European Championships 2007

• Quote from "Nick"

Totally agree, Belgium couldn't prepare for EC. I can add that 2 star hotels for teams...it'smth new. Girls like Gamova, Merkulova had to sleep on beds with length of 180cm :shock: and rooms where only one person can move because rooms were tiny. And many small moment, I don't want to count them, but only one thing really shoked me. In match Russia - Azerbaijan as we all know Elena Parkhomenko was injuried. So, nobody of organizers cared about this situation. While timeout I heard how Garaev asked his assistant to learn how much money would it cost to ride her to the hospital and to find somebody who would do it, man, it's first time I see such situation...
    System is indeed awful, I agree with you at 100%.

I'm shocked, really. Almost wordless.
    I already got pissed in South American Champs of 2005, when Brazilian team stayed in a hotel without food and had to go to the burger king (it was in Bolivia), but this... well, I hope things like that do not repeat in the next tournament... because it's a shame...
    And the stolen bags in ECH were of the turkish team :?

• After bronze medal match Bełcik said:

"He didn't get me on the court
    He is doing everything, to not let me play!
    I felt just like trollop!"

(I hope that my translation is ok :P)

She is saying that about Bonitta of course
    Bonitta made many mistakes...

• WOOOOOOOOOW :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I can't write my joy!!! All I can say is a BIG thanks to our girls: thanks Leo, Tay, Jenny, Mamma Gioli, Manu, Anto, Cardu, Cruz, Sere, Fiore, Marty, Francy and obviously to coach Max Barbo and assistant Bracci and other assistants of the team!!!! Thanks, many many many thanks, thanks!!!

:clap: :good: :dance: :bb: :trophy: :woohoo: :victory:

• Quote from "Nick"

Well, congratulations to Italy and to samba :wink2:

Thanks Nick!!! :wink2:

Ljuba, Katja and Gosha were not in best shape! If I'm not wrong Ljuba had an injury this summer and Katja an operation, right??? It's unusual to see Katja and Gosha not jump serving and Ljuba make so many mistakes. Do you know why Katja and Gosha were not jump serving? Injury???

• Quote from "samba player"

Ljuba, Katja and Gosha were not in best shape! If I'm not wrong Ljuba had an injury this summer and Katja an operation, right??? It's unusual to see Katja and Gosha not jump serving and Ljuba make so many mistakes. Do you know why Katja and Gosha were not jump serving? Injury???

You're welcome).
    Of course they were not in best shape. Grand Prix, qual. tournament for GP08 after injuries were too much for our girls. They were alrady exhausted before final six in China, in a week they were already playing in Ankara, and then two weeks for EC. They couldn't attain their best shape.
    I was afraid of this after Ankara, but it's hard to obtain good conditions in two weeks after such schedule (for injuried Gamova and Sokolova even harder).
    When I saw our team's game I realized that they're not fresh there was heaviness in their game.
    It turned out, that our federation officials spoke about this problem with Caprara before EC, but nothing could be done.
    Sorry, I'm traveling out of the record.
    About serves. It's obvious, Katja's jump serves were not effective and not that powerful plus many mistakes, there was no need for her. Godina also, the same plus she had a slight injury after France or Azerbaijan game.
    Sokolova's bad performance was due to tiredness and bad shape.
    Overall, bad physical conditions played a role in this tournament. Plus... may be many of you guys won't agree with me... but I beg Caprara to change sisters setters, both! :evil: They're not setters...
    (Give us Iza Belcik))) she'll be playing on the court, I promise).

Also, our federation secretary stated today that the result of this EC is unsatisfactory. And he tried to explain the collapse. "One of the reasons is that our team played many matches for a short period of time. But the main thing is players' attitude.They must make more demands to themselves and to work." stated Patkin.

