European Championships 2007

• Quote from "Matthias"

Joana, do you know why Grbac refused to play in Junior WCH?

I really don't. I don't even know what match it was. It's very difficult to find information on Croatian women's volleyball, on the Internet at least. Few people are interested in it now that Barbara Jelic is gone.

Anyway, Mia Jerkov will not play at the EC as well. Apparently she stopped playing volleyball. :?:

I tried to find out more about Grbac's case and whether she's been suspended, but no luck so far.

• POLAND FOR ECH:

1. Katarzyna Skowrońska (A)
    2. Mariola Zenik (L)
    3. Eleonora Dziękiewicz (MB)
    4. Izabela Bełcik (S)
    6. Anna Podolec (A)
    7. Małgorzata Glinka (R)
    8. Dorota Świeniewicz (R)
    9. Agnieszka Bednarek (MB)
    10. Joanna Mirek (R)
    12. Milena Sadurek (S)
    13. Milena Rosner (R)
    14. Maria Liktoras (MB)

• WOW :shock:
    great roster! i dont see any lousy player or so in this squad. All of them are known for beeing really good!
    but uff its a teamsport and i hope they'll be able to put all their talents together and achieve their goals! :good:

• without surprises but powerful composition ;)

nastja!!! whether i am seeing things or you have chylińska on avatar??!! :P

• Quote from "Youstyna"

nastja!!! whether i am seeing things or you have chylińska on avatar??!! :P

tak tak... to jest chylińska ehehe
    I LOVE HER damn :lol:

excuse me for Offtopic but i had to say it :oops:

• Italy team:

Outside Hitters: Antonella Del Core, Valentina Fiorin, Serena Ortolani, Manuela Secolo.
    Libero: Paola Cardullo, Paola Croce,
    Opposite: Taismaris Aguero
    Middles: Jenny Barazza, Simona Gioli, Martina Guiggi
    Setters: Francesca Ferretti, Eleonora Lo Bianco

Crazy decisions of Barbolini...two liberos, only one opposite and Anzanello not in the team.

• I thought Zé Roberto was already complicated... but Barbolini :shock: :shock: :shock:
    two liberos, Anzanello out, Ferretti in (I like her, but her last championship scared even me), Del Core with Fiorin, Ortolani and Secolo :shock: :shock: :shock:

• Quote from "LothiePG"

I thought Zé Roberto was already complicated... but Barbolini :shock: :shock: :shock:
    two liberos, Anzanello out, Ferretti in (I like her, but her last championship scared even me), Del Core with Fiorin, Ortolani and Secolo :shock: :shock: :shock:

He didn't have other choices!! We have just three opposite: Togut, Aguero and Centoni. Centoni had injury treatment, Togut has some physical problems. So, no possibility of second opposite, because Vitez is still too young and inexpert. Ortolani could play opposite if it is necessary. The second libero was taken to adjust reception and defence and because Cardullo it is not 100% (she had injuries in the last two years). Anzanello was left out, because she has the Champions League and she has to prepare for the World Cup and/or Olympic Qualification tournament. Barazza and Anza are both good. The problems are the spikers, because Picci, Rinieri decided to heal their physical problems (Picci) and rest a little bit (Rinieri).

I've forget to say that Anzanello is doing physical work now to be at maximum in the near future.

• Quote from "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY"

Could you tell my, why Paggi don't play this sezon in Italian NT?

I think she has retired from the NT! But she may return next year, but it isn't sure! Last year she had an injury at WCH06 and couldn't play 100% in Bergamo, so she decided to rest this year.

• Serbian team:

Setters: MAJA OGNJENOVIĆ I MAJA SIMANIĆ.
    Libero: SUZANA ĆEBIĆ.
    Opposites: ANJA SPASOJEVIĆ I JOVANA BRAKOČEVIĆ.
    MBs: VESNA ČITAKOVIĆ – ĐURIŠIĆ, NATAŠA KRSMANOVIĆ I IVANA ISAILOVIĆ.
    OHs: JELENA NIKOLIĆ, BRIŽITKA MOLNAR, JOVANA VESOVIĆ I JASNA MAJSTOROVIĆ.

Same team as in GPQ...the bench players are so much worse than the starters, this can be a problem for them.

• Spasojevic as the opposite hitter. :roll: I doubt we'll see her much on that position but it's equally bad to leave just Brakocevic there. She's SO unstable.
    I'm not too happy with the choice of middle blockers. Citakovic and Krsmanovic are obviously lock-ins (I really think both are world class) but I don't think Isailovic should be there yet. Aleksandra Rankovic and Aleksandra Avramovic would be better options, not to mention Sladjana Eric. I don't know why Eric wasn't selected, she played in Montreux but wasn't called afterwards.

I wonder what happened to Sanja Starovic... She was so promising a few years ago but her career just went nowhere. Had she continued to progress she would have been of great help to this team.

• I really don't understand why Majstorovic and Vesovic are there...I think Spasojevic should play only as OH and Drpa as 2nd Opp, plus Nesovic as back-up OH. Drpa and Nesovic aren't great players yet but if Terzic takes bad substitutes he should at least take young players with good perspectives :roll:

• can you please write what channels will be showing this ECH...

i know russian NTV Sport Online, Sport, and RTR Sport will be showing.. mosly Sport Online..

in Poland only TVP Sport will show the matches (the only polish channel i dont have :( )

in other countries who else will show please ??

• Germany: Weiss, Apitz (setters), Radzuweit, Ssuschke, Furst (middle-blockers), Grun, Bouagaa, Dumler, Beier, Brinker, Kozuch (outside hitters and opposites), Tzscherlich (libero).

Holland: Stealens K., Fledderus (setters), Huurman, Visser I., Wensink, Orsel (middle-blockers), Stealens Ch., Blom, Stam, Flier, Visser S. (outside hitters and opposites), van Tienen (libero)

• Serbian network RTS (TV2) will show serbian NT games:
    thursday: 14:55 Srbija - Slovačka
    saturday: 14:55 Srbija - Holandija
    sunday: 19:55 Srbija - Belgija