European Championships 2007

• :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The best match of the Polish team in this championships (in this year??) Skowrońska's serves were amazing :!:

Liktoras - I love You ! :oops:

• Pool E
    Italy - France 3:1 (24:26 25:17 25:10 25:19) statistics pictures
    Germany - Turkey 3:0 (25:21 25:21 32:30) statistics pictures
    Azerbaijan - Russia 0:3 (23:25 14:25 17:25) statistics pictures
    Russia 1 6 9:0
    Italy 1 6 9:1
    Germany 1 5 6:3
    France 1 4 4:6
    Turkey 1 3 0:9
    Azerbaijan 1 3 0:9

Pool F
    Bulgaria - Netherlands 0:3 (20:25 23:25 19:25) statistics pictures
    Poland - Serbia 3:0 (25:18 25:20 25:14) statistics pictures
    Czech - Belgium 1:3 (16:25 25:18 17:25 21:25) statistics pictures
    Poland 1 6 9:3
    Netherlands 1 5 8:4
    Serbia 1 5 6:7
    Belgium 1 4 6:7
    Czech 1 4 5:8
    Bulgaria 1 3 4:9

• Great game for our team. Much better receiving, very good serve and attacks. Serbia didn't exist in this match. It was a revange for last WC, where Serbia won 3-0.
    And Glinka... Somebody told that she is not in good shape. I'd like every volleyball player be in such a "bad" shape.
    I'm very glad about today's victory but game against Belgium will be difficult tomorrow. Althoug it is not a big team it is ever difficult to play against hosts. Now Czechs know something about it...
    Turkey? I'm really dissapointed about them. I like this team since 2003, but its performance is very weak in this tournament.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Quote from "Konrad"

And Glinka... Somebody told that she is not in good shape. I'd like every volleyball player be in such a "bad" shape.

That was me. :oops: Yeah, so much for her bad shape, unfortunately she had to prove it in this match. :lol:

Serbia has to forget this disaster as soon as possible, it's still all to play for, they can still reach the semis. But, they have a lot of catching up to do, Bulgaria is no slouch.

• Quote from "Konrad"

Great game for our team. Much better receiving, very good serve and attacks. Serbia didn't exist in this match. It was a revange for last WC, where Serbia won 3-0.
    I'm very glad about today's victory but game against Belgium will be difficult tomorrow. Althoug it is not a big team it is ever difficult to play against hosts. Now Czechs know something about it...
    Turkey? I'm really dissapointed about them. I like this team since 2003, but its performance is very weak in this tournament.

konrad, i agree on all u say here....
    and i must add that i love ur new avatar! lena is just awesome and a great player! :D

• Quote from "Nastja"

konrad, i agree on all u say here....
    and i must add that i love ur new avatar! lena is just awesome and a great player! :D

Thanks! And I like my avatar too :D Dziękiewicz is one of the greatest Bonitta's discovery. That's fantastic that there is "a life after Agata Mróz"...

The most important 3:

• Quote from "Konrad"

Thanks! And I like my avatar too :D Dziękiewicz is one of the greatest Bonitta's discovery. That's fantastic that there is "a life after Agata Mróz"...

Why do you say that? The change of position of Skowronska would have done much more damage to the team than Agata's leave. I like Mróz, she and Glinka are my fav in the Polish NT, but I must admit that technically Skowronska had more eficience than her...
    And I must agree, Lena (I simply can't spell her surname :shock:) is a greeeeat discovery :P

• I wrote this about Mróz, because I before I hadn't thought that we will have such a good middle blocker after Mróz's leave. For example Sylwia Pycia was OK but nothing more. Dziękiewicz is much better. And I think you should read her surname like that in English: "Jyenkievitch" :D

The most important 3:

• I'm so sorry for Yelena Parkhomenko! I didn't see what happened, is it her injury bad, or she could play today match?

Too many injuries before and during the ECH! :cry2: I hope they are finished and won't ruin other matches!!

