World Grand Prix 2009

• I also think it'll be in Rio -- in fact after they basically rebuilt Maracanãzinho, they have to put all the tournaments in there to make the price worth Anyway, it's much better than Ibirapuera (São Paulo) or Mineirinho (Belo Horizonte).

Well, I hope at least that good teams take part in this pool, otherwise it'll be just boring A pool with USA, Poland and Italy would be a dream... if they want to take Brazil off and put Russia or Serbia or Netherlands it would be even better (otherwise I'll have to wait until the EC to see them playing )

AGREE WITH YOU IN EVERY WORD!!!!! :lol:

Italy, Netherland, Serbia and USA/Poland..would be the perfect group!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Come on Ruskii, Russia is a volleyball super power. They will never be a level C team.

If I'm not mistaken Russia is the country in the world with the biggest amount of people practising volleyball. I'm pretty sure that the Russian Stars will be replaced by very good players. It won't be hard to find other tall and talented players in Russia... these new girls will need some international experience, of course, but that won't be a big deal, especially for an European Team.

Just for the sake of curiosity, the u-18 Russia Women's team finished 2nd in the World Championship. Thes girls will have their opportunity as soon as the Russian Stars start to retire.

Yeah, EVENTUALLY we will. But I am sure it will take two, or at least one full year. 2009 we will be everyone's punching bag, I am sure of that. Did you ever see our "team" playing without our three spikers? Sokolova and Godina are retiring, Artamonova is making a comeback for the last time, and Gamova will probably take a rest after the OG - specially if Russia wins gold.

Plus, we don't have new setters coming up, and you know the ones we do have. Then maybe in 2010, with Gamova back, and some new talented players with a good ammount of experience.

In the other hand, take Brazil for instance. You will lose Fofão and that crappy Walewska, but Brazil has a very strong game system - which is more important than they players themselves. As long as you can fit whoever comes up next in the system, it won't change THAT much. Plus, your best spikers have a long time ahead of them.

• It seems you hate Walewska! LOL!

I just don't think such a tragedy will happen to the Russian team in 2009. As a fan of the Russian team you are way harsher to them than the fans of the other teams. I sincerely see what concerns you, but I do not see such a huge problem in Russian Team.

• AGREE WITH YOU IN EVERY WORD!!!!! :lol:

Italy, Netherland, Serbia and USA/Poland..would be the perfect group!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want to see China playing this Brazilian leg too! I think it is better to see them in Brazil than the US Team. I would love to see Brazil, China and other two european teams.

• It seems you hate Walewska! LOL!

I just don't think such a tragedy will happen to the Russian team in 2009. As a fan of the Russian team you are way harsher to them than the fans of the other teams. I sincerely see what concerns you, but I do not see such a huge problem in Russian Team.

I don't hate her. I mean, she messes your own team, not mine. :lol:

• Italy's roster for WGP09 Qual. has been released. It's positive because young players will have a chance to make experience. But I doubt, Italy will qualify. Germany, Netherlands and Serbia will, IMO. ;)

OH = Fiorin, Decordi, Bosetti, Vigano'

OPP = Ortolani, Centoni

MB = Crisanti, Arrighetti, Guiggi, Garzaro

S = Pincerato, Ferretti

L = Croce, Merlo

• I even think that this young team can qualify. I like their MBs and the liberos a lot :D Ortolani and Centoni are also very strong. And the OHs arent that bad either. They just need to form a good team spirit :-)

• Russia's Team:

Setters:Marina Sheshenina e Marina Akulova
    Spikers: Natalia Safronova, Olga Fateeva, Tatiana Kosheleva, Alexandra Pasynkova, Ekaterina Gamova e Natalia Kulikova
    Middles: Yulia Merkulova, Maria Borodakova-Borisenko, Yulia Sedova
    Líberos: Ekaterina Kabeshova e Svetlana Kryuchkova

Serbia's Team:

Setters: Maja Ognjanovic and Ana Antonijevic. (why isn't Simanic there????)

Libero: Suzana Ćebic

Opp: Ivana Đerisilo–Stankovic and Jovana Brakocevic

Middles: Natasa Krsmanovic, Stefana Veljkovic and Aleksandra Petrovic

OH: Jelena Nikolic, Sanja Makagurski, Jovana Vesovic and Brizitka Molnar

• Antonijevic is a very talented young player,I think she and Zivkovic are both better than Simanic.

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• Antonijevic is a very talented young player,I think she and Zivkovic are both better than Simanic.

I don't argue that..hehe...I just wanted to know why she had left...but I already saw in other topic that she left NT too.... ;( ...I hate when this happens...

but thanks anyway... ^^

• When Tsokur will play for Russia NT?

After Sokolova and Godina it will be good.

• Angelina Grün can't play the qualifier due to a shoulder injury :(

Saskia Hippe get the chance to instead of her.

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• Setters: Kathleen Weiß, Denise Hanke

Opp: Saskia Hippe, Sabrina Ross

OH: Conny Dumler, Margareta Kozuch, Heike Beier, Maren Brinker

MB: Corina Ssuschke, Christiane Fürst, Kathy Radzuweit

L: Kerstin Tzscherlich

Maybe Anne Matthes will be in the team instead of Ross or Brinker, but this is the team which played the two matches against Serbia.

• German NT's roster seems to be quite good. Pity that Angelina won't be able to support her team but hopefully she'll recover and be able to play in the beginning of the league saeson. Hope that Germany will qualify for WGP'09 and I'll be rooting for the Germans. Btw anybody knows when Angelina will be ready to play?