Cup of Boris Yeltsin 2009

• Anne Buijs deserves a chance,but is preparing for WC Youth in Mexico in juli.

• looks like borodakova is a rising middle blocker star which is quite unusual for a russian player because normally the stars of the national team of russia are outside hitters.

Russia also has Tischenko. Maybe Borodakova can be like her. Maybe Sheshenina should give more balls to her. I dream of a time when a Russian middle player will get more balls than the outside hitters like Fabiana of Brazil or Gioli of Italy.

• Russia won Yeltsin Cup 2009.

Final:
    Russia - Japan 3:2 (20:25, 25:20, 25:18, 20:25, 16:14).

Bronze medal match:
    Cuba - Netherlands 0:3 (17:25, 23:25, 21:25).

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Who was the champion? i was following the final match through livescore and japan won first set by 25-20...second set japan was leading 16-13..but i had to go to college...
    Holland beat Cuba by 3-0 and got the 3rd place..

• Russia also has Tischenko. Maybe Borodakova can be like her. Maybe Sheshenina should give more balls to her. I dream of a time when a Russian middle player will get more balls than the outside hitters like Fabiana of Brazil or Gioli of Italy.

titchenko was the best MB i have ever seen....it would be great if borodakova could play 60,70% of what titchenko did....in addition to borodakova..merkulova is a good MB too..and i think they should receive more settings..

Russia won Yeltsin Cup 2009.

Final:

Bronze medal match:

excelent!! iim very happy for russian girls :super:

• Russia won Yeltsin Cup 2009.

Final:

Bronze medal match:

:down: oh Japan was so close :(
    Cuba :hit:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Japan is getting better! I hope they will improve more and more and kick some a"£ in WGP :super:

• Japan is getting better! I hope they will improve more and more and kick some a"£ in WGP :super:

Yes, Japan are certainly getting better, under the new coaching staff, and a settled team are gradually working better with each other.
    We have seen in recent tournaments, the promise of some exciting times ahead for the team. The highly anticipated pairing of Saori and Kano, is producing results, and for fans, tone of the highlights of this European tour. Shoji has been consistent throughout, and having been unsure of her selection at first, I am now a humble converted fan of hers. Erica showed why she is always missed when she doesn't play, and once Kana Oyama recovers fully from her back injury, the defence will be strengthened.
    All in all, a competent tour, although after Beijing, it would have been nice to have got the better of Poland, again! (Next Time, maybe.)

• It's becoming a good tradition, that Dutch player gets the MVP title. Russia loves volleyball girls from Holland! ;) Last year it was Debby, this year Manon. Unfortunately, Debby couldn't play. Nikolay Karpol said in the inteview that she had broken her hand.

• It's becoming a good tradition, that Dutch player gets the MVP title. Russia loves volleyball girls from Holland! ;) Last year it was Debby, this year Manon. Unfortunately, Debby couldn't play. Nikolay Karpol said in the inteview that she had broken her hand.

Lightmaster, do you know the other players who were awarded in this edition ? Tournament home page has not updated us on this yet..

• Lightmaster, do you know the other players who were awarded in this edition ? Tournament home page has not updated us on this yet..

I don't know exactly. Other nomitations look quite weird.

"For being devoted to volleyball" - Yoshie Takeshita (Japan)

"Miss of the Tournament" - Marina Sheshenina (Russia)

Maybe they are going to publish more traditional nominations also...

• thank you!! sheshenina miss of the tournament :lol: really strange...takeshita´s prize is less weird at least

• I've just lost one score - does anybody knows the score of Japan - Belarus match on the 3rd day of tournament

• Debby really had an injury in arm or hand. I saw it on TV during the Montreux Volley Masters Cup. She was in the audience.

• Japan 3 x 1 Belarus (25:20, 23:25, 25:17, 25:23) stats: http://www.yeltsincup.ru/2009/08.pdf

ok. thanks kuraf_veiga

• Debby really had an injury in arm or hand. I saw it on TV during the Montreux Volley Masters Cup. She was in the audience.

Yeah. I saw it too