World Grand Prix 2009

• CEV informed today - in 2009 will not be any European qualification to WGP.

All four first teams from ECH 2007 will participate directly :

Italy, Serbia, Russia and Poland

• If you mean qualification for WGP 2009 CEV informed that:
    The competition formula for the FIVB World Grand Prix Qualifications tournament 2008 was confirmed with 6 best-ranked teams of the 2007 European Championships who will play in single round robin to win the 3 FIVB qualification tickets.

• Qualification tournament for WGP 2009 will be played.
    Qualification tournament for WGP 2010 won't be played (best 4 teams of ECH 2009 get qualify)

I still don't understand why they wrote different infos in all media (even in PZPS)

Now I noted so in 2008 will be played qualification tournament to WGP 2009 :

Poland is already qualified , best 6 teams (except Poland) from ECH will play for 3 tickets !

• Didn't FIVB decide a new formula from the 2009WGP? They have said 16 teams will participate instead of 12. So, why still 4 Euro teams and not 6? :mad:

• If you mean qualification for WGP 2009 CEV informed that:
    The competition formula for the FIVB World Grand Prix Qualifications tournament 2008 was confirmed with 6 best-ranked teams of the 2007 European Championships who will play in single round robin to win the 3 FIVB qualification tickets.

that means Russia, Italy, Serbia, Poland, Germany and Netherlands will win 3 places for 09 Grand Prix? Only 3 places for those strong team.......... :mad:

• that means Russia, Italy, Serbia, Poland, Germany and Netherlands will win 3 places for 09 Grand Prix? Only 3 places for those strong team.......... :mad:

Italy, Russia, Serbia, Netherlands, Germany and Belgium will be played in qualification tournament for WGP 2009 (they will play for 3 tickets).
    Poland is already qualified (as a 4th team from Europe).

• Seriously? WGP 09 sounds like a joke... but then, all tournaments played one year after olympic games ARE jokes... :whistle:
    It is impossible to give some credit to championships where the main teams don't play with their main players.

But anyway, it so unfair to give only 4 spots to Europe, if the Gp turns to be a tournament with 16 teams... I wonder how many they'll give to Norceca... :roll:

• Qualification tournament for WGP 2009 will be played.
    Qualification tournament for WGP 2010 won't be played (best 4 teams of ECH 2009 get qualify)

exactly.....the top 4 teams from IECH will qualify to the next year WGP, and the WGP Qualification is about to carry out every other year from this year (2008 )...

Apart from Poland which has auto-qualified, other top 5 teams from IECL 2007, plus a host country, will play a round robin tournament for the only 3 vacancies in WGP 2009 :heart:

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• For me....FIVB is getting more and more confusing with the time!!!!

Serious....I really don't get them.....more spots...and the same number of european teams!!!!!???

Whan they have the opportunity to make the championships stronger and competitive...they just don't take the chance!!! :mad:

• For me....FIVB is getting more and more confusing with the time!!!!

Serious....I really don't get them.....more spots...and the same number of european teams!!!!!???

Whan they have the opportunity to make the championships stronger and competitive...they just don't take the chance!!! :mad:

That's because they would rather fill their pockets.

• long before, i got some news extending the number of participants in WGP, so i wrote to FIVB Competition Dep. asking if they were gonna introduce 4 more vacancies...but i got the reply like, they are not going to change the formula before 2008....

maybe we can look forward to some changes after beijing olympic.....maybe not... :drink:

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I'm sick and tired of seeing this tournament being held in Asia forever. It would be nice if FIVB changed the WGP's formula. If there's not enough time for a 6-week preliminary round, my suggestion for the 3-week preliminary round is dividing the 12 participating teams in 4 pools, which woud have the same teams for all the 3 weeks. Each week, the 4 teams from each pool would face each other in a round-robin tournament, which would be held in a different country. These countries would be chosen based on the FIVB ranking. The top three teams from each pool would have the right of hosting a leg of the preliminary round before its fans.

For me, this new formula would be much better than the current one. Anyway, I have no hopes of seeing this happening.

• That's because they would rather fill their pockets.

Yeah.....thas is the only explaination!!!!!

But is terible for the volleyball!!!!! How amazing it would be if all better teams has the shot of being fighting the same championship!!!!!
    and how good it would be if they make a new formula...like the male league is!!!!!

Really is just like the qorld olimpic quali.....why the male and female are different??? the male tournament...seems much more fair...has much more teams fighting for the spots!!!!

• I'm sick and tired of seeing this tournament being held in Asia forever.

I feel the same...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• FIVB gets money from Asians... also "wants" to promote the sport more there, thats why it is "biased" towards them....

PS.

i have a request for the moderators here....

this is Volleyball forum, and i think that some member's political signatures can be used somewhere in other forums, but not in Volleyball forum. Some members can find these political signatures very abusing, and in some countries these words are even considered as threats to natinal security according to the local constitutions.

Can you please make people realize that politics are not discussed here because it is becoming very abusive.

thanks