Women Final Four Cup

• The first Women Final Four Cup that will take place among the two best teams of Norceca and the two of South America every year as part of a new program between both confederations. This time, the first three ranked teams of the Pan-American cup - Dominican Republic (gold medal), Brazil (silver medal) and Argentina (bronze medal) and Cuba, who will replace Puerto Rico (fourth at the Pan-American Cup) after they decided not to participate.

• 1 3-SEPT 18:00 CUBA DOMINICANA
    2 3-SEPT 21:00 BRAZIL ARGENTINA
    3 4-SEPT 18:00 ARGENTINA CUBA
    4 4-SEPT 21:00 BRAZIL DOMINICANA
    5 5-SEPT 18:00 ARGENTINA DOMINICANA
    6 5-SEPT 21:00 BRAZIL CUBA
    SEMIFINALS
    7 6-SEPT 15:00 1st. 4to.
    8 6-SEPT 18:00 2do. 3ro
    FINALS
    9 7-SEPT 08:00
    10 7-SEPT 11:00

• Brazil's Team will be the exact same team that played the OG. It will be Fofão's last tournament playing for Brazil's NT.

• The first day:

Dominica Rep. 3-1 Cuba (25/16, 21/25, 26/24, 25/14)
    Dominica Rep : Echenique,Nunez,Cabral+De La Cruz,Vargas+Rondon,Castillo (Marte,Rivera,Rodriguez)
    Cuba : Santos+Silie,Herrera+Carcacés,Sanchez+Silva,Arredondo (Maso,Castañeda,Salas,Palacios,Marsillán)

Brazil 3-0 Agentina (25/19, 25/15, 25/17)
    Brazil : Fofao,Sheilla,Mari+Paula,Walewska+Fabiana,Fabi (Jaqueline,Sassa,Thaisa,Valeskinha,Carol )
    Agentina : Segui,Fernandez,Klug,Boscacci,Flaviani,Leyendeker,Gaido (Bertaina,Rizzo,Castiglione)

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• Yumilka and Zoila not playing anymore for Cuba? or just this tournament?

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Yumilka and Zoila not playing anymore for Cuba? or just this tournament?

Yumika Ruiz has already left the Cuba NT,I don't kown how about Zoila Barros,but the main players are rest after the OG.

Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss

• The second day:

Cuba 3-0 Agentina (25/20, 25/20, 25/20)
    Cuba : Santos+Silie,Herrera+Carcacés,Sanchez+Silva,Arredondo (Maso,Castañeda,Salas,Palacios,Marsillán)
    Agentina : Segui,Fernandez,Klug,Boscacci,Flaviani,Leyendeker,Gaido (Bertaina,Rizzo,Busquets,Pereyra,Castiglione)

Brazil 3-1 Dominica Rep. (15/25, 25/19, 25/22, 25/12)
    Brazil : Fofao,Sheilla,Jaqueline+Paula,Walewska+Fabiana,Fabi (Mari,Sassa,Thaisa,Valeskinha,Carol )
    Dominica Rep : Echenique,Nunez,Cabral+De La Cruz,Vargas+Rondon,Castillo (Marte,Rivera,Rodriguez,Mambru)

Edited once, last by valentine ().

• it's anticlimactic that fofao did not end her career with the olympic win.

brazil has lost the opportunity to train their replacement.

sanchez still plays for cuba? is she not older than ruiz and barros?

• This is the last game that Fofao representing the Brazil NT,after this tournament she'll leave.

Haha,this is not elder sanchez,that Marta Sanchez Salfran is OH,but this Rachel Sanchez Perez is MB...

You haven't watch Cuban games for a long time,have you?

• yeah sanchez is only 20 year old :whistle:

• You may have a point, odin. But the truth is, this Final Four Cup is being regargded by the Brazilian Federation as a comemorative tournament. Our Women's NT rarely have the opportunity of playing in Brazil and, more importantly, such tournament is the opportunity of Fofão ending her career in the NT before the Brazilian fans.

Besides, players like Ana Tiemi, Fabiola and Dani Lins are playing the State Championships with their clubs.

• Brazil's 2nd game:

o 1º http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7026132358043676210
    o 2º http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3802095423655923206
    o 3º http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6791492257994296004
    o 4º http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3875450453979421967

Credits: Lee Looper

"No time for losers 'cause we are the champions" :whistle: :dance6:

BRASIL, Gold in Beijing 2008 Olympic Games!!!! :obey: :dance4:

• 1st match:
    Dominican Rep beats Argentina 3-0
    25/12, 25/19 and 25/17

2nd match:
    Brazil beats Cuba 3-0
    25/18, 25/15 and 25/13

• BRA x ARG
    only the last 2 sets ...
    clearly the girls need vacation and rest .... and that's good...!!! :cheesy:
    you can see what happened when you're not totally focused and with so little training...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1867329969636991974
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7497459729289340682

Credits: Lee Looper

• This is the last game that Fofao representing the Brazil NT,after this tournament she'll leave.

Haha,this is not elder sanchez,that Marta Sanchez Salfran is OH,but this Rachel Sanchez Perez is MB...

You haven't watch Cuban games for a long time,have you?

sorry. my bad. i'm just not keeping track of the team too much. i've watched their olympic and grand prix campaign though.

• Semifinal 1
    Domenican Rep beats Cuba 3-0
    25/17 - 25/16 - 25/20

Now playing in semifinal 2 brazil x argentina ...

Tomorrow the final game will decide the tournament!

• I hadn't heard of this tournament, but... wait... Cuba lost to DR???? :white: :white: :white: :white: :white:
    Probably that's why I hadn't heard of it before :lol: :lol:

Honestly, I don't really see the point of this tournament except to make a performance in front of their public. But I think that an olympic medal or Fofao's retirement are not a good excuses to make this tournament... they could organize events like that whenever they wanted to.