World Grand Prix 2008

• I hope that Glinka, Liktoras, Rosner and Skowrońska won't play in GP 2008. They are very tired especially Skowrońska, because in fact she plays in National Team and league without a break since 2003...Liktoras plays very long as well and she still have health problems.
    Glinka usually don't play in GP - she played only once(GP 2006) and then she provisionally retired from National Team :P So...GP isn't tournament for Glinka :)

• I think Brazil. They are the only ones who care about this GP in Olympic Year anyway.

Well, Russkii, I think you are oversimplifying the matter. In 2000, the Cuban team won both in the World Grand Prix and the Olympic Games. The OG title was conquered after a glorious come-back victory over the Russian Team, which also lost the WGP final match to Cuba. I don't think the Russian Team didn't care about that WGP in 2000. Luckily, this year our best players will be practising for the OG rather than playing the WGP.

Hey Lothie PG, I think I heard something about it also... but If I'm not mistaken, this 9 players FIVB demands to be in this year roster are not those who played the World Cup, but those who played last year's WGP and I also think these 9 players can be picked up out of the 18-player roster for last year's WGP.

I read and interview with Zé Roberto, and he told the A team: Jaqueline, Paula, Sheilla, Fofão, Walewska, Fabiana and Fabi won't take part in the WGP. He wants them to be preparing for the OG in Brazil. He intends to make up his mind about the other players in the WGP, which I think is the wiser thing to do.

• Yeah!!!!I also heard that Zé Roberto will take a mixed team....and that he will use that to see the last names of the team that is going to the OG....well...probably will take FAbiola and Dani Lins as setter....Gattaz...Thaisa as middles...this things....after all there is not much time for doubts anymore...hehehehe...at least it shouldn't be!!!!
    The big question is....is he going to take Mari??????

Another thing....does anyone knows where is going to be the placed the second fase of the group of Brasil??????CAuse I had heard something about maybe beeing in Rio!!!!II think it would be good for the GP to move a little bit...and not only beeing at Asia....well...I know sometimes once in a while has some groups in Europe...but the most part is alwyas or Japan...or China....is really anoing!!!!hehehehehehe

I also heard that Brasil will make a riendly game here in Brasil just before the OG....and that Zé has already a list of possible teams...but he didn't tell yet....anyone knows if any of this is true!!!!I think it would be good.....hehehe....

• If this leg of the WGP takes place in Rio, it will be just awesome. I think it's not impossible for that to happen, cause in 1995, Brazil and the USA hosted pools in the preliminary round of the Grand Prix .

• I also heard that Brasil will make a riendly game here in Brasil just before the OG....and that Zé has already a list of possible teams...but he didn't tell yet....anyone knows if any of this is true!!!!I think it would be good.....hehehe....

I hope they do some GOOD friendly games, because last year, the friendly games with Serbia were disappointing (quality matters, I mean)...

Celso, thanks for clarifying :)
    Even if I hate GP, I think it's a good chance to see how the team behaves together. Not that winning it is important, but it is a great chance to correct some things. Also is good to choose the other ones, even if I'm quite sure there won't be any surprises --- at least not good surprises heheh. Zé Roberto keeps insisting in some things that should be left behind, and at least in my opinion that's why the team keep stuck in the same place. He should have tried new players during 2005-2006, not now that OG is about to start.

While Barbolini, Lang Ping, and others,among the past years have been doing a wonderful job with young/old players, the opposite happened in Brazil. Caprara on the other hand also did a work that at least to me seems like Zé Roberto's, but he has players like Sokolova, Godina and Gamova... which Brazil doesn't have 8)

And about the GP09, I think Rio is going to host a leg, but let's wait and see. I hope they bring a good group... because no one deserves these GP groups that Brazil has been playing on... :whistle:

• Maybe someone will be in June in Alassio? If so, then goodbye :wavy:

Es ist gut, daß uns ein Hoffen gegeben, ein Selbstbetrug dadurch man vergisst, daß unser Gastspiel in diesem Leben eine tragische Komädie ist

• I couldn't find the link to the 2008 edition of the WGP in the FIVB webpage. I think it is nice for Brazil to play against China twice in the first three weeks of the Grand Prix. Germany and Turkey will be also strong opponents, especially if these teams have their main players on court in this competition.

• I couldn't find the link to the 2008 edition of the WGP in the FIVB webpage. I think it is nice for Brazil to play against China twice in the first three weeks of the Grand Prix. Germany and Turkey will be also strong opponents, especially if these teams have their main players on court in this competition.

neslihan demir and natali hanikoğlu will play in grand prix ı guess.
    and our young with experienced players will becoe a great team ı believe we will be champions

• Polish NT for WGP 2008 :

Milena Sadurek-Mikołajczyk, Katarzyna Skorupa, Magdalena Godos, Mariola Zenik, Agata Sawicka, Joanna Kaczor, Gabriela Wojtowicz, Katarzyna Gajgał, Agnieszka Bednarek, Eleonora Dziękiewicz, Berenika Tomsia, Zuzanna Efimienko, Anna Podolec, Milena Rosner, Anna Barańska, Karolina Ciaszkiewicz, Klaudia Kaczorowska, Anna Woźniakowska, Joanna Frąckowiak

Three main players will not participate in WGP :

Małgorzata Glinka-Mogentale, Katarzyna Skowrońska-Dolata, Maria Liktoras