Again, conratulations samba, your country deserved this title, Italy was the best team, beyond all enquiry. I can only applause for the level they showed (losing only two sets in the whole tournament). It's a great result, besides Italy was so close to the title for so many times, being three time silver medalist, at least they met their deserts :)

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

Why Fiorin did not play in the final? :( Only bad performance or some injury?

I really thought that the final would be Russia x Poland, but it seems that I was completely wrong 8)

• Quote from "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY"

After bronze medal match Bełcik said:

"He didn't get me on the court
    He is doing everything, to not let me play!
    I felt just like trollop!"

this is really sad since bełcik is a great setter... just changing the setter for some balls could have confused the opponents.... and sadurek wasnt playing so well...
    but ok, bonitta must have had his reasons :roll:

• poor iza ;(((
    what bonitta did, i even don't know... if girls won he jumped on the court, when they lost he turns back to girls and ironic smile to the camera.
    :?

• Well, I have been watching tv program now. Caprara admitted that he wasn't demanding enough as he should be (like it was last year), he made some mistakes in preparation.
    Also there was a scandalous news. It's about interviews of some italian players. I heard Barazza surname... Kirillova tried to translate, but she was very ethic. Smth like:"It's such a pleasure to see those sky scrapers hanging their hеads down. And they (italian players) can't imagine how such towers can play volleyball."
    Well, it's up to players, each has his own point of view. I think winning WCH title causes hatred and envy.
    May be it'll b a new rivalry if our players take those words serious? I wish no.
    So, samba do you know smth, may be you read interviews or heard smth?
    Although I'm not a fan of all those scandalous things, it's interesting.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Quote from "Nick"

Also there was a scandalous news. It's about interviews of some italian players. I heard Barazza surname... Kirillova tried to translate, but she was very ethic. Smth like:"It's such a pleasure to see those sky scrapers hanging their hеads down. And they (italian players) can't imagine how such towers can play volleyball."

I think the media exagerate! I don't think Barazza said this! Especially her, she is friend with Ljuba! I don't belevieve a word of this, until I see the video you heard!

I think the media exagerate! I don't think Barazza said this! Especially her, she is friend with Ljuba! I don't belevieve a word of this, until I see the video you heard!

I also didn't expect such treatment from italians, I have always been thinking that these teams treat each other in good way. I'll try to record this program tomorrow, but I can record only VHS cassets not DVD :(. It'll be on channel Sport and is called week of sport.

• I know just that the Italian players weren't happy that Russia played with substitutes in the first match for first two sets and than in third set Caprara sent Gamova, Sokolova and Gosha. I know just this.

I you watch interviews in http://www.volleyrosa.net, you can hear no offences to Russian players.

But, I think the media could use some words to create rivalry. As last year with Russia vs Brazil.

Gamova and Tay even kissed and it is unusual to see Gamova kiss other players!!! :wink2:

• I agree, but I heard those words from Kirillova and Alimova, I think they won't lie, what for? I also don't want to believe in this.

• Remember also that in every team there are nice and respectful players and not nice and not respectful players! :wink2:

For example Rosir Calderon of Cuba is always nice and congratulate to other players and teams! We know that Ramirez behave the opposite!

Remember also that in every team there are nice and respectful players and not nice and not respectful players! :wink2:

Ok, name me not respectful players in russian team? I can't name such in Italy team because they have never did or said smth bad toward Russia. At least I haven't noticed such moments. :wink2:

• Quote from "Nick"

Ok, name me not respectful players in russian team? I can't name such in Italy team because they have never did or said smth bad toward Russia. At least I haven't noticed such moments. :wink2:

There are some shouters in Italian and Russian team. :roll: But I don't think that is that bad!

I was talking teams in general (not Russia and Italy in particular)

There are some shouters in Italian and Russian team. :roll: But I don't think that is that bad!
    I was talking teams in general (not Russia and Italy in particular)

Ok, you're also very ethic:) I think there are shouters in every team). Nevetheless, I'll try my best to record that program, may be on DVD also) specially for you).