World Grand Prix 2007 - Results

• Natalia is a newcomer in Brazil's Team. She's an 1.83m tall outside hitter who was the MVP in the 2005 edition of the U-18 World Championship and in this year's U-20 World Championship she was elected MVP, top scorer and best spiker.

The first time she was in Brazil's adult team's roster was in the end of 2005 for the Grand Champions Cup. Last year she was the second top scorer of Brazil's Championship, even being an 18-year old girl. She finished Brazil's Superliga as top ten in attacking, serving and blocking and her impulsion and physical power are amazing.

• some statistics besides the results:
    Best players so far

Best Scorer:
    1 Castro Sheilla 57
    2 Haneef-Park Tayyiba 55
    3 Aguero Taismary 55

Best Spikers:
    1.Ramirez Echevarria Daimi (CUB) 65.85 %
    2. Carcaces Opn Kenia (CUB) 64.44 %
    3. Carrillo de la Paz Nancy (CUB) 64.00 %

Best Blockers:
    1.Alimova Natalia (RUS) 14
    2. Nassedkina Olga (KAZ) 11
    3. Castro Sheilla (BRA) 10

Best Receivers:
    1.Caso Sierra Carmen Rosa (DOM) 72.97
    2. Sano Yuko (JPN) 65.63
    3. Takahashi Miyuki (JPN) 59.42

Best Servers:
    1.Santos Allegne Yanelis (CUB) 9 Aces
    2. Zhou Suhong (CHN) 6 Aces
    3. Godina Elena (RUS) 5 Aces

Best Setters:

1. Wei Qiuyue (CHN)
    2. Takeshita Yoshie (JPN)
    3. Albuquerque Carolina (BRA)
    Lo Bianco Eleonora (ITA)

• two of these 3 best scorers are going to play in turkey in this season
    aguero:telekom
    haneef:eczacıbaşı
    ı can't wait to see these two players playing against each other.

• Quote from "Nastja"

POLAND WON :clap: :clap: :clap:
    wah thats sth i didnt expect ehehe! the happier i am now though :dance:
    3:1 against Italy... not bad girls!

And USA beat Cuba, 3-1, I need to see these matches! :shock:

Also Brazil beat Netherlands, 3-0.

• well, japan just finished too...
    3:0 against Taipei, but thats no surprise at all :wink2:

im still excited bout poland lol... now everythings possible :trophy::lol2:
    hoping for a revenge tomorrow! :bb:

btw, hopefully sb recorded that match! couldnt watch it live :cry2:

• Quote from "Nastja"

POLAND WON :clap: :clap: :clap:
    wah thats sth i didnt expect ehehe! the happier i am now though :dance:
    3:1 against Italy... not bad girls!

I'm soooooooooo happy :lol: :D
    ufff I don't remember when last time they won against a strong team heheh (:

• little update on China's match, which is going on now.
    first set 25:16 for china

Nothing unexpected happens. Many errors by the Dom. Republic and generelly not a nice match to look at.
    China blocks very well and has a good defense, so its pretty hard to score for the Dom. Rep- Team.

second set 25:12

same story in set2...
    its really boring to watch and i guess ill fall asleep every second... :wink2:

• 25-12 in the second set... and third is going the same way... :?

• DOM team has become sooooo poor...losing 16,12,14 against China and last week they lost against Kazakhstan too. Honestly I think it's a pity that teams like Kazakhstan, Taipei and DomRep are in WGP and other teams who could do much better are not...

• Quote from "Matthias"

DOM team has become sooooo poor...losing 16,12,14 against China and last week they lost against Kazakhstan too. Honestly I think it's a pity that teams like Kazakhstan, Taipei and DomRep are in WGP and other teams who could do much better are not...

i was thinking the same...
    Serbia, Germany and Turkey for example.... but ok

• Quote from "Nastja"

i was thinking the same...
    Serbia, Germany and Turkey for example.... but ok

I think the same, but sometimes, on the other hand, how could teams like that get international experience and grow if they never have the chance to face a good team?
    it's boring for us, but I guess they learn a lot while taking part in competitions like this.

• Quote from "Nastja"

Brazil played awful. Receiving, digging and so on... In the 2nd and 3rd set Netherlands manage to lead but in the end of the sets Brazil woke up and finish the game.

Let me tell you if I was in the audience I would ask my money back.

• Brazil Team didn't play well in blocking and defense. And Carol's settings were not very precise. Brazil wasted too much counter-attacks against Netherlands.

On one hand Brazil didn't play well, but on the other hand, I think our Paula and Sheilla are making the difference and being decisive for the team.

In the end of the 4th set, Brazil was losing 22-24 and Paula scored three straight points in counter-attacks and gave Brazil the match point. Then Chaine Staelens missed her attack and Brazil closed the match.

The more I watch the Brazil Team playing, the more I miss Jaqueline. Érika and Sassá are the weak point of the team. Especially when Carol A. is on the net with one of them. They are not receiving well and their attacks are either blocked or defended.

As regards the match between Poland and Italy, I guess the Polish Team has a great advantage. Marco Bonitta knows the Italian Team as the palm of his hand. He knows the Italian Team weaknesses and he's definitely exploiting this. Anyway, congrats to the Polish Girls, they caused a lot of trouble for China and the US Team (that beat both Russia and Cuba) and now they have beaten Italy without much difficulty. If Poland were not in the death group all over the preliminaris of the WGP, I'm sure they would qualify for the final round. Anyway, what matters is their evolution! They're definitely on the right track!

• today we are waiting for the results of these matches:

Cuba vs. Kazachstan (cuba should win easily)
    USA vs. Russia (this match could be really nice...)
    Italy vs. Dom. Republic (I guess Italy should have no problems here)
    China vs Poland (My feeling says that china will win pretty clearly but im hoping for a nice match... cos ill stay awake after my nightshift to watch it lol)
    Brazil vs Chinese Taipei (and again a probably easy victory for the brazilian girls)
    Japan vs. Holland (i hope that Holland will be able to be a hard opponent for Japan... But imo japan should win)

let the 2nd day begin :dance: :bye:

• Poland - China 3:2 (16:25, 21:25, 25:21, 25:16, 15:10)

nastjaaa i'm soooo happpyyyyy :clap: :clap: and you??
    anka podolec with mariolka zenik were mad today;) anka in the attack and mariola in the defence.

wooohhhhoooooo :twisted: