World Grand Prix 2007

• I hope Italy (first team that I cheer) or Poland (second team that I cheer), but I think it will be again Brazil or Russia. So I vote for Brazil.

• Really tough question...first of all I did not expect AT ALL to see four European teams in Final Round, especially not after the first weekend. Indeed everyone can beat everyone, I voted for Italy because they have the most solid and balanced team. Referees will do everything to prevent Brazil from winning ( :roll: ), Russia and China are too inconsistent, Poland might cause some surprises but I don't think they are already good enough to play five good matches in five days, and finally I think the Dutch team is the weakest of the six.

• I think Brazil will win, no matter how weak their pools were and no matter what the referees might try etc...
    I wonder about china though....

anyway i voted for poland of course :twisted: dont think they will win but just to show how proud i am of them :D just hope they wont loose every match now :shock: :wink2:

• Quote from "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY"

But did you saw what Russian players shown in Japan? 'Masakra' :!: Russians aren't in good condition. Maybe for ECH.

I know, but Russia still has the great trio! We'll see what is going to happen! You never know what could happen in women volleyball!! It will be an exciting final six!!

• Quote from "Nastja"

just hope they wont loose every match now :shock: :wink2:

You have great chances with Italy, because Bonitta knows all the weaknesses of her former players! :wink2:

• Quote from "samba player"

You have great chances with Italy, because Bonitta knows all the weaknesses of his former players! :wink2:

Its good that poland won against Russia, China and Italy already... So they will be confident against these... The dutch girls hmm i think Poland should have good chances winning this match too.... and brazil? WOULD BE AWESOME :lol:

unfortunatly i wont be able to watch all matches of the polish team, what is a bad omen.... I didnt watch matches in Rzeszow and the lost then i watched all and the won :shock: :lol:

• I guess this final round will be the most balanced of the last few years.

Brazil's Team just finished first cause it played in the easiest pools. I'm sure our girls will find a lot of difficulty to be the Champion this year. The team is lacking a good outside hitter and a good setter. To make things worse both Carol Gattaz and Thaísa have been performing below the critic. I have the impression that the Brazil team is playing worse and worse as time goes by.

I think the Polish Team is the favourite to win this World Grand Prix, they had the opportunity of playing against the majority of the teams that will play the final round and they beat them all. The only thing that can prevent them from winning the World Grand Prix is their anxiety. I'm convinced that if they could control their nerves, no one will be able to beat them.

The Russian Team is very strong physically and Sokolova, Godina and Gamova are almost unstopable. They haven't played together yet, but I think it will happen next match. What can prevent them from playing their best volleyball is Marina Akulova's injury. The team doesn't seem to miss Borodakova, once Alimova is standing out in this competition.

As regards the Italian Team, they can cause trouble to every opponent. Agüero and Lo Bianco are making the difference and their defense is just majestic.

The Chinese Team is always strong, and playing before its fans ill be a major advantage. I guess they will find difficulty in playing against the teams they have played before, but it won't be a surprise if they beat any of the teams they will face.

When it comes to the Dutch Team, I have this feeling they will play well in the final round. They didn't start well, like Poland, but they showed they have evolved a lot. Again, what can be a stumbling block for them is the lack of experience in playing the decisive round of the Grand Prix, but still, they showed they have a lot of potential and can beat any team.

Finally, I'll give my opinion about Brazil's Team. I strongly believe they just finished 1st in the preliminary round because Brazil have played in the weakest pools so far. Four out of the nine matches Brazil played were against Taipei and the Dominican Republic. With all due respect to these teams, one doesn't need much to beat them. Italy caused lots of trouble to Brazil and also the Netherlands. In the second match against the Dutch team, the score was 25-23, 25-23, 26-24 for Brazil. This could perfectly be a victory in straight sets for Netherlands. Fofão, Jaqueline and Walewska are missing and it will be hard for Brazil to beat such good opponents without the Murcian trio. I just hope Brazil's Team could prove me wrong and win this World Grand Prix, but there's little likelihood of such a thing happening.

• This is exactly what I was going to write :shock:
    And also, I voted for Poland, because I really think they can win.

• Quote from "LothiePG"

This is exactly what I was going to write :shock:
    And also, I voted for Poland, because I really think they can win.

uff, i really hope you are right but somehow i have this strange feeling that the final round wont be so bright for the polish girls.... :?

• Quote from "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY"

Bonitta said, that he will terminate after OG 2008 and than he will train men's teams ;( I'm really suprised. :roll:

Maybe he wanted to coach the Polish girls only to show the Italians how much they lost...
    But I think that if Poland classifies and succeed at the OG, he may reconsider his position!

And Nastja, why do you think that? Maybe they don't finish 1st, but I totally believe they can be on the podium!

• Quote from "LothiePG"

And Nastja, why do you think that? Maybe they don't finish 1st, but I totally believe they can be on the podium!

uff i dont know... its just so unbelievable how the played so far... After the last year im pretty traumatized :lol: so, i hope soooo much they'll be able to win at least one or two matches :roll: :wink2:
    I really want them to win against Brazil uff.... Just Brazil and i would be happy 8)

and about bonitta.... If poland continues to have success i dont think he will quit after the OG... he says that now to increase his sallary after the contract finishes :lol:

• Quote from "samba player"

You have great chances with Italy, because Bonitta knows all the weaknesses of her former players! :wink2:

Before first match against Italy in World Grand Prix, Bonitta said girls that they know how won with this team and didn't make any tactical dismissal.

• Quote from "bobaas"

Before first match against Italy in World Grand Prix, Bonitta said girls that they know how won with this team and didn't make any tactical dismissal.

Yes, tt was really strange for me... i don't know what to think about it.
    I think he should say some words. But from the other side of the coin I understand him.

• i hope that brazil win, but without fofao is more dificult. she is unbelieved!!. so, i think that italy with aguero is strong team. I think that italy win this year.