Montreux Volley Masters 2007

• Quote from "Justyna"

Wooooow :shock:
    Poland - Turkey 3:2 (15:25, 25:20, 23:25, 25:22, 15:13) :D
    Statistics

shalalalalala :dance: :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :woohoo:
    very very nice :D i already thought that poland would loose all its matches but here comes the surprise :o
    :trophy:

• Quote from "Nastja"

shalalalalala :dance: :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :woohoo:
    very very nice :D i already thought that poland would loose all its matches but here comes the surprise :o
    :trophy:

with bonita there, i think poland will have better reception and better games lol
    i guess he is more inclined to have players pay more attention on the basics 8)

• [for the stats:

thx for puting up the stats

i kinda expecting Li Juan this year-----she has a new nick-name -- sokolo-juan 8)
    cos she could receive, block and dig quite well and she actually can play MD, Hitter, Opposite----

• Quote from "colossus"

with bonita there, i think poland will have better reception and better games lol
    i guess he is more inclined to have players pay more attention on the basics 8)

Unfortunately our "smart" girls let him go to Poland. :cry2: :evil:

• update on the results:

CHN - CUB 2-3 (25-23, 17-25, 19-25, 25-16, 9-15)
    gotta admit that im a bit surprised that Cuba won... But i expected a close match anyway

Russia and Germany are playing right now.
    its tied 1:1 in sets. first set was won by russia 28:26, the second one by germany 25:20....

• Quote from "samba player"

Unfortunately our "smart" girls let him go to Poland. :cry2: :evil:

but isn't Barbolini good too? At least for me, all the mess with Bonitta sounded like "everyboby hates him"... and when the situation comes to that, I guess his resign (:roll:) was the best solution.

CHN - CUB 2-3 (25-23, 17-25, 19-25, 25-16, 9-15)
    gotta admit that im a bit surprised that Cuba won... But i expected a close match anyway

Russia and Germany are playing right now.
    its tied 1:1 in sets. first set was won by russia 28:26, the second one by germany 25:20....

I'm not surprised by the CUB-CHN match result, Cuba is a great team, also like China, both could have won the match.
    I hope Germany beats Russia :roll: :twisted:

BTW, when I updated the forum my screen was dominated with "Cuba and Poland winning" hahaha I guess you're on high with Poland's victory, Nastja :P

• Quote from "LothiePG"

BTW, when I updated the forum my screen was dominated with "Cuba and Poland winning" hahaha I guess you're on high with Poland's victory, Nastja :P

:lol2: ahaha yeah im sorry, we were testing the news tool :lol: and "unfortunatly" this became a bit big :oops: :mrgreen: hope its ok now :oops:

update:
    germany leads 2:1 in sets. 3rd set: 25:18

• so, the match between Russia and Germany is finally over.
    Ger - Rus 3:1 (26:28 25:20 25:18 25:13)

the result shows perfectly that russia got worse set by set or maybe it means that germany got stronger :wink2:
    Im happy that germany won :good:

• cctv5 didnt show the china cuba match as they claimed---cctv5 lied to me again -0-
    good and proud to hear that china put up to have a 5th setter again: cuba won in china 3-2 and lost 2-3 and in montreuc cuba won again, congrats

what to say about russia, prior to 2006 Wch, russia lost enough matches to test the best formation, now it is just testing again for 08 lol

i guess the matches in the semi finals will be great to watch 8)

• Some Comments from the German team about the match against Russia

"we could have won even 3:0, im really satisfied", said Coach Giovanni Guidetti. "Everynight i go to bed more and more satisfied. I hope we will be able to reach the Semifinals, but i am sure that my team will fight till the end"

„It's always great to win against Russia“, said Corina Ssuschke. „They are such animals that usually they should be able to smash on our heads, but this time even Kathleen was able to block."

• Quote from "Nastja"

„It's always great to win against Russia“, said Corina Ssuschke. „They are such animals that usually they should be able to smash on our heads, but this time even Kathleen was able to block."

