World Grand Prix 2007 - Results

• Quote from "zik013"

so what now, 2007 Champions Netherlands wont play in Grand Prix 2008 ?? as they didnt enter the qualification tournament next week...

Yep, the qualification tournament didn't fit in their olympic preperation schedule :?

• I agree with almost everything Lothie PG said, except for the not-being-humble thing.

When we think of lack of humbleness, one have the impression that the Brazil's Team is impossible to beat and the only reason for losing a match is that Brazil underestimated its opponents.

I don't think that's the case, cause the other teams showed their value and Brazil's players fought for every ball. Maybe the underlying cause for Brazil's lousy performances are the superiority of our opponents, and there's no one to blame.

The exact same thing happens when our men's soccer team loses. It is hard to accept the opponent deserved the victory. It's easier to blame ourselves, so that the opponents triumph is minimized.

I'd like to congratulate the Dutch girls, they played magnificently. I hope they could make it to the OG and to the World Cup. It's a pity they won't play the WGP next year, but that can be a good thing, cause they'll have more time to prepare for the London Olympic Games.

• Ranking:
    1. Netherlands 10 5 0
    2. China 9 4 1
    3. Italy 7 2 3
    4. Russia 7 2 3
    5. Brazil 6 1 4
    6. Poland 6 1 4

Individual awards:
    Best spiker: Taismary Aguero, Italy
    Best blocker: Eleonora Dziekiewicz, Poland
    Best server: Yang Hao, China
    Best libero, Zhang Xian, China
    Best setter: Wei Qiuyue, China
    Best scorer: Taismary Aguero, Italy
    Most Valuable Player: Manon Flier, the Netherlands

• The Dutch girls deserved this title, and I hope they keep the level and be a strong opponent in all competitions. They decided not to try to qualify for the next year GP, but if they achieve their goal (which is to classify for OG) I think it'll be worth for them. Being on the OG is much more valuable than going to GP. And they have a young team, if they keep growing like that, there in 2012 they'll have great chances on the OG.

I think Brazil deserved to lose the games. They played lousily, and all the opponents were better. For me that's pretty clear. But I can't deny that the press, the fans and themselves would put themselves above almost all the teams. Just see: when Brazil started losing the games, the TV channel stopped airing their games, the fans started to blame everyone (players, coach, staff, the other fans), and the players themselves got lost after the defeat to Russia (said on PVT). In several interviews (and on PVT too) the Brazilian players, the coach and the midia itself said that they were favorites of winning Pan Am and Cuba was only mentioned as a possible winner only on the day they won.
    When they first started playing in 2005 they'd celebrate a victory over any team like they won the championship, and if you see a year later, they don't celebrate, because that was like a routine. If you get so used to beat everyone and do not recognize that you had to make efforts to beat them because they're also good, that's when I think they're not humble. Every team has values even if they lose.

• Quote from "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY"

Has anybody some pics from the final and decoration?

On fivb's site they posted some!
    But if someone has other pics, please, post!

• I'm sorry to hear all that about Brazil!
    I think that the most important thing is the mental/psychological condition. Maybe they are not united in this period. Maybe some players had a disagreement with others?
    Look at what happened to Poland last year with the disagreements in the team. This year with the same players and new coach (+Swieniewicz) are completely a different team.

• Quote from "samba player"

Do you remember what I've said 7 days ago? Poland will certainly win against Italy!
    -First, Bonitta knows exactly how will Lo Bianco set, how Guiggi and Barazza attack (they were always blocked). Ortolani and Fiorin were Bonitta's favs (the first at the 2005 Euros and the second at GP 2005), so they just can't play against him. :(
    -Second, the Polish played really well. Congratulations!!!!

Did you see in the time-out, Bonitta was telling all the tricks and weaknesses of Italian players!

After match with Netherlands polish players went to a pub... Maybe that's why they won with Italy... :D 8)

• Quote from "samba player"

I'm sorry to hear all that about Brazil!
    I think that the most important thing is the mental/psychological condition. Maybe they are not united in this period. Maybe some players had a disagreement with others?
    Look at what happened to Poland last year with the disagreements in the team. This year with the same players and new coach (+Swieniewicz) are completely a different team.

I think you're wrong.
    After first match in China, Swiniewicz said, that Bonitta didn't make anything... only said to Polish players that they can beat Italian team. And that once time, it wasn't any tactical preparation.

• Congratulations for Lena Dzękiewicz :!: She was the best blocker of 2007 Grand Prix although this is her first season in national team. I'm very happy !

In my opinion Lena and Milena Sadurek are the greatest "discoveries" of Marco Bonitta.

I think you're wrong.
    After first match in China, Swiniewicz said, that Bonitta didn't make anything... only said to Polish players that they can beat Italian team. And that once time, it wasn't any tactical preparation.

I don't know in the first match, because I didn't watch it, but in the second match I heard Bonitta in the time out explaining tricks. He was especially explaining how Lo Bianco is going to set. If you have the registration you could hear it.
    Ortolani was a Bonitta discovery. He knows exactly how she spikes. Swieniewicz, Zenik and Skowronska even speak italian. It's very easy for Bonitta.

And that is nothing to be ashamed! It's just a small help. On the other hand Barbolini knows Fofao and Walewska, Chiappini knows Skowronska, Aguero, Anzanello..., Guidetti knows Erika, Mammadova and Fiorin.
    It's normal that some coaches have advantages when playing against a team with players that they previously coached.

BTW, wasn't Swieniewicz coached by Barbolini. That should be an advantage too! :wink2:

• Quote from "Piotrek"

After match with Netherlands polish players went to a pub... Maybe that's why they won with Italy... :D 8)

:lol: That's funny!

So, say everything clear... Poles was much better today :)

Yes! :wink2:

• So sad to hear the news, Brazil loses :cry2: They are out of focus.. :?