Qualification tournament for the World Grand Prix 2008

• Quote from "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY"

POLAND in WGP 2008!!!!
    Here is article, but in Polish:

I'm very happy about that but I think it's unfair... Rest of teams from Europe will have to play in the Qualification tournament in Ankara... :?

• Poland will play in Ankara. I don't know many teams will qualificate. I know it's really unfair, but we should (Poles) be happy.
    In this article is wrote, that Bonitta can do everything in Ankara and Poland will host ones of the tournaments.

Maybe in 2008 will play 5 teams from Europe and 3 from Asia, because Asia is weak. Only China and Japan...

But look, in Asia hadn't been qualifications, never! (and in 2008 we have got only China and Japan) So maybe 6 countries from Europe...? Really I don't know.

• FIVB news :

2008 FIVB World Grand Prix Finals awarded to Yokohama, Japan

Mr. Jizhong Wei, FIVB First Executive Vice-President, during the press conference after the World Grand Prix Council Meeting
    Ningbo, China, August 25, 2007 - The right of hosting next years FIVB World Grand Prix Finals has been awarded to Japanese city of Yokohama in the FIVB World Grand Prix Council Meeting here on Saturday.
    The FIVB World Grand Prix Council Meeting was held Saturday morning in the Fuchun International Hotel of Beilun. It was decided in the fruitful meeting that the 2008 FIVB World Grand Prix will kick off on June 20th and the Finals will be held in Yokohama, Japan from July 9th to 13th.
    The first weekend of the preliminaries will be played on June 20th to 22nd in Ningbo, China, Kobe of Japan and Poland. The second legs are slated for June 27th-29th in Russia, Italy and Hong Kong, China with the third legs to continue on July 4th-6th in Bangkok of Thailand, Chinese Taipei and Macau, China.
    Seven teams, namely China, Japan, Brazil, the United States, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Poland, have already qualified for the 2008 edition of the World Grand Prix with two more teams from Asia and three more from Europe to be decided through qualification tournaments this September.

• I can't open it! What does it say? Artamonova is going to play?

• Quote from "samba player"

I can't open it! What does it say? Artamonova is going to play?

Yes. There're wide, 22-persons lineups, and on list is ARTAMONOVA, EVGUENIA, y. 1975, 75kg , 191 cm, 315 cm, 306 cm

• I don't think Artamonova will play. The countries have to send a list of 22 players to CEV, so they just add some random names. E.g. in German roster there are 4 players who probably don't even know that their names are on the list :wink2:

• Italy

Setters = Ferretti; Dall'Igna
    Opposite Hitters = Ortolani; Vitez
    Outside Hitters = Del Core; Cicolari; Fiorin
    Middle Blockers = Anzanello; Guiggi; Arrighetti; Crisanti
    Libero = Cardullo

• Guidetti will take 13 players to Turkey, he has not yet decided which one will not play.

Setters: Weiss, Apitz
    Opposites: Grün, Steffen
    OHs: Bouagaa, Dumler, Kozuch, Brinker, Beier
    MBs: Fürst, Ssuschke, Radzuweit
    L: Tzscherlich

• To Turkey will go not best polsih squad. First coach will be Magda Sliwa, second Grzegorz Kosatka. From squad in Final Roung of GP to Turkay will prodably go only: Belcik, Kosmatka, Bednarek, Kaczorowska. At this time we know that Glinka will play there too.

• Luxembourg, August 29, 2007. As a consequence of the FIVB decision that the team of Poland has directly qualified for the World Grand Prix 2008, the CEV was obliged to completely modify the organisation of the European Qualification Tournament in Ankara (TUR) which will run from 3rd until 9th September 2007.

In view of the new situation, the CEV has made every effort to develop a competition formula guaranteeing the sporting code of ethics, taking into account that now only three teams will benefit from the three vacancies for the FIVB World Grand Prix 2008.

The seven participating teams of the European Qualification Tournament will face one another in a single round robin. The teams which have competed at the FIVB World Grand Prix 2007 in China, i.e. Italy and Russia, need to present at least nine players from their team roster in Ningbo in order to assure a high quality of matches. At the end of the seven competition days, the best three ranked teams of the European Qualification Tournament will be qualified for the 2008 World Grand Prix.

As Poland is directly qualified, Italy (European Vice Champion 2005), Russia (World Champion 2006 and European bronze medallist 2005), Serbia (World bronze medallist 2006), Bulgaria, Germany, Azerbaijan, as well as organiser Turkey are the seven teams who will compete for the three places in the FIVB World Grand Prix 2008 during the European Qualification Tournament in Ankara (TUR) from 3rd until 9th September 2007.

Ankara is staging this event for the second time after 2004 when six teams fought for the three free places in the World Grand Prix 2005.

For more information on the European Qualification Tournament for the FIVB World Grand Prix 2008 please view http://www.cev.lu

FIVB World Grand Prix 2008
    European Qualification Tournament

Match Program

Monday, 3 September 2007
    ITA - SRB

TUR - AZE

RUS - BUL

Tuesday, 4 September 2007
    AZE - ITA

GER - RUS

SRB - TUR

Wednesday, 5 September 2007
    BUL - GER

TUR - RUS

AZE - SRB

Thursday, 6 September 2007
    GER - ITA

BUL - AZE

RUS - SRB

Friday, 7 September 2007
    GER - AZE

SRB - BUL

ITA - TUR

Saturday, 8 September 2007
    AZE - RUS

TUR - GER

ITA - BUL

Sunday, 9 September 2007
    SRB - GER

BUL - TUR

RUS - ITA

• Quote from "samba player"

Italy

Setters = Ferretti; Dall'Igna
    Opposite Hitters = Ortolani; Vitez
    Outside Hitters = Del Core; Cicolari; Fiorin
    Middle Blockers = Anzanello; Guiggi; Arrighetti; Crisanti
    Libero = Cardullo

So this roster won't be possible. How will Barbolini change it? :? :?