Torino International Tournament 2009

• We lost. :( And again, I couldn't see the match. They showed last night at midnight....And i wasn't home. Anyway, I'm happy for Japan and Poland, I like both teams. The final will be an interesting match! :thumbup:

• Poland won this tournament by defeating Japan 3-1 :dance6:
    MVP:Anna Baranska
    Best Spiker: Joanna Kaczor
    Best Blocker: Dorota Pykosz(182 cm :thumbsup: )
    Best Server: Wang Yimei
    Best Libero: Yuko Sano
    Best Setter: Yoshie Takeshita

congrats girls really great tournament :cup: in 1st and second match we didn't show our best but than Poles were playing really well. the final match was really great Japan defence was amazing and both teams played very well :thumbup:

Baranska and Kaczor were such a butt kickers in this tournament :obey: Skowronska have to work really hard to secure spot in starting 6 in Kaczor will keep playing like that :super: great that Asia is finally showing her huge potential. and Baranska is such a all around OH-she receive well she has great spike she defence well and her service is just :obey: -we need more girls like she :rose:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• It is nice to see both Japan and Poland starting well in this Olympic Cycle! I hope they could keep their good work! I was glad to see them beating favourites China and Italy.

• Great job from Poles! I don't remember when was the last time they started season so well.

What's wrong with Italy A?
    Maybe they train togehter for a very short period...

• Althoug Torino Tournament doesn't have a big meaning, it's very nice, that Poland won it. It's precious because of many resons: Poland beat Italy in very good style and in Italy (this 25-11 in 1st :D ), Polish girls are using to beating Japan when they want to and how they want to 8) It's important, if we consider, how many problems Poland used to have against Japaneses. And last, but not least: it is the first title (even if it is not a "big" title) with the new coach. Now it is time for new aims: World CH qualies and ECH. With that attitude, atmosphere and shape - I hope it will be good. :)
    And Kaczor played that tournament really well. I don't think Skowrońska has to worry about her place in starting "6" - she is our biggest star and I can't imagine her on the match. But it's fantastic we have somebody like Kaczor, who can be useful substitute and can replace Skowrońska almost any time ( I just hope she will play that good in crucial matches, with big psychological pressure - Montreux and Torino didn't have such pressure).
    However, big congratulations for the girls. I'm waiting for the future with slight optimism :)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Excuse me. My only question is what's wrong with Italy A team? :what:

Well, they're in the early stages of their physical preparation, so they're not 100%. Plus, Barbolini experimented a lot during the tournament, with many young and/or inexperienced players (at least internationally). So it's not the best team in the best condition right now. But I'm sure they'll improve in the next international tournaments and they'll be at their best for the World Championship qualifications. :thumbup:

• Hi we put on http://www.vivovolley.it
    video of the final of Torino: Italia vs Cina, pre-match, national song, last point and prss conference with Lo Bianco, Barbolini, Cai Bin.

About the match, congratulations to Poland, good team, good organization on the court...and Baranska is very strong!

Yes, therefore she is one on my favourite with one of the best receivers Świeniewicz !