Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• congrats to Poland and Turkey :) so once again a big final in Ankara, on the other side there are completely different teams (only Kasia Skow., Esra, Nesli and Gulden remembering 2003)...Im very impressed by Poland´s game, Skorupa is really irreaplacable right now..great match by Skowronska and of course Zebrowska - Im very satisfied that after a lot of opportunities in NT she is finally 6 player, her power of attack is amazing :) I hope tomorrow it will be a great match

btw. today Cuba is playing at 2:00 in the morning?

• Exactly.sometimes because of that feeling ,giving up watching volleyball matches passes through my mind just to avoide that stress....

I do that too haha. Or sometimes, watch replays of the team's winning matches. Right now, I want to watch Brazil vs Russia 2010 WCH Gold Medal match :lol:

• Ok two strong teams are in the final host TUR and POL - congratulations to both for wins in all previous games but now only one will be happy.
    The most important will be physical aspect (because huge audience and expectations are sometimes against hosts).
    Turkey lost in the past many crucial finals or semi-finals see ECH 2003, European OG qualification Baku 2004, last ECH etc
    I do hope there will be no "referee game" but just the best team should be a winner !

• Yeah, Poland have to play against Turkey, audience and line referees. I hope main referee will be sober as like Mr Pasquali today. He gave few points for Turkey but it wasn't so important for final result.

• Ekaterina Gamova accuse the turkish judges for the todays loss. She says:

"I can not say that fatigue - was the only reason for our defeat. Turks have done everything to ensure that we have been playing without a break, so we had the most severe subgroup. And today's judgment - there are no words. It was disgusting. I think it is arrogance on the part of the Turkish representatives. At a minimum, it would be 2-0 in our favor, and then not know how to end the game. But the Turkish people have done everything possible and impossible, and bought everything they can. Of course, very disappointing but nothing can be done. Although I think it's rudeness, "- said Gamova.

Volleyball recalled that during the match with a German Turk volleyball and "condemned." "At least five points we have" taken away ". Five - is, perhaps, not much. But when they are judged at the right time, then it is worth its weight in gold spectacles," - she said.

Source: http://rsport.ru/volleyball/20120505/595368017.html

• I'm speechless...what a disappointing reaction by one of the best players ever.....

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

• Volleyball recalled that during the match with a German Turk volleyball and "condemned."

Just to be clear: here she says that referees also favoured Turkey in their match against Germany.

Borisenko blames the defeat on tiredness. She doesn't mention the referees, but states that the organizers deliberately arranged the schedule so that Russia, Turkey's biggest opponent, didn't have a day off. She believes that the result would have been different if Russia had a day to rest.

• So Gamova will bet on Turkey tomorrow ?

• Hmmm... there are some bad calls by the linesmen but i don't think it's the main reason for the loss. Russia just faltered in the last 2 sets of the game.

With this accusation, will Fenerbahce still pursue with transferring Gamova? :?:

• I'm speechless...what a disappointing reaction by one of the best players ever.....

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Well, you know, If you cannot admit you played worse and couldnt play better than the opponent and dont accept the defeat and you are jealous like her, so its normal a statement like that. Since many years Gamov(er) lost my respect because of her attitude. Just to be clear, in sports theres a win and loss and a good player accepts the loss and behaves professionally and not blames others ! Its all in your hands . I am curious why the turkish team didnt accuse serbia last ech when they lost in semis when they played in a full and loudly hall :whistle:

• Nevertheless, it's difficult to admit Turkish line referees for a so important game :serve:

• I don't like Gamova's words either...line judges obviously tried many times to help Turkish team today, but first referee made a good game and overruled them very often, and I think correctly in all cases. The only bad decision was late in 1st set, but Russia won it despite the decision, and referees certainly aren't responsible for Gamova attacking 24% :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

• This question of line referees it's a big problem in international tournaments.
    Gamova knows it and she uses this excuse today ... :thumbdown:

• although still, the Line Judges should have been impartial for a more convincing win for Turkey and to avoid controversial accusations such as this.

There's no need for Gamova to sour grape. They still have a shot at the Olympics in Japan, and they have better chances there. Too bad for them that they won't be having that much-coveted rest.