NORCECA's 2010 Pan American Cup

• Santo
    Domingo, Dominican Republic, December 15, 2009 – The Pan American Cups
    for both men and women will take place in Puerto Rico and Mexico next
    year.

The men’s tournament will take place in both Mayaguez and
    Bayamon, Puerto Rico from May 20-31, while the women’s tournament will
    be taking place in Tijuana and Mexicali, Mexico from June 16-27.

Furthermore,
    the Final Four, the competition among the top qualified teams of the
    Women’s Pan Am Cup, will be hosted by the state of Chiapas, Mexico on
    September 19-26.

The location for the top annual events of the
    NORCECA Confederation were decided during the Sport Organising
    Commission during its two day meetings in Santa Domingo last week.

Last
    year Brazil won the women's Pan American Cup, defeating the Dominican
    Republic 3-0, and the USA won the men's tournament, beating Canada 3-2
    after being behind 1-2.

• A- Cuba, Dominican Republic, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela.
    B- USA, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago, Peru.
    Winners of Groups are in Semifinals. 2nd and 3rd Teams plays in Quarterfinals.
    Tickets to World Grand Prix 2011 gets 3 Best Teams from Norceca and 1 from South America.

• USA preliminary roster for the Pan Am Cup:

OH/OPP:
    Ogonna Nnamani
    Kristin Richards
    Jordan Larson
    Nancy Metcalf
    Heather Hughes
    Nicole Fawcett
    Cynthia Barboza
    Destinee Hooker
    Megan Hodge

MB:
    Christa Harmotto
    Foluke Akinradewo
    Cheryl Weaver
    Heather Bown
    Lauren Paolini

S:
    Courtney Thompson
    Bryn Kehoe
    Alisha Glass

L:
    Stacy Sykora
    Tamari Miyashiro

• [size=10]OH/OPP:
    Nancy Metcalf

Metcalf?Amazing to see her again in US NT :thumbsup:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• In General Forum > General Section > Topic Best Scorers in One Match News ^^ 18.06 - start PanAmerican.

• Anybody who knows if there will be any livestream for the tournament ? And the brazilian roster ?

Brazil (junior players) - setters: Rosane Maggioni and Priscila Helde; OPP: Sthefanie Paulino, Eduarda Kraisch and Marjorie Correa; MbB: Ana Beatriz Correia e Francyne Jacintho; OH: Carol Azedo, Isabela Paquardi, Gabriela Guimarães and Fernanda Kuchenbecker, Libero: Kilara Santos.
    Brazilian line-up:
    Priscila Helde, Sthefanie Paulino, Isabela Paquardi, Gabriela Guimarães, Francyne Jacintho e Ana Beatriz Correi and Kilara Santos.

• Alright, thanks, I noticed some of them from youth world championships last year, but i guess they are only around 17-18 years old, and will get it difficult against cuba ?

• I'm asking because I don't know exactly - this tournament is a qualification for WGP 2011?

• Yes, what I´ve read it is so, but seems a little bit weird to me, why play brazil with the juniors then ? Are the juniors really that good ?

• Alright, thanks, I noticed some of them from youth world championships last year, but i guess they are only around 17-18 years old, and will get it difficult against cuba ?

This competition isn't that important. Then the main team does not use to play it. I'd say it is a learning-training championship.

• So if Brazil finish after ARG orPeru they will not participate in WGP 2011?
    Well I think they will be in the best three... but it is just a question it is a possibilty........ they wont qualify wit this junior team - just a question :)

• This competition isn't that important. Then the main team does not use to play it. I'd say it is a learning-training championship.

Not unless Brazil wouldn't want to join World Grand Prix 2011 (which I honestly think will be very helpful since after the WGP 2011, the World Cup of Volleyball, the qualification for Olympic Games, will also be staged. We all know that all those 'top' teams would secure a berth for the Olympic Games as early as 2011...Remember Italy, Brazil and USA all secured Olympic berths on that tournament),

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• By the way USA defeated Peru in 3 sets. Heather Bown led all scorers with 14 points.

Starters for USA were: MB - Heather Bown, Foluke Akinradewo, OH - Megan Hodge, Jordan Larson, Opp - Nancy Metcalf, S - Alisha Glass, L - Stacy Sykora

The team will be playing Puerto Rico next.

4 berths for the WGP 2011 are at stake for this tournament. 1 for a South American team, 3 for NORCECA teams.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)