2010 Piemonte Womens Cup

• Even though it is off topic, you are wrong. Chukanova in 2002 was backup setter to Gracheva and in some matches replaced Plotnikova for short times as opposite, but all she did there was receive some balls and set when Gracheva defended, but she never played like an attacker. In 2003 when Gracheva retired and Sheshenina was still too young, Chukanova became first setter, but she really was not good so as soon as Sheshenina reached a good level Chukanova was back on bench.
    Anyway, if Wensink is talented to play as setter I see no reason not to try it.

Aha. I saw her first here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh1nbKvcM28&feature=related and she was playing there as a OH. It's really unconventional, but always some way.

• General statement especially for you - and that's not meant as a joke - : I want to recommend you to study the situation of Dutch clubvolleybal in general and the women's clubs in particular !!! You live in Poland, the volleyballwalhalla and I live in The Netherlands, where volleyball is a very poor child. Please update your knowledge about the Dutch situation and don't comment on it from your Polish view !!!

Don't tell in this way, because we are not a volleyball paradise. Some our club have big financial problems. For example my club- PTPS Piła, will not play in Plus Liga. PTPS sold the place to Trefl Sopot, because they don't have money.
    Moreover I think, that club are not so important. Netherlands NT has problem, because they play in the same squad for long time. We didn't see new players. If somebody for basic six can't play (as Kim now), all team play bad. I don't think, that Dijkema or Blansjaar are bad players. They just haven't experience, but if Selinger will call they earlier, this problem wouldn't be existed.

• General statement especially for you - and that's not meant as a joke - : I want to recommend you to study the situation of Dutch clubvolleybal in general and the women's clubs in particular !!! You live in Poland, the volleyballwalhalla and I live in The Netherlands, where volleyball is a very poor child. Please update your knowledge about the Dutch situation and don't comment on it from your Polish view !!!

I don't know Tchoukanova at all so I don't comment on that case, but I can can tell you we don't have dozens or even a few tall setters in Dutch competition, suited for specific situtations I described before (end of set). The only we have is Femke Stoltenborg (she is 19 and played only 3 games or so in NT). That's why Selinger chose for Wensink as setter!

You don't have to be so aggressive. As you said I'm not living in Holland but in Poland and I really know only Polish realities. But I have got my mind and I can use it. Especially, that I'm watching volley for many years, I saw many teams, games, players and I know few things which are not depends of that where I'm living. Everyone can have mind of one's own and I'm accept that. I'm writing only my opinion, I think that I can do that...?
    Finally, I won't be talking about situation at setter position in Dutch NT anymore. I didn't talk about it to spite anybody.

• My reply wasn't meant agressively at all ;) I was just disappointed in, and a little irritated with (I must admit), your replies; because the replies proved you aren''t aware of the Dutch situation. That's why I recommended you to study the situation here. So, no hard feelings :) Sure, everybody can write his/her opinion!

• My reply wasn't meant agressively at all ;) I was just disappointed in, and a little irritated with (I must admit), your replies; because the replies proved you aren''t aware of the Dutch situation. That's why I recommended you to study the situation here. So, no hard feelings :) Sure, everybody can write his/her opinion!

You know, I just can't understand why situation of Dutch NT is so 'special' when others, smaller countries hack and thrive.

• You know, I just can't understand why situation of Dutch NT is so 'special' when others, smaller countries hack and thrive.

But which smaller countries do you mean? Cuba? Dominican Republic? (Both ~11M according to Wikipedia). A couple of Flyingdutchman's points from earlier bear repeating - that the high standard of living in the Netherlands reduces the need for people to 'escape' to a better life through professional sport and that volleyball isn't exactly a national obsession there. In the other successful small countries, one would have to draw the opposite conclusion. Therefore, in my opinion, it is entirely justified to view the Dutch situation as special - it is the consequence of its size among volleyball playing nations and the lack of certain special factors that apply to some other small countries.

• Not only van Tienen, also Chaine Staelens and Huurman...the youth is already better... Don't get me wrong: personally I like Francien, Chaine en Janneke, but for the team - the future, like London 2012- , it's better to create a place in starting-7 for Schoot, Grothues/Buijs and especially de Kruijf!

Me too~
    For the team good,Van Teinen should be out of the team.Selinger should give Schoot chances.
    Selinger can not use these older till 2012.He really should give youth chances to improve their skills and exprience.

• It is really Selinger's fault,he should use laura much earlier.

• But which smaller countries do you mean? Cuba? Dominican Republic? (Both ~11M according to Wikipedia). A couple of Flyingdutchman's points from earlier bear repeating - that the high standard of living in the Netherlands reduces the need for people to 'escape' to a better life through professional sport and that volleyball isn't exactly a national obsession there. In the other successful small countries, one would have to draw the opposite conclusion. Therefore, in my opinion, it is entirely justified to view the Dutch situation as special - it is the consequence of its size among volleyball playing nations and the lack of certain special factors that apply to some other small countries.

