European Championships 2007

• Is it on Planeta Sport?? I have that channel and I can understand Russian!! So I will be able to understand if the media translated differently!! :roll:

• Quote from "samba player"

Is it on Planeta Sport?? I have that channel and I can understand Russian!! So I will be able to understand if the media translated differently!! :roll:

It's a pity but no, it's only on Sport channel.
    P.S. You can uderstand russian? And you hide that? 8)

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Quote from "Nick"

It's a pity but no, it's only on Sport channel.
    P.S. You can uderstand russian? And you hide that? 8)

I wrote it already in the forum in the locker room section! Yes I study Russian. :wink2:

• Hey, samba... :wink2: It seems that Gottlib (thanks a lot) made job for me. Look to the multimedia EC 2007.
    I have downloaded video, so... it's show time)))

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Thanks Gottlib!!
    I did see it now. First of all, we didn't hear what Barazza effectively has said. So we have to trust Kirillova and Alimova, whose Italian isn't the best. Maybe they misunderstood her words. Maybe she was just joking, because if you say skyskraper to a tall person it isn't an offence in Italian. I don't know in Russian.

I hope they congratulate each other instead (I mean Alimova and Barazza)!!!

P.S.Ljuba is coooool!!! :oops: What a nice smile and eyes she has!!

• Quote from "samba player"

I did see it now. First of all, we didn't hear what Barazza effectively has said. So we have to trust Kirillova and Alimova, whose Italian isn't the best. Maybe they misunderstood her words. Maybe she was just joking, because if you say skyskraper to a tall person it isn't an offence in Italian. I don't know in Russian.

I hope they congratulate each other instead!!!

P.S.Ljuba is coooool!!! :oops: What a nice smile and eyes she has!!

I agree, and my mistake. Those words were said after Grand Prix. It's hard to understand because they don't want a scandal. Of course sky scraper is not offence in russian also. I'll translate tomorrow.)
    Again it's ok with me, under emotions you can say some crap.)

• Quote from "Nick"

I agree, and my mistake. Those words were said after Grand Prix. It's hard to understand because they don't want a scandal. Of course sky scaper is not offence in russian also. I'll translate tomorrow.)
    Again it's ok with me, under emotions you can say some crap.)

That's ok Nick!! :wink2:
    I hope they will remain two respectful teams and that they will continue to give us great volleyball matches!!

I don't want to see again what happened between Cuba vs Brazil and Cuba vs Italy or last year Brazil vs Russia!
    A rivalry is ok, but no offences between players!!!

• up till now i still cant understand why leo is not the best setter :? :?
    in the whole tournment, leo's performance is superb!!! this is the best LEO i ever seen.
    though ognjenovic is a good setter, i think leo is better.
    anyway, one of my fd said that 'championships for the whole team is far more important than personal prize!' :roll:

btw, congrats to GLINKA!!!! and happy birthday to her!!!

• i think belcik is very poor...she cries a lot after the last 2 matches..

i also agree that bonittta is stubborn sometimes..though belcik is not very good, he can at least let her to try when poland is far behind the oppoents(e.g. 10-2X when facing russia) and sadurek is not perform well..

poor belcik!! :cry2:

• Quote from "yingcheng"

i think belcik is very poor...she cries a lot after the last 2 matches..

i also agree that bonittta is stubborn sometimes..though belcik is not very good, he can at least let her to try when poland is far behind the oppoents(e.g. 10-2X when facing russia) and sadurek is not perform well..

poor belcik!! :cry2:

i wouldnt say that belcik is bad. I like her style even and im sure she would have played more with centrals than sadurek did in the last 2 matches. Izabela has more international experience, which would have helped the team for sure....

• This pic speaks by itself: :D

Aguero after kissing Katja, gimme five with Ljuba.
    http://www.volleyball-2007.eu/…remony/pages/qy9u0597.htm

And Glinka and Ljuba hugged, Glinka went to Italian players and congratulated them, Brakocevic and Cardullo joked etc.

It's nice to see that volleyball unites not divides!!!

Sure, they can't be all friends. They are human! But there are some great friendships even between rivalries!!!

Last year was the same! Even if Takeshita was given the controversial MVP, you could see Demir, Calderon and Gosha smiling.

• They all know and respect each other. And who knows, maybe Barazza said something like that in effect of victory (what wasnt meant as offence for sure) and Kirilova misunderstood it in effect of loss. All in all both were in an emotional situation. It would be stupid to make a big story out of it now 8)

• Quote from "Nastja"

They all know and respect each other. And who knows, maybe Barazza said something like that in effect of victory (what wasnt meant as offence for sure) and Kirilova misunderstood it in effect of loss. All in all both were in an emotional situation. It would be stupid to make a big story out of it now 8)

Of course Kirillova misunderstood...)) Of course everything is stupid))
    You have yours point of view I have mine. I prefer to end this story by this post.
    Let everyone be on his or her own mind :wink2: .

• no comment to you nick, (mis-)understand my statement as you want.

Some Impressions on the ECH by the polish players.
    2 years ago she stood with happy tears in her eyes on the highest podium in Zagreb. This time in Luxembourg she cried again, but this time not happy but bitter tears. Milena Rosner didnt expect that the Polish Nationalteam will finish this European Championship without a medal.

Milena Rosner: We are mad, upset, desperate. How could this have happened? But it happened. We have to try to forget it in the following days, weeks. Its history, we have to move ahead now.

Małgorzata Glinka: Maybe its better that we didnt get gold, because we have motivation for working even harder now.
    I would like to get no critics. Now we reached the 4th place and we should be pleased with it.