You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mariuszj1939

Intermediate

• "mariuszj1939" is male
  • "mariuszj1939" started this thread

Favourite Team: Poland, Brazil, Chemik Police

Favourite Players: Swieniewicz, Werblińska, Grun, Wlazły

Wednesday, September 15th 2010, 2:16pm

Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

http://www.fivb.org/viewPressRelease.asp…722&Language=en

Teams already qualified :
host -- Great Britain
world cup (host Japan 04-18.Nov.2011) -- Italy
world cup (host Japan 04-18.Nov.2011) -- USA
world cup (host Japan 04-18.Nov.2011) -- China
continental tournament Africa (host Algeria 1-4.February.2012) -- Algeria
continental tournament Europe (host Turkey 1-6.May.2012) -- Turkey
continental tournament Norceca (host Mexico 27.April - 6.May.2012) -- Dominican Republic
continental tournament South America (host Brazil 8-14.May.2012) -- Brazil
continental tournament Asia (host Japan 19-27.May.2012) -- Japan
world tournament (host Japan 19-27.May.2012) -- Russia
world tournament (host Japan 19-27.May.2012) -- Korea
world tournament (host Japan 19-27.May.2012) -- Serbia

http://www.fivb.org/en/olympics/london20…_process_VB.asp

This post has been edited 21 times, last edit by "mariuszj1939" (May 27th 2012, 5:25pm)

• "burak-ı naz" is male

Favourite Team: Fenerbahçe, Germany NT, Dutch NT, Belgium NT, USA NT

Wednesday, September 15th 2010, 2:25pm

The qualification process for the 24 teams (12 for men and 12 for women) will consist of the following:
1 host country (Great Britain)
3 from the 2011 World Cup (first, second and third)
1 from each Continental Qualification Tournament* (played between December 15, 2011-January 15, 2012)
3 from the World Olympic Qualification Tournaments

The World Olympic Qualification Tournaments consist of three tournaments for men and one for women to be held between May 15-31, 2012.

The opening qualifying event for the 2012 Olympic Games will be the 2011 World Cup in Japan which will run from November 4-18 for women and November 20-December 4 for men. A total of 12 teams per gender (hosts Japan, 2011 Continental champions, four 2011 Continental vice-champions placed highest on the FIVB World Rankings and two wildcards) will compete for the three vacancies on offer in each tournament.

* The Asian Continental Qualification Tournament could be played together with the World Olympic Qualification Tournament in Japan.
"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

MattGTFour

Apparently not the only English guy

• "MattGTFour" is male

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 9:49am

Competition schedule, released this morning:

http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-gb/img/…-volleyball.pdf
:drink:
Number Cruncher Sports - http://www.twitter.com/ncspo

Friday, March 18th 2011, 4:30pm

Skill Wins Points
Heart Wins Games

joanamss

Volleyball Lover!

• "joanamss" is female

Favourite Team: FOPPA (Italy), Rexona-Ades (Brazil), Dresden (Germany) NT: Italy, Holland, Germany, Serbia, USA (women); Brazil, USA and Poland (men)

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Piccinini, Fürst, Pavan, Merlo, Barazza, Kozuch, Klineman, Flier, Brakocevic, Robinson, Mihajlovic, Vasileva, Plak, Fiorin, Rahimova, Havelkova, Thompson, Apitz, Kreklow, Amanda

Friday, March 18th 2011, 5:12pm

Anyone knows if its true that GReat Britain is thinking about resigning their spot in Olympic games as host?

I read in volleyball.it that that can happen in women and men's volleyball, and that FIVB is waitting for their decision, cause if they do there is one morespot to be fight by other countries.
"Forza Foppa ale
sempre insieme a te
e dovunque andrai
sola mai sarai
Non mollare mai …
Non mollare mai …"

Bartek

Jesus I Trust In You

• "Bartek" is male

Favourite Team: Уралочка НТМК Екатеринбург

Friday, March 18th 2011, 5:43pm

If it is true, it will be better ^^ but I think that instead of Great Britain will be one more Team from Asia ;) because of the World Olympic Qualification.
Prediction Game:

Gold Medals - 14

Silver Medals - 12

Bronze Medals - 9

Overall: 35

Details

MattGTFour

• "MattGTFour" is male

Friday, March 18th 2011, 5:44pm

Interesting. I don't see anything on any of the GB websites and I couldn't find the communication that volleyball.it is referring to. But the way that article (at least the English version of it) was worded suggested that they had a source other than the communication they mentioned... hmmm.

Just yesterday, British Volleyball President Richard Callicott gave an interview (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/volleyball/9427848.stm) with BBC sport about beach volleyball but said nothing about the indoor teams, so the timing seems strange indeed.

It's been chattered about this for a while, not surprisingly given given the financial difficulties of the team (and the players personally), complete lack of backing from UK Sport, lack of popularity of the sport in Britain and the level of the team compared to the others in the competition.

I personally would like to see the GB women get their chance. But not at the expense of other countries that genuinely deserve to be there on merit. We will see.

Edit: Tidied up the link

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MattGTFour" (Mar 18th 2011, 6:48pm)

MattGTFour

• "MattGTFour" is male

Friday, March 18th 2011, 6:18pm

If it is true, it will be better ^^ but I think that instead of Great Britain will be one more Team from Asia ;) because of the World Olympic Qualification.

I think it should be the top 16 team that is geographically closest to Great Britain :lol:

MattGTFour

• "MattGTFour" is male

Friday, March 18th 2011, 8:39pm

This has now been denied by a person familiar with the situation...