I agree with you Matt, and is what I'm trying to say since the beggining....I think we cant never have the small mind to look over things only in one point of view and based only in one factor. The true is, many factors, including the size of the country, NOt ONLY that, helps in the fact that Holland has a small number of people practicing volleyball, and that makes harder for them to find new talents and new players for NT. Anyway, Selinger could make in these years a group good enough to make some good results, such as winning Grand Prix 2007, being silver in ECH 09 (including winning Poland twice), so I think in general Selinger makes a good work there, but is also true that for him is harder to find new players to substitute this ones that are now, cause that are other priorities in there, see the example of Meijners itself.

Maybe the club situation in Poland isnt the best as well, but it is a country to start with much larger population, and with a population that simple LOVES volleyball, for me that also love it, it was incredible to fell that closely last year in ECH, so in my mind is easy to understand why is much easier to find young kids playing volleyball in there then in Holland, and for this quantity you can find more players up to go to NT in future, being easier for Poland for example to make transitions of generations, and finding new starts for NT. In small countries, other factors are included, such as the one that becomeing a player can be a solution of life. Also in Brasil is like that, many people find in sport the chance of trying to change their life, also for that, they most of the time quite scholl really early, and soon can be fully dedicate to professional life, and like that at the age of 20 they are already prepared to be playing in NT. And so goes one, each country has their reasons for being like they are..... ^^

• I agree with you Matt, and is what I'm trying to say since the beggining....I think we cant never have the small mind to look over things only in one point of view and based only in one factor. The true is, many factors, including the size of the country, NOt ONLY that, helps in the fact that Holland has a small number of people practicing volleyball, and that makes harder for them to find new talents and new players for NT. Anyway, Selinger could make in these years a group good enough to make some good results, such as winning Grand Prix 2007, being silver in ECH 09 (including winning Poland twice), so I think in general Selinger makes a good work there, but is also true that for him is harder to find new players to substitute this ones that are now, cause that are other priorities in there, see the example of Meijners itself.

Maybe the club situation in Poland isnt the best as well, but it is a country to start with much larger population, and with a population that simple LOVES volleyball, for me that also love it, it was incredible to fell that closely last year in ECH, so in my mind is easy to understand why is much easier to find young kids playing volleyball in there then in Holland, and for this quantity you can find more players up to go to NT in future, being easier for Poland for example to make transitions of generations, and finding new starts for NT. In small countries, other factors are included, such as the one that becomeing a player can be a solution of life. Also in Brasil is like that, many people find in sport the chance of trying to change their life, also for that, they most of the time quite scholl really early, and soon can be fully dedicate to professional life, and like that at the age of 20 they are already prepared to be playing in NT. And so goes one, each country has their reasons for being like they are..... ^^

But why do not Selinger train young players earlier?Anne buijs、De kuijs were already in NT.
    And he should try his best to convince Meijners\Lonneke\Van Dalan back to the team,it is what a coach should do~
    Now,it is really a bad situation for NED.

Anyway,i will always support the girls.

• I can totally agree with Ned and WZP. Moving C.Wensink to setter position is a desperate move. It was really better to convince older players which ended up with NT to play for this season last time. K. Stealens will be not pregnant all her life and she will be back next year probably and now it would have more sense to have older and experienced setter with one from youngers to get some experience in "big volleyball". Trying with Wensink as a setter is really bed idea. And what when Kim will be back? Caroline will play as libero? She has not play on this position so far, so it may be worth trying?. Hmmm

• now it would have more sense to have older and experienced setter with one from youngers to get some experience in "big volleyball".

But who? Wismeijer? She was on the bench for the second half of last season at TVC and the last I heard (from a couple of months ago) was that she plays in the B-League next year. Fledderus? Retired. Marieke? Also retired. I keep hearing comments (from various people) to the effect of "they should use ____ type of player" but for the reasons already discussed, Holland doesn't have that kind of depth.
    :set: :set: :set: :set: :set: :set: :set: :set: :set: :set:

• Exactly Matt, I am talking about them, similar situation was with Tanja Hart when she was back to German NT for Halle (?), I am not sure when exactly, but it was bit after she had retired. And in Dutch NT it is only for one season, so I think it would not be that hard to convince anyone of them. At least it would be worth trying. Cause younger setters don't even have older setter to observe and learn from.

• But why do not Selinger train young players earlier?Anne buijs、De kuijs were already in NT.
    And he should try his best to convince Meijners\Lonneke\Van Dalan back to the team,it is what a coach should do~
    Now,it is really a bad situation for NED.

Anyway,i will always support the girls.

Exactly, I'm still talking about that. Selinger should try new setter a little bit earlier. And as you wrote, there was girls at set position. And in really my opinion, he should try one of those girls, because it could be circus with Wensik as a setter. But maybe Caroline will show us (especially me) what she can as a setter and that she can lead team to win. But I doubt it.

• Exactly, I'm still talking about that. Selinger should try new setter a little bit earlier. And as you wrote, there was girls at set position. And in really my opinion, he should try one of those girls, because it could be circus with Wensik as a setter. But maybe Caroline will show us (especially me) what she can as a setter and that she can lead team to win. But I doubt it.

Caroline Wensink is a really universal player,but being a setter is really so difficult for her!And as a MB,she is better than visser and huurman.So MB is the best position for her!!!!