Did she really say that? :shock:
    I'll pretend I haven't read this :shock: :shock: :shock:

• Hey guys, I understand that you all feel real good when Russia loses and so on, but don't forget that it's not our main team and everybody knows that our sub players no matter if they young or not (even Safronova who is in team for so long) are not talented like in other countries and after OG 2008 our team will go down in rankings and won't be such force, so wait for only 1 year. Caprara before Motreux said that if we win 1 game it'll be a success.
    Also, I liked it in the headline: "Russia loses to a strong Germany team".)) So, let it be. I'm not saying that Germany isn't strong,but you could write at least Russian B squad.
    No matter whether we lose or win, no matter what squad, our girls are the best in the world.
    RUSSIA FOREVER!!!
    By the way, congrats to serbian and german fans, they played very well especially in sets when they won 25:11 and 25:13.
    P.S. I'm not aggrieved at all, everything is ok, those are just my thoughts. :wink2:

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Quote from "Nick"

Hey guys, I understand that you all feel real good when Russia loses and so on, but don't forget that it's not our main team and everybody knows that our sub players no matter if they young or not (even Safronova who is in team for so long) are not talented like in other countries and after OG 2008 our team will go down in rankings and won't be such force, so wait for only 1 year. Caprara before Motreux said that if we win 1 game it'll be a success.
    Also, I liked it in the headline: "Russia loses to a strong Germany team".)) So, let it be. I'm not saying that Germany isn't strong,but you could write at least Russian B squad.
    No matter whether we lose or win, no matter what squad, our girls are the best in the world.
    RUSSIA FOREVER!!!
    By the way, congrats to serbian and german fans, they played very well especially in sets when they won 25:11 and 25:13.
    P.S. I'm not aggrieved at all, everything is ok, those are just my thoughts. :wink2:

hi nick, take it easily----this is not sth big, russia is playing in hope of finding new talents like artamonova, sokolova and gamova and godina

one victory is enough, by which i mean the gold medal in 2008---caprara is a great coach

nobody will ever take that russia is a team that could be ignored
    take my words, the loss is not a big news just let it pass
    the most important match is in world cup
    so, lets wait for the best performence from the russian team 8)

• Quote from "Nick"

Hey guys, I understand that you all feel real good when Russia loses and so on, but don't forget that it's not our main team and everybody knows that our sub players no matter if they young or not (even Safronova who is in team for so long) are not talented like in other countries and after OG 2008 our team will go down in rankings and won't be such force, so wait for only 1 year. Caprara before Motreux said that if we win 1 game it'll be a success.
    RUSSIA FOREVER!!!

:roll: this news about russia losing to a strong german team were true and i dont see the point of writing russia's b team. Everybody who follows volleyball, knows that russia is practising and as colossus said trying to find new talents. If somebody doesnt know that and thinks that germany is sooo strong to win over the worldchampion, doesnt know much about volleyball right now.
    Dont think that everyone's against russia, im truelly not, cos im russian myself but we gotta appreciate the good play of germany too. Only cos russia is playing with a C-Team it doesnt mean that germany sucked.... these are my thoughts :wink2:

• Hi colossus, everything you wrote is correct. I think the same way like you. Of course our aims are ECH and WC.
    About best performance... I think this year it'll be more difficult for us to show such performance like during WCH. We'll see.

Nastja, you have a point also. i wrote that I'm not aggrieved or smth and I don't think that everyone's againt Russia and I never meant that Germany sucked and so on, disputes are pointless here :wink2:. However, thanks for your reply.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• [look, serbia beat germany 3-0, 25-16, 25-15, 25-21

gee, this is real strong, even holland need a 5 sets to finish germany off
    consider the fact that spasojevic and citakovic are not in the team, only nokolic and djerisilo, the former gets 17 points, latter with 16 points

very likely serbia ranks no 2 in the pool and takes on china in the semi final- 8) ---oh, how much i long for this match since 2006---cos cuba lost 2-3 to turkey with ruiz and rosir in the bench sometimesl

holland will take on russia but very likely holand will be rank no 1 in the pool cos holland just need 2 sets to do that :lol:

in the semi final cuba will take on holland again
    damn i know it 8) , cuba and holland fought two tie breakers in china and it will repeat all over again---but this time, really not sure who will win lo 8)