European Olympic Qualification

• European Olympic Qualification

15.01. - 20.01.2008 in Halle/Germany
    Host Germany and 7 other teams will fight for one ticket to the Olympic Games in Beijing.

to order tickets please go here

Use this topic to share news on the participating teams etc.

• Worldchampion Russia to participate in the European Qualification in Halle/Germany.

Volleyball fans will be happy to see the world's best female Nationalteam in Halle on 15.-20. Januar 2008, the DVV-Team (German Nationalteam) shouldnt be all too amused now.
    Worldchampion Russia will definitely participate in the European Qualification tournament, because they won "just" the Bronze Medal at the ECH, which automatically means that they didnt qualify for the WC (the WC is the first chance to qualify for the OG).
    And since the Fivb gave surprisingly a wildcard to poland the russian nationalteam is a potential opponent of the german team.

German Coach G. Guidetti: "The tournament in january will be a hard one. And with russia it becomes even tougher. Actually we lost just to 2 teams this summer: Italy and Russia. But we shouldnt pay attention just to Russia, the other teams will be strong too. But we arent afraid and we will be well-prepared."

Most probably this tournament will be the only chance for the german players to qualify for the OG, that means that only a title against the other 7 teams will guarantee a participation in the Olympic Games. But in the last 3 editions of the european qualification tournament the german team always managed this task.

translated from the site: http://www.volleyball-verband.de

• ı hope turkey can become in german.coz the shocked result in last e.c. is awful.and we will play pre-elimination matches :cry2:

• Prequalification tournaments

Netherlands - Eindhoven:
    Netherlands, Czech, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, Hungary

Bulgaria - Gabrovo:
    Belgium, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Belarus, Romania

Turkey - Ankara:
    France, Turkey, Croatia, Spain, Austria

• Quote from "mariuszj1939"

my fav. (all hosts) :
    - Netherlands
    - Turkey
    - Bulgaria (most difficult tournament - 3 equal teams)

Thank you for considering us as a favourite. We are young team and we are far away from the best, but we have a great coach and we will win this tournament

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Bulgaria is my favourite too, because they are hosts and they don't have real opponents. Maybe Belgium...but I think Bulgaria - which I don't like at all(AFROMAN :wink2: ) - will win.
    In the tournament in Ankara, I would bet on France. I think this team is in better shape than Turkey.
    And in the first The Netherlands is a clear favourite for me.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Quote from "Konrad"

Bulgaria is my favourite too, because they are hosts and they don't have real opponents. Maybe Belgium...but I think Bulgaria - which I don't like at all(AFROMAN :wink2: ) - will win.
    In the tournament in Ankara, I would bet on France. I think this team is in better shape than Turkey.

Even we are living in the same city I cannot agree :
    1/ Belgium and Slovakia are quite on the same level as Bulgaria but host team should win
    2/ Turkey at home is min 50 % better comperting outside competitions - see ECH 2003 , l2008 WGP qual. and WGP qual. few years ago !
    France - I don't believe they are enough good having Turkish fans everywhere :shock:

• And Russia???????
    Wont participate this tournament??????Because I didnt saw Russia's name in any group....and since they didnt get the qualification to the World Cup....how they are gonna qualify to the olimpic games????

• Quote from "Konrad"

Bulgaria is my favourite too, because they are hosts and they don't have real opponents. Maybe Belgium...but I think Bulgaria - which I don't like at all(AFROMAN :wink2: ) - will win.

I really don't think that France will win this tournament. Salinas, Ravva and Kociniewski have stop the national team after the EC. The team is young and promising but they will miss experienced players. There are still players like Lozancic, Rybazcewski, Shleck and Querard but it will difficult without an experienced setter.

• Quote from "Justyna"

3rd team on EC (in men's and women's volley) is qualified for Qualification Tournament automaticly. Thats why Russia doesn't play in Prequalification Tournament.

:roll: ....now everything makes sence!!!!eheheh

Thanks Justyna!

• Quote from "mariuszj1939"

Even we are living in the same city I cannot agree :
    1/ Belgium and Slovakia are quite on the same level as Bulgaria but host team should win
    2/ Turkey at home is min 50 % better comperting outside competitions - see ECH 2003 , l2008 WGP qual. and WGP qual. few years ago !
    France - I don't believe they are enough good having Turkish fans everywhere :shock:

1/ Yes, I wrote about Belgium.Maybe Bulgaria isn't better, but I wouldn't be surprised if they win.
    2/ Of course we don't have to have the same opinion , althought we live in the same city :)

The most important 3:

• Quote from "Jo11"

I really don't think that France will win this tournament. Salinas, Ravva and Kociniewski have stop the national team after the EC. The team is young and promising but they will miss experienced players. There are still players like Lozancic, Rybazcewski, Shleck and Querard but it will difficult without an experienced setter.

I didn't know that. It changes my opinion. Now I suppose that Turkey will be the winner.

The most important 3:

• Hm, just wait for some years, and if Dragan Neshic continues to be our women head coach, after a few years you will not be able to recognize our team, we will be in the top teams, just like the men team. Now we are making this team, but I think we really have chance to win the pre-qualification tournament and we'll do it. :)

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

Hm, just wait for some years, and if Dragan Neshic continues to be our women head coach, after a few years you will not be able to recognize our team, we will be in the top teams, just like the men team. Now we are making this team, but I think we really have chance to win the pre-qualification tournament and we'll do it. :)

I agree with you AFROMAN!!

For the future, we have to pay attention to 1.Bulgaria; 2.Croatia; 3.Czech Republic.
    They are young teams, but their players are playing abroad, in the best european Leagues!!! If they improve, they can be new surprises. Serbia two years ago (or even last year in summer) was not good. Many errors, simple game... But in october 2006 (Alassio tournament) they exploded, being the great surprise at Worlds (bronze medal! This year they aren't an underdog anymore (silver medal at Euros). Their game has improved very much in just two years, and the players are the same (Spasojevic, Nikolic, Djerisilo, Citakovic, Ognjenovic).
    So, I won't be surprised if Bulgaria, Croatia and Czech Republic are going to explode next year or in the next two years.

• Quote from "samba player"

I agree with you AFROMAN!!

For the future, we have to pay attention to 1.Bulgaria; 2.Croatia; 3.Czech Republic.
    They are young teams, but their players are playing abroad, in the best european Leagues!!! If they improve, they can be new surprises. Serbia two years ago (or even last year in summer) was not good. Many errors, simple game... But in october 2006 (Alassio tournament) they exploded, being the great surprise at Worlds (bronze medal! This year they aren't an underdog anymore (silver medal at Euros). Their game has improved very much in just two years, and the players are the same (Spasojevic, Nikolic, Djerisilo, Citakovic, Ognjenovic).
    So, I won't be surprised if Bulgaria, Croatia and Czech Republic are going to explode next year or in the next two years.

I hope your prediction com true, at least for Bulgaria. :)