• Hello. I'm "almost" new here, so I just wanted to say HELLO.
    As ar as Dziekiewicz is concerned I did not believe that such a "short" middle can be good enough for NT. I saw her playing for Kalisz and Pila and knew that she was a good blocker, but still, I thought that international competitions with other national teams were too much for her. Now I can only be sorry for such thinking and happy for her to be on a team. But I still prefer Liktoras;)

• Quote from "samba player"

I'm so sorry for Yelena Parkhomenko! I didn't see what happened, is it her injury bad, or she could play today match?

Too many injuries before and during the ECH! :cry2: I hope they are finished and won't ruin other matches!!

Azerisport website writes that the tournament is finished for her. Gottlib posted the match in the Multimedia section so you can see what happened. I haven't seen it either yet, I only know that it's a knee injury.

• Quote from "Matthias"

Azerisport website writes that the tournament is finished for her. Gottlib posted the match in the Multimedia section so you can see what happened. I haven't seen it either yet, I only know that it's a knee injury.

hmm i saw that match and i couldnt really get how she got hurt :?
    she spiked and then landed on her feet again and then she fell to the floor crying etc

in the repetition it wasnt all so clear either, first i thought she twisted her ankle but that wasnt true...

• Quote from "A"

Hello. I'm "almost" new here, so I just wanted to say HELLO.
    As ar as Dziekiewicz is concerned I did not believe that such a "short" middle can be good enough for NT. I saw her playing for Kalisz and Pila and knew that she was a good blocker, but still, I thought that international competitions with other national teams were too much for her. Now I can only be sorry for such thinking and happy for her to be on a team. But I still prefer Liktoras;)

first of all a hello to you, too :D nice that u decided not to stay silent anymore :)
    i guess u werent the only one thinking that Lena is not good enough for the NT BUT she luckily proved those all wrong.
    I think the polish nationalteam gives great chances to the not so outstanding players... and since they all feel equal they can produce their best play... i hope you can understand what i mean....
    and i just think that she really likes the team :)

• I watched Parkhomenko's injury now...Azerisport site writes she has partially torn ligaments in her knee, from the looks of it I expected a complete tear. It can happen if you land just a little unluckily :?
    Anyone saw how Alena Hurkova from BLR got injured in preliminary? I think she has pretty much the same injury.

• Serbia def. Bulgaria 3-1 (20-25 25-16 25-19 30-28 )

Bulgaria had a couple of set points in the 4th set, luckily they didn't take them, because another 5-setter would have been just too much for me. :roll:
    Serbian players were very unhappy with some of the decisions by the referee in that 4th set, they even lost a point because of a yellow card (for the second time at these Championships :roll: ), they were leading 19-16 but let it slip and eventually had to save set points, but it all ended well.

Ivana Isailovic got a chance to play instead of Natasa Krsmanovic and she used it pretty well.

• Harsh words from the Bulgarian coach about his setter Lybka Debarlieva after the match: "Today she showed how volleyball is not supposed to be played."

She wasn't present at the press conference either, as she should have been as the team captain.
    It's true that she wasn't at her best in this match but I don't think it really was necessary to embarrass her in public like that.
    :?

• Quote from "scarpetta"

Germany deserved better. :(
    Weiss made too many mistakes.

Totally agree. Russia showing quite average level of vollyball still hasn't drop a set and today Germany deserved to win at least one set.
    Also, I think tomorrow will be the first match for Russia when the score won't be 3:0. (Neither for Russia, nor for Italy, if the main squads will play of course 'cause this match won't be decisive taking into account that these teams can meet in semi no matter who wins or loses in this match).

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Very good and confident play by Poland. I'm happy, because I remembered the game against Belgium in men's EC... So we are in the semis. Again. That's just great. Tomorrow match against Holland. Dutches need to win. This is they're last chance. But I hope Poles won't give in this game without the fight. It is always better to win every match, even if you don't have to.

The most important 3: