Montreux Volleymasters 2011

• Peru will play against the strong Teams and will learn a lot. Very good decision. I think the one of the African Teams should play here too.

• I think it's good for them because they'll play GP 2011.

On the other hand, I think it's a hard time to Peru NT. Leyla Chihuan won't play anymore with the national team, they've just lost their coach... I hope they'll call again Milagros Moy (they need her without doubt) but I'm not sure if she wants to play in NT.

• Montreaux Masters is one of my favorite tournaments..

What are the criteria to participate in this tournament? :roll:

All matches will be contentious as usual :) Go Germany :super:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Brazil's team has played only the 2005 and 2006 editions of this tournament last olympic cycle. In 2007 Brazil's Federation decided to prioritize the Pan American Games, which were held in Rio de Janeiro and, for this reason, the team stayed in Brazil training and played a few friendly matches against Serbia instead of travelling to Switzerland.

This Olympic cycle Brazil's Team already declined the invitation in 2010. I believe they have done the same this year. That's why they are not in the participating teams roster. This year the Pan American Games will be held in Mexico and I believe Brazil's Federation will prioritize this competition again. Last time Brazil's team won this tournament was in 1999 when Bernardo Rezende was the head coach of the women's team.

Anyway, I think it was wise to invite Peru instead. They will surely play with their top players and that will help them to prepare for the World Grand Prix.

• No Turkey.Blah:tzz: We won't play also GP.How will Turkey prepare to ECH 2011?I really wonder.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I think it's good for them because they'll play GP 2011.

On the other hand, I think it's a hard time to Peru NT. Leyla Chihuan won't play anymore with the national team, they've just lost their coach... I hope they'll call again Milagros Moy (they need her without doubt) but I'm not sure if she wants to play in NT.

I have just received a message from Mila, saying that she will not be playing at the Volleymasters tournament in Montreux, Switzerland.
    Seemed she´s not interested in playing for the NT anymore.

• Some interestings coming back in Us like Dani Scott and Haneef. Of course, Hodge is out cause she will be playing Italian championship till days before Montreux starts...

Weird not to see Chaine and Stam in Dutch team.... :(

I cant wait to see with witch team Italy will play...poor girls...Maybe Barbolini will wait to see how will be already out of Italian league early.

• Weird not to see Chaine and Stam in Dutch team....

They are not needed yet, because Meijners, Buijs and De Vries will get their chances to play as OH.

Selinger said last week, since no participation in WGP this summer, the only important tournament is ECH. So I think it is not necessary for Stam and Staelens to particpate already in NT in Motreux ( and maybe also China Masters and Yeltsin Cup).

• They are not needed yet, because Meijners, Buijs and De Vries will get their chances to play as OH.

Selinger said last week, since no participation in WGP this summer, the only important tournament is ECH. So I think it is not necessary for Stam and Staelens to particpate already in NT in Motreux ( and maybe also China Masters and Yeltsin Cup).

Makes sense...it is a good oportunity for youngers to grow...^^

• They are not needed yet, because Meijners, Buijs and De Vries will get their chances to play as OH.

Maybe, but without Debby this tournament will be, say so ... less beautiful, if you know what I mean ... :whistle: 8)