European Championships 2007

• Quote from "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY"

I'm so suprised, that here aren't Frątczak and Bamber... :(

me too :? what's wrong with natalia?!

• Polish squad for European Championships (14 players)

S: Bełcik, Sadurek, Śliwa
    O: Skowrońska, Podolec
    OH: Glinka, Świeniewicz, Rosner, Mirek, Kaczorowska
    MB: Liktoras, Dziękiewicz, Bednarek
    L: Zenik

• i really like this team and im sure they can perform well. and if the do so then i think that they have chances to defend their title even.
    .... who would have thought this after the devastating year 2006... :wink2:

hehe... true;
    Big thanks for Piccinini, Togut, Lo Bianco, Rinieri and others...

Well, if he has really learned from the mistakes he has done in the Italian team, I think you have a great coach. And I don't mean technical errors, because he was and is one of the greatest coaches in the world, but psychological errors. If you have the opportunity watch Italy vs Cuba from the Olympics and you'll understand what I mean. Or also Russia vs Italy from the WGP06. Matches that went from perfect to catastrophic, because there was no feeling between players and coach.
    Trust me, if he has really learned from his past mistakes, you'll have great chances in all international competitions. And I think that at least for now the Polish girls are happy with him. So maybe he has really changed.

• Quote from "samba player"

(..)because there was no feeling between players and coach.

Yes, but it is one big difference
    Polish players are not Italian players.
    Other contact, communication, other attitude to work.

Yes, but it is one big difference
    Polish players are not Italian players.
    Other contact, communication, other attitude to work.

What do you mean? :?

• Hm... it's difficult to say in other language...
    Maybe Piccinini or Togut hadn't good contact with Bonitta but Poles has got good contact... they can have good contact because everyone is different. Maybe Bonitta made a few mistakes with Italian team, but now he is coach Polish NT and it is other, new story.
    You have got a 'stars' in NT and that 'stars' made the biggest mistake ever.
    I hope you understand me. ;)

Hm... it's difficult to say in other language...
    Maybe Piccinini or Togut hadn't good contact with Bonitta but Poles has got good contact... they can have good contact because everyone is different. Maybe Bonitta made a few mistakes with Italian team, but now he is coach Polish NT and it is other, new story.
    You have got a 'stars' in NT and that 'stars' made the biggest mistake ever.
    I hope you understand me. ;)

I did understand what you wanted to say. The Italians made a big mistake by firing Bonitta, that is for sure. Some players thinks they are divas and they think all is permitted. I'm very disappointed of some players. But he too made a lot of psychological (not technical/tactical) mistakes in his long career in the Italian NT. Did you know why the talented player Mello left volleyball? Bonitta had a hand in that.
    We (Italians) have to thank him for the gold at WCH02 and Montreux04, the silver at two Europeans and at two WGPs, or the 5th place at Olympics. He was very successful and one of the best coaches in the World.
    The problem is that he is sometimes too rude. He lacks psychology. I did hear what he has said to Polish girls in Poland vs Brazil. He said "I didn't take you here for vacations". Psichologically that's not one of the best phrases to say in my opinion. To the Italians he said also worse things such as "you have faces as s&%t!" Well that's not a good thing to say to a woman.

I hope he has learned that he has to have another psychological approch with women teams.

• Mello played in the 2002 WCH. She was a good player.
    In 2003 she had some bad family problems and she asked Bonitta if she can stay at home, but he didn't permit it. This was the first episode. In 2004 she had a penality for 60 days, because she didn't go to a volleyball meeting, because of bad weather conditions. In the same year Bonitta excluded her from the National Team.
    Obviously Bonitta wasn't the only responsible. A big responsablity go also to the Italian federation. I'm sorry for this girl.

And i heard, that he had conflicts with other players, is it true? Smth with Togut...?
    And could you tell what kind of injury had Togut before OG 2004? ;)

Togut had a knee injury before the Olympics.
    As far as I know he had conflicts with Togut, Piccinini and Paggi. In some cases the fault was of Bonitta in other cases of the girls. That is sad because Togut was certainly his volleyball daughter. I don't remember all the causes, but I can check in some italian forums and I'll let you know.
    I remember that he didn't call Gioli at the 2004 Olympics and Piccinini at the 2005 Euros.

I think he had a better relationship with Lo Bianco and Ortolani. Especially Ortolani was his favourite player at the 2005 Euros and she did it really well.

• Quote from "samba player"

The problem is that he is sometimes too rude. He lacks psychology. I did hear what he has said to Polish girls in Poland vs Brazil. He said "I didn't take you here for vacations". Psichologically that's not one of the best phrases to say in my opinion. To the Italians he said also worse things such as "you have faces as s&%t!" Well that's not a good thing to say to a woman.

In sports there is nothing like "too rude"!
    Thats the big difference between east european countries and the western ones...
    Just remember Karpol... He wasnt all too nice either (im talking about oncourt, he was different offcourt) He made the girls cry even, but they respected him. Do you think italians or germans could live with such a coach? NEVER...
    From my own experience i would say that a hard and sometimes unfair coach makes u play better and achieve more goals than one who tries to be not rude... And if you cant get along with such coach then its ur own stupidity not to turn this "negative" energy into positive

We need time to see how well the polish girls will get along with Mr. Bonitta... But i'm sure better than the italian ones :wink2:

poland for ECH Champion 2007 :lol:

• Quote from "Nastja"

In sports there is nothing like "too rude"!
    Thats the big difference between east european countries and the western ones...
    Just remember Karpol... He wasnt all too nice either (im talking about oncourt, he was different offcourt) He made the girls cry even, but they respected him. Do you think italians or germans could live with such a coach? NEVER...
    From my own experience i would say that a hard and sometimes unfair coach makes u play better and achieve more goals than one who tries to be not rude... And if you cant get along with such coach then its ur own stupidity not to turn this "negative" energy into positive

We need time to see how well the polish girls will get along with Mr. Bonitta... But i'm sure better than the italian ones :wink2:

poland for ECH Champion 2007 :lol:

Not only in Italy, or Germany, but here in Brazil it's also like that.
    I think that if they had a "rude" coach they'd play much better. But I also think they wouldn't want. It's too much pressure on the player, but it makes they grow a lot more than the others, to be strong. But to pee on their pants in the decision match :roll:

• I don't have the exact Croatian roster, but I can tell you that Osmokrovic, Poljak and Usic decided to skip this EC. That pretty much does it for Croatia, they have almost no chance of doing something big here. Also there's a problem with Ana Grbac, she may be suspended for refusing to play a match at this year's junior WC. It probably won't happen though, as Croatia only has one setter available (Gligorovic) and they need a back-up so I expect she'll play.

Belgium will play without De Carne and Mouha. A big blow for the hosts.

As for Serbia, if Djerisilo was playing, I'd expect a medal for sure. But without her it will be difficult. Her replacement Brakocevic is very talented, but young and experienced and prone to making a number of errors in a row. Serbian attack is very limited now, I'm not a fan of Nikolic, and Spasojevic has a problem with a number of lingering injuries, and I don't think they'll be able to repeat what they did in Japan. But, one can always hope... :)