'live' between Poland and China :roll:

Cuba - Poland 3:0 (25:18, 25:19, 25:22)
    The best scorer in polish team was Joanna Frąckowiak (OH) she is 19 years old and she played in AZS Poznań (in next season she'll be play in Centrostal Bydgoszcz).
    Statistics

China - Poland not Turkey :wink2:
    I think that Germany, Serbia, and China will win (:

• [look

as predicted, chins is too young this year, hope it play better in the coming 2 matches
    what to say, cuba rocks with all their players---santos scored 8 points just like rosir calderon

• Quote from "Justyna"

I think that Germany, Serbia and China will win (:

:) i think the same way! i hope germany will start properly in this new national team season...

btw, i uploaded pics of the first day to the gallery...
    check the pics out, go here

• yesterday we lost against china but our play wasn't bad ı especially liked (middle blocker)eda erdem she scored 13 points and china reception had difficulty in receiving her jump serves actually china's reception was bad during all the match and as always neslihan was great.

• just for the overview :wink2: :

results of day 1 (05.06.07)
    SRB - NED 2-3 (25-23, 22-25, 25-23, 21-25, 12-15)
    CHN - TUR 3-1 (25-21, 22-25, 25-16, 25-20)
    CUB - POL 3-0 (25-18, 25-19, 25-22)

• [update:

the result of 1st set germany vs netherland: 21-25

amazing, holland was trailing 1-9, 4-12 but tied up at 15 with germany and holland is able to win 25-21 :roll:

2nd set germany came bcak with 25-20
    holland just like what happened in the first set okay reception :oops:

holland won the 3rd set by 25-23
    at the right moment, selinger called a time out and holland got the set point despite germany tried very hard to tie up at 24 but the key spike from holland crushed the hope of germany 8)

sad, cctv5 suddenly cut the broadcasting in the 4th set when holland had 2 points lead :cry2:

• another update on the results for the 2nd day:
    NED - GER 3-2 (25-21,20-25,25-23,26-28,15-11)
    RUS - SRB 1 -3 (25-22, 11-25, 18-25, 23-25)
    CHN - POL 3-0 (25-23, 25-13, 25-12)

uff... Poland had no chance at all against china. seems like they were fighting a bit in the 1st set but lost their motivation and power in set 2 & 3....making just 13 or 12 points in a set is really embarressing :?
    its nice to see that Serbia won against russia :good: of course its not the a-team russia but it sounds nice to win against the worldchampion :wink2:

matches for 3rd day:
    TUR - POL 16:30
    CHN - CUB 18:30
    RUS - GER 21:00

i guess that Turkey, China and Germany will win....

• For tomorrow's match, I guess Turkey, China and Germany are favourites to winning their matches. As for the whole competition, it seems China, Serbia, Cuba and Netherlands will fight for the title.

China's Team performance has been a nice surprise, cause even without their main players, they are causing lots of trouble to their opponents. I'm disappointed with the performance of both Poland and Russia, I expected much more from them.

• Quote from "Celso"

China's Team performance has been a nice surprise, cause even without their main players, they are causing lots of trouble to their opponents. I'm disappointed with the performance of both Poland and Russia, I expected much more from them.

what to say, russia is looking for subs for sokolova and godina in montreux
    so, loss to serbia is okay

whats so surprising about serbia is that they found a new best scorer with 24 points and she is not nikolic---i guess she successfully take the position of spasojevic lol

for china, i think today cuba might have a 3-1 victory cos i know cuba found a new way to stop china 8)