4-6 lJuly 2008

Group G (Bangkok, Thailand)
    Cuba, Korea, Germany, Thailand

Group H (Hsinchuang City, Taiwan)
    Italy, USA, Turkey, Poland

Group I (Macau)
    China, Brazil, Japan, Dominican Rep.

Final World Grand Prix 2008 in Japan 9-13 July

• Not bad draw for Poland, I think. We don't have to play Brazil and China (verys trong teams and China will be just befor OG) and Japan in their homeland, which is really annoying. Not bad. 8)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Matches of Group D in Hong Kong will be really exciting! The pool is so strong: three top teams including China, Italy and Cuba plus Japan which is not weak at all! It's great that we, Hong Kong people, will be able to watch such terrific matches live!

• Group F (Hong Kong, China)
    Italy, China, Japan, Cuba

wow!!! i like this group! :drink:

the only bad thing is i can't see poland in WGP...

group H in taiwan are great too! but i may probably go to macau coz itz very near..

• wow!!! i like this group! :drink:

the only bad thing is i can't see poland in WGP...

group H in taiwan are great too! but i may probably go to macau coz itz very near..

italia comes to hong kong again...wooo....heheee
    and brasil will go to play in macau, that's not bad....

• I think facing Cuba, Italy and the US is just as difficult or even more difficult than facing Brazil and China. Anyway, Poland plays much better against Italy than against Brazil and China.

If all the teams have their main players... this WGP will be a preview of the OG. The only missing team will be Russia.

• I think facing Cuba, Italy and the US is just as difficult or even more difficult than facing Brazil and China. Anyway, Poland plays much better against Italy than against Brazil and China.

If all the teams have their main players... this WGP will be a preview of the OG. The only missing team will be Russia.

More or less... Because even if the main players are there, it is not the same thing.

• Of course it's not... it's another competition, held in a different place, with a different formula. As for the teams, I don't think all of them will change the way they play very drastically. There's a less-than-a-month gap between the WGP and the OG and I can't see how a team can change its style of playing in such a short time unless it hides its game.

• Neither changing nor hiding the game, but simply SAVING their physical strenght/condition. If Russia was there, I am sure the girls wouldn't give it 100%. Sokolova and Godina - and to a less extent Gamova - aren't 20 years old anymore.

• The group in hk is what I have been hoping for the last few years, since I really want to watch japan and cuba playing in hk, as I can go and watch them playing live!

hope the tickets are going to be out soon! Have anyone actually tried to ask for photos with the players when they were in hk, because it always seem like we don't get to see the other teams except china

• hope the tickets are going to be out soon! Have anyone actually tried to ask for photos with the players when they were in hk, because it always seem like we don't get to see the other teams except china

why not?? they are nice and most of them knows some english, you can communicate with them easily.

and i can tell you that you can see other teams even more often than china team..since the team rules in china NT is quite 'strict', the coach doesn't like the team players spend too much time with fans and shopping, he thinks that will affect their training and competitive mood. but i can't see such rules in other teams. :whistle:(maybe japan NT has similar rules too, i dunno)

• I hope Japan and Cuba don't have that rule, but even the japanese knows english well enough? because I always have the impression that they aren't that good in english
    so want to see them in person and able to take photos with them
    btw yingcheng, do you know which tv broadcast station will broadcast the matches for the hk leg??sure it would not be cable tv

• I hope Japan and Cuba don't have that rule, but even the japanese knows english well enough? because I always have the impression that they aren't that good in english
    so want to see them in person and able to take photos with them
    btw yingcheng, do you know which tv broadcast station will broadcast the matches for the hk leg??sure it would not be cable tv

Brian,
    Past two years, TVB broadcast for hk leg. I think this years TVB also will show those matches.

Besides, I am very disappionted. USA will not come to HK to have match so that I cannot see my idol Logan face to face. :mad:

• 2004, I didn't go to watch ar :mad: Actually I start to watch volleyball from 2004 WGP. From that time, I like Tom very much.

Did u chat or take photo with Tom? Is she nice or are other USA players nice?

TVB

good that I can watch it withour installing new things

DId you go to the 2004 one? Because I met the US players there that time

• I'm really excited about the GP this year, because I'm finally going to see the US team in Wroclaw!!! That is if eveerything goes according to plan :)

• I'm really excited about the GP this year, because I'm finally going to see the US team in Wroclaw!!! That is if eveerything goes according to plan :)

Ania,

so admire u can see USA team especially Loagn and coach Jenny.

• I really do like the American team and I'm so excited that they'll be playing so close to me here in Poland! :) Of course I will be cheering for our girls, but I like the American girls as well :) BTW, is Stacy Sykora ever coming back??? I love this girl!

• Unfortunately I couldn't make it to Rzeszow, as it is pretty far from Poznan. Wroclaw, however, is a lot closer, so there is no way I'm gonna miss it this time :D