Konrad

Szczecinianin

• "Konrad" is male

Favourite Team: Poland, USA(M), Spain(M)

Favourite Players: Eleonora Dziękiewicz, Lloy Ball, Manon Flier, Neslihan Demir Darnel, Zbigniew Bartman, Dawid Murek

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 2:44pm

Anyone knows if its true that GReat Britain is thinking about resigning their spot in Olympic games as host?

I read in volleyball.it that that can happen in women and men's volleyball, and that FIVB is waitting for their decision, cause if they do there is one morespot to be fight by other countries.

I don't think it's true. Last week I read in Polish newspaper an interesting article about British preparations to the volleyball male tournament. GB male team is not that weak. They are able to win some matches, especially against teams from Africa, Asia, Oceania, maybe some European. I don't see reason for them to resign.
The most important 3:
POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Celso

Professional

• "Celso" is male

Favourite Team: Brazil NT

Favourite Players: Natália, Tandara, Adenízia, Thaísa, Fernanda Garay, Priscila Daroit, Camila Brait and Fofão.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 7:42pm

I don't see any point in declining such invitation. Being able to play the OG Volleyball Tournament will help them to become more competitive in the years to come and this resigning may be regarded as though they don't give a damn to the development of volleyball in the UK.

If this is the case, at least it will be nice to try to go to London to watch the volleyball tournament, cause it seems there will be lots of tickets available.
We are still the Olympic Champions!!! :cup:

:olympia:

Bartek

Jesus I Trust In You

• "Bartek" is male

Monday, March 21st 2011, 12:57pm

Prediction Game:

Gold Medals - 14

Silver Medals - 12

Bronze Medals - 9

Details

• "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY" is male

Favourite Team: Polish National Teams

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 7:13pm

In Polish female NT is big problem. This problem is coach - Matlak. There're a lot of girls which just don't want to work with him, because they still makes step back. It's really big crux how roster will look like. I'm sure, that Zenik resigned because of Matak.

it's weird, our best player - Glinka said that she don't have anything against him and his training conditions are ok
:roll:

I didn't mean Glinka. But no one knows what she is thinking about Matlak after WCH.

what I wrote above she said after WCH :)

But you don't know what she is really thinking about Matlak. Just look around you sometimes. Glinka won't be barking how bad is coach, it's not her style.

pol

Professional

• "pol" is male

Favourite Team: Poland, Kazakhstan, Peru, Croatia

Favourite Players: Masza Liktoras !! Danielle Scott

Friday, April 8th 2011, 1:55am

http://www.fivb.org/en/olympics/london20…_process_VB.asp

It's interesting that European Qualification Tournament will be held in May, not as usual in January :whistle:

• "StarNight" is male

Favourite Team: Eczacıbaşı VitrA-Dinamo Krasnador-Atom Trefl Sopot-Turkey-China

Favourite Players: Neslihan,Neriman,Gozde, Y.K.Kim, Poljak,Naz, Harmotto,Hui,Havelkova, Mammadova,L. Bosetti,Buijs,Garay, Zhu Ting,Gabi,Thaisa, Zaryazhko,Giel,Rasic, De Kruijf, Dürr, Hildebrand

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 10:10am

Istanbul/Turkey will host to 2012 OG European Qualification Tournament :woohoo: :dance6:
2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

kadir_8

Master

• "kadir_8" is male

Favourite Team: VakıfBank , Galatasaray Daikin NT: Turkey, Croatia, The Netherlands

Favourite Players: Małgorzata Glinka-Mogentale, Neslihan Demir Güler, Maja Poljak, Christiane Fürst, Kübra Akman , Gözde Sonsırma, Jelena Nikolić, Neriman Özsoy, Milena Rašić, Gizem Güreşen

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 10:14am

Istanbul/Turkey will host to 2012 OG European Qualification Tournament :woohoo: :dance6:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Great news.
Vakıfbank Istanbul!!!
2010/2011 and 2012/2013 Champions League winner.12 matches 12 wins :super: :cup: I am proud of my team :heart:

Bartek

Jesus I Trust In You

• "Bartek" is male

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 12:07pm

The FIVB and the CEV love when Countrys organize the youth and the junior Tournaments. Turkey has got the points in FIVB's and CEV's Eyes so...

Turkey has caught FIVB's and CEV's influences :)
Prediction Game:

Gold Medals - 14

Silver Medals - 12

Bronze Medals - 9

Details

king

Unregistered

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 12:38pm

The FIVB and the CEV love when Countrys organize the youth and the junior Tournaments. Turkey has got the points in FIVB's and CEV's Eyes so...

:drink: :drink: :drink:

vyz

Professional

Favourite Team: Vakıfbank, İlbank

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 11:26pm

:drink:

• "Rainmaker" is male

Favourite Team: Croatia NT, Serbia NT,USA NT, Asystel Novara, Fenerbahce, Rijeka KVIG, Split 1700, HAOK Mladost, Volero Zurich

Favourite Players: all from Croatia NT, Natasa Osmokrovic, Stefana Veljković, Milena Rašić,Destine Hooker,Maja Burazer,Ana Bjelica, Aleksandar Atanasijević, Ivan Miljković, Nikola Grbić, Igor Omrčen, Yuri Berezhko...

Sunday, May 1st 2011, 12:16am

Croatia will host one continental tournament for women and one for men.

Social bookmarks