The 2011 XXVI Universiade - 12-23 August - China

• Brasil will heve a very strong group in Universiade this year. The coach will be Helio Grinner, assistent coach of bernardinho in Unilever, and coach of Militar Team that jsut won Militar Games. 4 players that were in Militar games will play in Universiade, the Mb Natasha (that was also in Yeltsin Cup), the OHs Regiane and Michelle Pavão (Regiane is from Unilever, and Michelle also played many years here and last season played for Minas) and the opp Fernanda Berti.

The hole group is:
    Setters: Roberta Ratzke and Flávia Kuchenbecker
    Opp: Patrícia Bianchi and Fe Berti
    OH: Regiane Bidias, Mariana Costa, Michelle Pavão and Amanda Francisco
    MB: Natasha, Fernanda Isis and Ana Carolina
    Líbero: Tássia Sthael

From the group, 6 players are or already been in Unilever training with Helio, so he knows the group really well.

• The italian setter Noemi signorile felt pains in her back, and maybe wont participate Universiade.

It is no sure yet, but if she cant play then Marta Bechis will play the tournament in her place.

• Friendly matches:
    Japan - Poland 5-0 15, 16, 22, 14, 8. Haladyn as Setter.
    Japan - Poland 5-0 23, 23, 24, 21, 11. Wilk as Setter.

• Состав сборной России:

Пасующие:

Светлана Сурцева ("Динамо" Краснодар),
    Ирина Уралева ("Протон").

Нападающие:

Виктория Чаплина ("Уралочка-НТМК"),
    Дарья Писаренко ("Факел"),
    Ксения Наумова ("Тюмень"),
    Яна Щербань ("Протон"),
    Ирина Кузнецова ("Динамо" Казань),
    Дарья Столярова ("Заречье-Одинцово").

Блокирующие:

Регина Мороз ("Динамо" Казань),
    Екатерина Осичкина ("Динамо" Краснодар),
    Валерия Гончарова ("Динамо" Москва).

Либеро:

Дарья Векшина ("Динамо" Краснодар).

• Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• Friendly matches:
    Japan - Poland 5-0 15, 16, 22, 14, 8. Haladyn as Setter.
    Japan - Poland 5-0 23, 23, 24, 21, 11. Wilk as Setter.

3rd game
    Japan - Poland 1:3
    (21:25, 25:21, 22:25, 18:25)

Poland: Haładyn, Skowrońska, Piątek, Naczk, Nuszel, Strasz (libero)

• There's a livescore??

• Pool A
    China - Belgium 3:0 (25:23, 25:19, 25:17) stats P-2 stats P-3 CHN stats P-3 BEL
    Sweden - Japan 0:3 (6:25, 9:25, 11:25) stats P-2 stats P-3 SWE stats P-3 JPN

Pool B
    Ukraine - Brazil 0:3 (14:25, 12:25, 16:25) stats P-2 stats P-3 UKR stats P-3 BRA

Pool C
    Poland - Canada 3:0 (25:19, 25:17, 28:26) stats P-2 stats P-3 POL stats P-3 CAN
    France - Chinese Taipei 1:3 (20:25, 26:24, 21:25, 22:25) stats P-2 stats P-3 FRA stats P-3 TPE

Pool D
    Thailand - Russia 0:3 (14:25, 23:25, 23:25) stats P-2 stats P-3 THA stats P-3 RUS
    Norway - Hong Kong 0:3 (23:25, 15:25, 6:25) stats P-2 stats P-3 NOR stats P-3 HKG

• Hong Kong beat. Norway hm interesting. What do They do with volleyball in Norway?
    Sweden lost the match but I see positive progress in every set Emil ;) :D some Teams play in the next set worst.
    Russia with problems against Thailand. I can't read the stats by Opera Mini in phone because of pdf wrr. But I won't get from bed now. I will see them tomorrow.

• Nice to see Van Hecke and Rousseaux in Belgian team! ^^ (though I dont know why Van Hacke started as bench..hehehehe

How is China team? they won quite well against Belgium.

• Nice to see Van Hecke and Rousseaux in Belgian team! ^^ (though I dont know why Van Hacke started as bench..hehehehe

How is China team? they won quite well against Belgium.

China team actually is Shanghai Dunlop Club, and they're titled as Fudan University team.
    If you pay attention to last Universiade, you will find several players at that time, such as Zhang Lei(who attended our national team last year), Zhu Huijing, Bian Yuqian(same as Zhang L.), are still in this university team.
    As our countrymen say, they don't graduate after 4 years, what a long college life.

I may write the roster:
    Setter: 2 Bian Yuqian; 10 Xiao Yanwen
    Opposite: 8 Zhang Lei;
    Middle Blocker: 6 Zhu Huijing; 7 Zhang Yuxin
    Outside Hitter: 1 Xi Xi; 13 Chen Yina; 11 Zhang Yichan
    Libero: 9 Ma Xiaoying

I don't really know about the team, either.

• Watching Italy v Ukraine. I am really surprised by what a good volleyball nation like Italy produce! The team looks like the current China, tall and slow. They cannot pass at all!!! I know its their first match but this is really awful. Folie the only player who seems to play well, and she is frustrated by the other players. Partienno is just awful! :mad:

• Thanks! ^^

• Watching Italy v Ukraine. I am really surprised by what a good volleyball nation like Italy produce! The team looks like the current China, tall and slow. They cannot pass at all!!! I know its their first match but this is really awful. Folie the only player who seems to play well, and she is frustrated by the other players. Partienno is just awful! :mad:

I think Partenio is a good talent, but she is still very young, like most of TIalian team that is playing Universiade. Im not watching the match, but maybe they are just are felling the preasure of the opening match, since they all (except Bechis) are unexperient girls.

I dont think that individually they are as awfull as you are saying they are right now.

• Stats for Italia's match??