Junior European Championship 2008

• Serbia has a good pair of blockers in Nadja Ninkovic and Natasa Siljkovic. Too bad Siljkovic got injured against France, hopefully she'll recover by the end of this tournament. Tijana Malesevic and Ana Lazarevic are decent OHs and still young, but they struggle with reception. It seems to be a Serbian curse. The problem of this team is a lack of an opposite. Andjelka Pantovic is the only true OPP on this team, but she's never in the starting 6, and the players who are on OPP position are originally middle blockers.

Hanna Lisyeynkova of Ukraine is another player with really good stats so far, Russia may want to keep an eye on her for the future. :roll:

• Serbia has a good pair of blockers in Nadja Ninkovic and Natasa Siljkovic. Too bad Siljkovic got injured against France, hopefully she'll recover by the end of this tournament. Tijana Malesevic and Ana Lazarevic are decent OHs and still young, but they struggle with reception. It seems to be a Serbian curse. The problem of this team is a lack of an opposite. Andjelka Pantovic is the only true OPP on this team, but she's never in the starting 6, and the players who are on OPP position are originally middle blockers.

Hanna Lisyeynkova of Ukraine is another player with really good stats so far, Russia may want to keep an eye on her for the future. :roll:

She is always welcome, if she is really good. :D

• I read a report on the Russia vs Serbia game in our newspapers, according to them the Russian setter Efimova is very good and versatile. We'll see, maybe there's hope. :)

Serbia def. Croatia today 3-0 (25-12, 25-17, 25-12). Nice scoreline, hopefully they'll battle it out with the Poles for the semifinals. But, there's Belgium to overcome first.

This is good news. I hope somebody in the Federation can think of bringing her to the national team and give her the best experience. Maybe putting her in the national team no matter how young she is is better than having Akulova and Sheshenina.

• This is good news. I hope somebody in the Federation can think of bringing her to the national team and give her the best experience. Maybe putting her in the national team no matter how young she is is better than having Akulova and Sheshenina.

There is no doubt. If she is really good, she should even be in the main host.

• The best German player Kira Walkenhorst got injured yesterday in 2nd set after scoring 8 points in 1st set ;( It is a serious knee injury so no doubt that the tournament is over for her. Now we have a big problem because Saskia Hippe is with senior team and none of the other attackers of junior team are strong enough.

• Who is the favorite to win the tournament? I would imageine Poland, Serbia, or Italy is the favorite.

• my favourites are turkey()second place in last youth world championship),italy(last champion) and russia(youth team was 3. in mexico)...
    ı wonder why didn t malagurski and velykoviç play in junior NT? and hippe,too

• POOL A

Turkey - Germany = 3-2 (19-25, 25-17, 25-22, 27-29, 15-11)
    Netherlands - Ukraine = 1-3 (21-25, 25-18, 30-32, 17-25)
    Italy - Czech Republik = 3-1 (23-25, 25-21, 25-22, 25-20)

POOL B

Poland - Russia = 1-3 (17-25, 25-23, 24-26, 24-26)
    Croatia - Serbia = 0-3 (12-25, 17-25, 12-25)
    France - Belgium = 0-3 (16-25, 21-25, 18-25)

• POland - Croatia 3-2 (18-25,25-20,20-25,25-19,15-13) :what:
    ufff it was close to humilation :hit:

it was supposed to be quick and easy match but it turns out to be very close and difficult game. im glad our girls won that one becouse we still have a chance to advance to next round and fight for medals. we "just" have to beat Serbia , and it wont be easy for sure.i will repeat again but Bryda and Tokarsa were great today :) judging from statistic Bryda cover almost whole court in reception .she received 43! times (49%positive and 35% perfect)while our other OH received only 9 times. but the best on court was Polak Patrycja . i said before she has good attack and poor reception. she did not received today mamy times and she score 22 point with 44% in attack and she scored 6 aces :) at last we have generation with great young players :win:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Although it was a tough game,Turkey beat Neatherlands 3-0(28-26,31-29,25,15)

Well done girls!

Turkey will play a match against Italy to decide the first seat of Group I.

I think we can play at least final and also won the championship... :drink:

• ı agree with you,even dilara bilge and büşra cansu are injured,we are still strong enough,ı think we will play in final with russia...

• Serbia def. Poland 3-0, into the semis. :dance6:

congrats to Serbia but i feel sorry for our girls :( they were playing really good here but after match agains Russia i think they loose faith . those 2 matches was really close and we could win both but we didnt. but overall im happy about our results here. we have some great players like Tokarska Bryda WOlosz so im really happy we could put a decent fight here against one of the strongest team in the world like Russia and Serbia and very good teams like France and Belgium :win:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• I would consider Turkey as the hot favourite to win the tournament with their extraordinary setter. On the other hand, their outside hitters are terrible receivers and I feel like this will demolish their chance to make the final. In fact, the quality of the tournament is far from convincing in general and I think reception incapability of outside hitters and even liberos is the main reason for the low level of volleyball. Serve has been the key weapon of the tournament so far. Most of the setters are not able to create something unpredictable or surprising at this level and receivers are not helping them at all.

• there is no doubt that naz must be choosen as MVP and best setter.there as no another player who plays in Senior NT as main player.and is there any player who plays in İECL ? :whistle:

• do you think which teams play in final?
    my predict, turkey-italy :win: