Brazil's Roster for the South American Championship

• Today Brazil's federatiom released the women's team roster for the South American Championship that will be held in Chile.

Setters: Fabíola (Minas Tênis Clube) and Fofão (Murcia)
    Opposites: Joycinha (E. C. Pinheiros) and Sheilla (Scavolini Pesaro)
    Outside hitters: Jaqueline (Murcia), Natália (Finasa/Osaco), Paula (Finasa/Osasco) and Sassá (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro)
    Middle-blockers: Carol Gattaz (Monteschiavo Jesi), Fabiana (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro), Thaísa (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro) and Walewska (Murcia)
    Libero: Fabi (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro)

• I don't understand why he called 4 middle blockers!
    And Fabiola is IN :shock: :shock: :D :D :D

• Quote from "Celso"

Today Brazil's federatiom released the women's team roster for the South American Championship that will be held in Chile.

Outside hitters: Jaqueline (Murcia), Natália (Finasa/Osaco), Paula (Finasa/Osasco) and Sassá (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro)
    Middle-blockers: Carol Gattaz (Monteschiavo Jesi), Fabiana (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro), Thaísa (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro) and Walewska (Murcia)

Fabi is in... :evil: I cheer for the Arlene Xavier....I wish her olympic performance (and medal) in Beijing.

• Quote from "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY"

interesting.
    no Renata, Mari and Caroline...

and Erika....

• Quote from "pol"

and Erika....

Mari will be out of the team probably until next year... Renata is basically out... Erika was disputing her place with Sassá...
    But the only surprise was that he prefered Fabíola over Carolina... Caroline (the middle blocker) is in.

I think Zé should give a chance for Michelle, a young libero, to go the national team. Arlene probably won't go anymore (she's 38 or near that) and he needs new faces...

• Quote from "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY"

right!

i think that Guimaraes want to change smth after lost WGP 2007. why Mari won't play in NT? is it true about conflict between players and Mari?

Zé Roberto said she won't play due to "technical problems", but no one bought it... actually Mari didn't fight with the players, but there were problems in the NT (internal things) and Zé thought it was better to take her off to "put order" :bb:

But he's not changing anything, the team is basically the same, with the exception of the 2nd opp, and the 2nd setter. But I think it's just a test (the changes).

• Quote from "Celso"

Today Brazil's federatiom released the women's team roster for the South American Championship that will be held in Chile.

it seems ze is really trying to push all the best into the NT since he lost the title in gp

i wonder if the natalia is the same brilliant natalia in the youth team that won the MVP this year?
    if that is THE natalia, that will be amazing to see her play :idea:

• For me the most impacting changes are the return of Jaqueline and the coming of Natália.

Despite being an 18-year-old player, Natália played among adults in the last edition of the Brazilian League and she finished 2nd top scorer as well as top-10 in blocking, serving and attacking.

The thing about Natália I like the best is that she's like Paula Pequeno, even without a good reception and a good set, she can score a point. If she were in Érika or Sassá's place in this WGP, the team would have played better cause the balls distribution would be more balanced among Paula, Sheilla and Natália.

People here says her style of playing is like Ana Moser's. I don't think there's any resemblance among their styles. Anyway, if she could perform in the adult's NT the same way she played the last Superliga and the Jr. WCH, she can be among the starting-six in the World Cup. She's as versatile as Mari, cause she also can play as an opposite. But Brazil is lacking good outside hitters, so there's little likelihood of her playing as an opposite.

Jaqueline is essential to Brazil's team, cause she's one of the best receivers of the team and she's also good in attacking, her presence is of paramount importance in the team so that Brazil's attacks can be more varied and quicker.

The only two changes this roster needs to be perfect is Mari in Sassá's place and Carol Albuquerque in Fabiola's place. As regards the attackers, there's no room for midgets in Brazil's team: Érika is out, now it's Sassá's turn! (I hope Fofão and Fabi don't take offense with that!)

• Quote from "Celso"

The only two changes this roster needs to be perfect is Mari in Sassá's place and Carol Albuquerque in Fabiola's place. As regards the attackers, there's no room for midgets in Brazil's team: Érika is out, now it's Sassá's turn! (I hope Fofão and Fabi don't take offense with that!)

Do you really like Carolina?
    I think she's ok, but nothing more than that :wink2:

• I like her, Lothie.

I think she's a good setter and if she had been given more chances of playing difficult matches, she would improve even more. The thing is our coach doesn't trust her. She plays the matches in Asia, the competitions our stars don't want to play and then Fofão comes back as the setter that makes the difference. If Carol don't play... she won't improve! Even Fofão took a while to show how good she was when Fernanda retired from Brazil's Team in 1998.

I think she's one of the best servers of the team and the problem with the team is basically reception, not Carol's performance in setting. Our lousy reception left her without a choice in the WGP and besides, there were only 3 players capable of scoring points in attack: Fabiana, Paula and Sheilla, with a bad reception, only Sheilla and Paula.

She's rather tall for a setter, she serves well and she also has a good attack. But Zé Roberto doesn't take advantage of her qualities.

• The Brazilians has numerous players who are very talented its impossible to put them in the NT

After Fofao retires, I hope the setters will be Fabiola & Ana Tiemi. Ana Tiemi is pretty tall for a setter. Fabiola, Ana Tiemi & Fernandinha.

For opposite attackers, I'd like it to be Sheilla/Mari.. those two are unstoppable

For libero, its either Fabi or Veridiana Fonseca

I'm already content with Brazil's 4 Middle blockers: Walewska, Thaisa, Caroline, Fabiana. I have a feeling that once Walewska retires, it will be Fabiana, Caroline, Thaisa & Maria Lourdes (of Junior Team).. thats one tall group of players.

Jaqueline, Paula, Natalia for outside hitters. They could also add in Regiane Bidias