11: MESA Luaces Liana
    12: CALDERON DIAZ Rosir
    13: CASTANEDA Simon Lianne
    14: CARCACES OPON Kenia
    15: SILIE FROMETA Yusidey
    16: CLEGER ABEL ANA Yilian
    17: SILVA FRANCO Yisel
    18: BARROS FERNANDEZ Zoila

• I didn't find all you written about barbolini..sorry!

Here it is:

It doesn’t surprise to know that Head Coach Massimo Barbolini is confident for the Games starting in less than 2 month. “We take the Olympic preparations with the same team as last year. That means without Simona Rinieri and Elisa Togut. The doors has been open long enough for the two girls and now they have to live with the consequences. The team is strong and very motivated to confirm their success. But in defence and serving there is still a margin to progress."

• I totally agree with Barbolini.
    They cant expect to be part of the roster just because their names are Togut and Rinieri. They Olympic Games are awesome for everybody, but its needed to work for it and not just to start working when 3/4 of the preparation is done.

Italy showed last year that they can make it without them, i hope they will show such great volleyball this year again.

• I hope Italy women's volleyball team doesn't suffer from the same syndrom of the men's volleyball team.

• Is there any information about TV translations of this tournament?

• Cuba:

1: RUIZ LUACES Yumilka
    2: SANTOS ALLEGNE Yanelis
    3: CARRILLO DE LA PAZ Nancy
    6: RAMIREZ ECHEVARRIA Daimí
    7: ARREDONDO REYES Lisbet
    9: SANCHEZ PEREZ Rachel
    11: MESA LUACES Liana
    12: CALDERON DIAZ Rosir
    14: CARCACES OPON Kenia
    15: SILIE FROMETA Yusidey
    18: BARROS FERNANDEZ Zoila

And a change in German team, Kathy Radzuweit is replaced by Berit Kauffeldt, and Anne Matthes is our 12th player.

• http://www.sporttv.pt/Modalidades/Voleibol.asp

http://www.myp2p.eu/competitio…t=sports&discipline=other

first one is through the satellite and second is streaming through the net.

On what satellites sport tv is located?

• Montreux will become the first tournament, where we see the new Dutch team, which is not a club anymore. There will be only five players from former Martinus team and many other unknown names. Starting from the very first game, we'll have a possibility to compare effectiveness of the old and new teams. Because in the first day Netherlands plays with Cuba, only in a week after Abu Dhabi final. Of course, degradation is expected, but I think, that Pesaro's libero Elke Wijnhoven can drastically improve the team's defense skill and that can make the difference.

New Oranjedames

1 Kim Staelens (DELA Martinus)
    2 Monique Wismeijer (AMVJ)
    3 Lonneke Slöetjes (Plantina Longa)
    6 Quinta Steenbergen (AMVJ)
    7 Elke Wijnhoven (Scavolini Pesaro)
    8 Alice Blom (DELA Martinus)
    9 Maret Grothues (Plantina Longa)
    12 Manon Flier (DELA Martinus)
    15 Robin de Kruijf (Heutink Pollux)
    16 Debby Stam(DELA Martinus)
    17 Deborah van Daelen (VC Weert)
    18 Susan van den Heuvel (DELA Martinus)

• Italy - Germany 3:2 (25:20, 18:25, 25:20, 18:25, 15:11)

Germany played with junior setters Denise Hanke and Lena Möllers, plus 17 year old OH Saskia Hippe who played the whole match. Italy had Lo Bianco, Gioli, Secolo, Cardullo, Ortolani/Centoni. Italy had big problems in reception, in the end their experience and great performance of Centoni in 5th set decided the match for Italy.

• Cuba beat 3-0 The Netherlands (25-16/25-14/25-21)

I believe that China will destroy to Serbia NT B, because Serbia aren't your principal team.

• In the end China wins 3-2 but it was an extremely impressive effort from the Serbian team. :) They left knowing it was going to be very tough to win any match, but they want to gain experience at a high level, and besides this tournament will be very important for them because it will basically determine which of the youngsters get to go to Beijing, so I'm sure they are all very motivated.

Here are the scorers:

SRBIJA:
    MAJSTOROVIĆ (1), ŠILJKOVIĆ, DURAKOVIĆ, ŽIVKOVIĆ (5), VESOVIĆ (15),
    PETROVIĆ (6), ANTONIJEVIĆ (3), NINKOVIĆ (4), MALAGURSKI (18 ), NEŠOVIĆ
    (18 ), VELJKOVIĆ (9), POPOVIĆ

KINA: VANG (19), FENG (1), JANG (5), LIU (16), VEI (1), SU (5), ŽOU (1), ŽAO (10), SUE (12), LI (10), ŽANG, MA.

Sorry for the spelling of the Chinese names, I copied this from a Serbian website. I hope you manage to make something out of it. :lol:

• The first and last games were entertaining and had some good volleyball. The Cuba v. Netherlands match was almost embarrassing to have in the group. Holland barely showing up just served to distract from how bad Cuba actually was! I like Selinger and his team, but if this is how it is going to be, he should leave now. If they were paying any attention at all they could have made it close, but I guess that would have kept them on the court longer. I appreciated Holland's lefty who came off the bench in the last set - she crushed that first pipe! The next few didn't go as well, but at least she was awake enough to hit them instead of setting them over the net... X(

Cuba hasn't changed much in the last 4 years. Sanchez is better than Gonzalez, but it doesn't matter because their abysmal ball handling will keep them out of the Olympic gold medal game. The setters are better in system and are both improving attackers. Cuba is just out of system so often that anyone paying attention will score points in bunches. Netherlands botched countless chances. I expect that China, Italy and the others won't be so kind.

On the other hand, Germany and Serbia were great fun to watch! I loved their fighting spirit and their willingness to take chances! They forced Italy and China to play at a higher level than either of expected. China was pretty interesting. I missed the 3rd and 4th sets, but Feng had moments of looking like her old self and Hao was great in the fifth set. Zhao seemed to be hard to stop when things were going slow. She didn't seem to move to block well, and was not a factor in counter attack. Hopefully as she gets more games in her those areas will improve.

• Wow! Cuba beat China in their match. It seems that we all have to give more attention to the Cuban team this year especially in the Olympics.

• Cuba defeated Italy yesterday 3-2 and wins this year's tournament with a spotless record. China comes in second and Italy 3rd. :win: