Qualification tournament for the World Grand Prix 2008

• Quote from "mariuszj1939"

The teams which have competed at the FIVB World Grand Prix 2007 in China, i.e. Italy and Russia, need to present at least nine players from their team roster in Ningbo in order to assure a high quality of matches.

No comment.

• how can they do that?????

why is Poland already qualified???That must be agood reason....

and it will be a shame not having Holland on next GP!!!! :cry2:

But definetly everyone is just thinking of the OG so....maybe next Gp wont be that good.....

• Poland is qualified as they will be organizing one of the tournaments... Holland made a decision earlier not to participate in Qualies to get good rest before ECh... but i guess FIVB will always have a chance to give Holland (2007 Champion) an automatic place in GP 2008 later, if they want.

• thats for sure...
    Holland decided themselves not taking part in this, so.... i dont really care

• If they keep taking these stupid decisions, probably the only good teams left in the next GP will be Brazil and Poland...
    If I were Barbolini I would just give up the tournament... it's SO stupid! And if they want, they can invite any team to be on the next GP... they can alterate the rules all the time! In fact, it's like there aren't rules...

And if Poland is qualified, why isn't Italy??

• You're right Lothie!!! I'll say to Barbolini and Caprara to not go to the tournament! The Polish and Dutch are resting, on the other hand the tired Italians and Russians have to do another 6 matches after a tiring month. And the Europeans are almost there! Some Russians are also injured or healing from medical treatment. They need to REST!!!

Why Poland is qualified, meanwhile Italy, Russia and Netherlands aren't??? Why FIVB is giving privileges to teams? They have already privileged Italy in 2004 and 2006, China in 2007 and Japan a lot of times (WCH06, World Cups and World Grand Champions that are always held in Japan).

I say stop to these privileges to teams!! All teams need to be treated equally!

• Quote from "Matthias"

Money makes the world go round...and it looks like Polish federation has enough of it to enjoy FIVB privileges whereas other European teams don't...

In my point of view, if Polish federation gave money, it basically screams to me that they don't believe in the Polish team...
    I know ECH is close, but if all the teams have to play the qualifiers and have to go to the ECH, Polish team could do it as well...

• Quote from "Matthias"

Money makes the world go round...and it looks like Polish federation has enough of it to enjoy FIVB privileges whereas other European teams don't...

you're in big mistake

Poland is not Japan.

• Here, when Japan couldn't classify for the Final Six, we almost threw a party...

• Quote from "Matthias"

i dont think that this is true... i guess the italian federation has more than the polish....
    the only reason i can accept is that poland is the European champion and got the "wild card" cos of it somehow....

• i think that Acosta want to use Poland, because volley in our country is developing very fast and you can earn money on that, and of course Poland make the best contests and all countries are taking exemplify from Poland...

read what Acosta said after WL 2007 final in Katowice.

• You guys do know FIVB don't you?? They care for nothing but money, for them it doesn't matter who is European/World/Olympic champion, money is what matters. When they give a wild card, why do they give it to the European champion (the OLD European champion who has yet to defend its title) and not the World champion? Sorry but you can forget these arguments, it's all about money in FIVB.

• Quote from "Matthias"

You guys do know FIVB don't you?? They care for nothing but money, for them it doesn't matter who is European/World/Olympic champion, money is what matters. When they give a wild card, why do they give it to the European champion (the OLD European champion who has yet to defend its title) and not the World champion? Sorry but you can forget these arguments, it's all about money in FIVB.

i think WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY gave a good answer, what would explain a lot... ur thesis about money is also present

• Quote from "Matthias"

You guys do know FIVB don't you?? They care for nothing but money, for them it doesn't matter who is European/World/Olympic champion, money is what matters. When they give a wild card, why do they give it to the European champion (the OLD European champion who has yet to defend its title) and not the World champion? Sorry but you can forget these arguments, it's all about money in FIVB.

I agree in parts with you. I think people can't be naive. Volleyball is developing in many countries (Netherlands, Serbia, etc), and Poland is the 2005 champion, not the 2007. But I don't think the whoooole FIVB is all about money. Except for the MVP choice I think that the WCH last year was quite fair, and I hope that the World Cup this year will also be.
    But it's not from today that we know about Japan hosting events and stuff because of their lobby. Why couldn't Poland do that either? And I don't say that because it's Poland, I'd have the same opinion doesn't matter what country was. But it sounds very suspicious to me that one host-team is classified and the others aren't.

• and i have got an impression, that we have got here a little of envy... it's unpleasant say, that Poland bought ticket for WGP 2008. did you be even once at volley match in Poland?
    and now, when CEV changed mode of eliminations and it's all Poland fault, yep?
    sorry friends, i don't agree with you.
    Acosta gave clear reason why Poland will play in WGP 2008.

• Quote from "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY"

Oh yes? Please tell me what he said.

Please don't get me wrong, my problem is not that it's Poland who is directly qualified but in general FIVB's actions. LothiePG you said WCH was quite fair, well of course they can't manipulate everything but I don't think it's very fair that Japan was in a ridiculously easy pool, not to mention the MVP choice.

• Quote from "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY"

and i have got an impression, that we have got here a little of envy... it's unpleasant say, that Poland bought ticket for WGP 2008. did you be even once at volley match in Poland?
    and now, when CEV changed mode of eliminations and it's all Poland fault, yep?
    sorry friends, i don't agree with you.

I'll answer on my point of view: I'm not envying anything, because I don't have what to envy :wink2: I'm giving my opinion based on a non-European point of view... And I don't even really know what are the rules of CEV...
    I have never been in Poland, and I'm not saying they don't organize tournaments well or anything like that. I just think the situation is completely unfair even if money is or isn't involved, as I thought it was unfair to have China classified just for being host-nation while they weren't among the 6... (it left a team with better victory-defeat record out of the finals)
    And also, Polish team will be favored because they won't have to participate in a tournament which the principal european teams will take part... and doesn't matter the 9 players rule, Italy and Russia are also host-countries...
    I wouldn't agree if Netherlands was already classified to the GP just for being champions AFTER the tournament took part, because it would be also favoritism. Anyway, again, just my point of view. As Matthias, I don't have a problem with POLAND, I have a problem with FIVB.
    My team is already classified to the WGP08, so I guess I shouldn't even be defending my opinion so strongly here 8)

Please don't get me wrong, my problem is not that it's Poland who is directly qualified but in general FIVB's actions. LothiePG you said WCH was quite fair, well of course they can't manipulate everything but I don't think it's very fair that Japan was in a ridiculously easy pool, not to mention the MVP choice.

The pool Japan was wasn't fair, but I don't have a problem with that, because the other teams that are in the pool with Japan are also in a 'ridiculously easy pool'.