New Qualification System for Rio OG 2016

• qualification system of 2016 Rio OG has been amended, 12 vacancies are:

1 host country;
    2 from World Cup (top 2 of WC 2015);
    5 continental championships or continental qualification tournaments (this one is not for sure yet);
    4 intercontinental qualification tournaments to be organized with four teams per tournament (the pool composition is a question)

Analysis

(1) Brasil NT is of course counted in....because of host country;

(2) top 2 NT from WC is also without doubts;

(3) "5 continental champions" which means that these "5 vacancies will be decided prior to the 2 vacancies of WC. 5 Continental Champions in 2015 will be directly counted in, the question is whether these teams are auto qualified for WC later that year. if the answer is no, then we could recognise that the level of WC has completely descent, and can be only regarded as Secondary WQT. therefore, I think continental qualification might be a good way to follow.....after WC is complete in the end of 2015.

(4) 4 intercontinental qualification (known as WQT) is a traditional way (similar to the Mens OG qualification system), probably the asian QT will go along with one of these WQT...the 4 pool drawing may be quite interesting...

after all, the new system will lead more competitiveness and provide more chances for world level team...

PS : i will be delighted to see FIVB prefer considering to expand the vacancies for OG (up to 16 vacancies) some day.

Source: http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=28181&Language=en

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

Edited 3 times, last by pappi ().

• yes, i want to see some new countries in the olympics, countries who really deserved to participate. and europe has to get more spots, why does cev not talk to fivb for this case, fivb knew, that european market is the strongest, netherlands, germany, turkey, aserbaidschan, italy, russia and poland, all of them are strong teams but unfortunatley we only see a few of them

• I think that f.ex. if Russia will be the European Champion 2015, will play in the World Cup. If Russia will win the Gold Medal in Europe will be extra continental tournament because the Triumph of Russia will give Europe the next place in Rio.

• From Europe in Rio may play maximum 7 Teams if the first and the second place will get Europe in the World Cup, then one from the extra continental and four from the intercontinental.

• that sounds good, so russia, italy, germany, turkey, netherlands, poland and serbia = 7 european countries , that would be amazing + china, japan, usa, cuba aand brasil = 12 teams. Voila the compettion can begin

• that sounds good, so russia, italy, germany, turkey, netherlands, poland and serbia = 7 european countries , that would be amazing + china, japan, usa, cuba aand brasil = 12 teams. Voila the compettion can begin

Brazil is already qualified therefore another team from South America will get a spot.

• It will not be continental champions because those teams go to the World Cup. It will be through Olympic Continental qualifying tournaments in my opinion. It would even make it more confusing, such as US wins continental championship, but Cuba is in the top 2 at World Cup and not the US.

• this system seems fair and is narrrowing the gap between ladies volley and gentles volley.....

ladies volleyball tournament may have more fierce competitions during various of OGWQT procedure, and the direct benificiary should be stronger europe.

the drawing of lots for the four world qualification pools will attaract certain concerns, because a good location sometimes has a easier way out of the pool.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Brahmin if USA wins the continental championship and Cuba wins the Silver in the World Cup, the Teams will play together in Rio, but in Norceca won't be the extra continental tournament.

• The extra continental tournament will be if the Champion from the one of the fifth Continents gets the Gold or the Silver in the World Cup.