World Grand Prix 2009

• Uhuuuuu...Brazil, eight titles in theGrand Prix (and in the World League too). I´m sooooo in heaen that we won again. Even think that the girls didn´t play so well in the last games againts Netherland and Japan. Dani Lins, so young, was the second in the best setter score, Fabiana won the best blocker ( I WAS CHEERING FOR FURST hehehe) and Sheilla was the MVP...There´s no way that this could be better !!! :cup: :cup:

I'm very happy for the German team. They are very talent and show a lot of energy when they play. Guidetti hav been doing a great job as coach. I'm sure that in some years this team will be much stronger structurally and will be difficult to beat them. Fürst, Brinker and Kozuch are the bests :woohoo:

:rose: Lov Fürts and Sheilla :rose:

• Matthias, thanks for the answer....It happens in the Men's NT of Germany too??? Because i thought that the teams of germany league was strong...at least Friedrichshafen that had a lot of foreing players....I hope in the future we can have a lot of new places with a good league and volleyball can be the only occupation for the players...

• Friedrichshafen is the exception, and 1-2 other teams are similar in professionality, but also many male players in German league have other jobs beside volleyball. On the other hand, male players go to other leagues more readily, in the past years our ex NT coach Moculescu always told them to go to Italy to improve and many listened to him.

• Yeah, almost all players work or study besides volleyball because they can't live from volleyball. There are very few who decide to focus only on volleyball because it is a risk, you can play volleyball for 10-15 years but what will you do then? So pretty much all players learn a job or graduate from university so they can do something else after volleyball.

But I agree that Brinker should play in a better league, I hope she will do it when she has finished her education...even Anne Matthes goes to Italy now and she is not as good as Brinker.

:what: It's weird. Poor Maren.She have such skills, that she can play in the best leagues for example Italian, Polish. In our country even third league is professionaI. If player wants to study, club settles her university. I hope that her talent will not get wasted . Thanks for info Matthias.

• @ Matthias

I wouldn't say it is my dream, but I see your team in the semis during ECh in Poland. There are no real leaders in European volleyball right now, so it is more than possible.
    Great Brazil, good Germany and a little bit disappointing performance by Holland in the GP final.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Hi friends!
    I am Brazilian and I have news for fans of the MVP of Beijing PAULA PEQUENO.
    The player is caring after knee surgery and is training with the ball. She will play in the Russia next National League in Zarechie Odintsovo along with his former partner of the Brazilian team and also olympic champion Wallewska. :drink:
    Seen the she still treads with some care, but soon she will be back in full form, as the recovery treatment was a success. :win:
    Link of the video: http://esporte.uol.com.br/ulti…-exrival-0402376AE0911366