Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• But you're beating a dead horse. Everyone already agrees that the rules are not ideal. However, that is not an excuse for Serbia's poor play. Russia isn't winning just because they're Russia, they're winning on the court and beating teams. All of their players played an extensive club season, EQT, and they seem fine. Serbia is not doing that.

So we should just accept the rule because It is already definitive, Im sorry, but Im not like that, I stand for what I believe is correct and fair, and I dont think this system is.

And good for Russia that they could manage to win even If they are tired, that dont change the fact that they also had so little time to prepare while Asian team had that time....

no matter how teams are playing I think the concept of it is wrong!

Like I said before Im not against Asian Team, Im against FIVB letting such thing happen. Im against the fact that no one in FIVB stop to think, hey maybe this way is not cool...that is what anoys me.

• have another point.

Considering that this is an OG year, do you think that the teams could have prepared for this in advance? I have seen good performances during World Cup and World Championships. But not so during the qualifying tournaments.

I know that "money" is good. But I think for an athlete, preparing for an OG is somewhat important. Why force yourself to join clubs that may give you "injuries" a year prior to OG when you can join the clubs right after OG and for three more years.

• Asia didn’t have continental qualification. That’s why the best Asian team after Top 3 will get qualified. Before mention anything please check information first. :lol: :lol: :lol: So totally Asia has only this olympic qualification to qualify to London not like other continents.

• Joana you´re right the rules could be better, but its not that big reason to play bad for that. The thing is that Russia played in fantastic shape this tournament even if they was playing in EQT and without some players. I dont understand why u keep going on and on with the statement of that its bad they had to play a tournament more because it makes them tired and all this...seriously, as it shows for Russia, it was only good for them to get matches and also Serbia is playing better now than then! I dont see the problem at all, if Serbia wouldnt played that 3 matches in EQT I guess they had played some friendly matches instead at this time. In my opinion, EQT was just a perfect build-up tournament for this, instead u can say, how fair is it that European teams get serious match training against best teams while the asians not played a competitive NT-match in like 7-8 months?

• Asia didn’t have continental qualification. That’s why the best Asian team after Top 3 will get qualified. Before mention anything please check information first. :lol: :lol: :lol: So totally Asia has only this olympic qualification to qualify to London not like other continents.

they do have a continental quali, It is just happenening same time as the World Quali. ;) so here stays my question, why best asian team quali as world quali and not as asian quali? ;)

• oh the long conversation about this topic again which started even before the start world cup, i need a popcorn for this :woohoo:

• Joana you´re right the rules could be better, but its not that big reason to play bad for that. The thing is that Russia played in fantastic shape this tournament even if they was playing in EQT and without some players. I dont understand why u keep going on and on with the statement of that its bad they had to play a tournament more because it makes them tired and all this...seriously, as it shows for Russia, it was only good for them to get matches and also Serbia is playing better now than then! I dont see the problem at all, if Serbia wouldnt played that 3 matches in EQT I guess they had played some friendly matches instead at this time. In my opinion, EQT was just a perfect build-up tournament for this, instead u can say, how fair is it that European teams get serious match training against best teams while the asians not played a competitive NT-match in like 7-8 months?

I see your point, but playing friendly games is not the same as playing a tournament, day after day games mental stress and so on, with no rest, with no time to recover players..so If you think about It is pretty much different. At least that is my point of view. ;)

Friendly games are one thing...game itself are other..specially such stress tournament as is a Olympic Qualification one..you can ask any players..

anyway, I know Im stepping in same stone here...so Ill just stop with the discussion. ;) Everyone has their own beleives so..all cool. :drink:

• Also few main members of Thailand national team was playing league in Europe and had the same schedule as other countries. They are also injured too. Not like only Serbia injured.. other countries have the same problems. It’s sport duh injury is normal for every team you have to accept that and adjust and work what your team has in full potential. Stop whiny about it’s unfair or whatever. If the team didn’t get qualified, it doesn’t mean they don’t have luck or unfair rule. It’s because the other teams play better at circumstance and time. So I don’t really get it why European fans are kinda childish and ignorant and biased. You know things about your own continent doesn’t mean you know everything around the world or you are the top of the world. :lol:

• they do have a continental quali, It is just happenening same time as the World Quali. ;) so here stays my question, why best asian team quali as world quali and not as asian quali? ;)

that’s why one more asian team will get qualified as the best asian team.

• that’s why one more asian team will get qualified as the best asian team.

Just imagine Japan, Korea and Thailand had finished top 3 in this tournament, then Taipei would have qualified for OG without winning a single match. I think that is what Joana means. The rules should be best Asian plus top 3, and if an Asian is in top 3, 4th ranked team qualifies instead, not the 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) best Asian if one (or two or three) Asian(s) are in top 3.

• oh yes bombs are dropping from both sides of the party :box:

• then you join them bartek im sure it willl be an explosion :lol:

• I see your point, but playing friendly games is not the same as playing a tournament, day after day games mental stress and so on, with no rest, with no time to recover players..so If you think about It is pretty much different. At least that is my point of view. ;)

Friendly games are one thing...game itself are other..specially such stress tournament as is a Olympic Qualification one..you can ask any players..

anyway, I know Im stepping in same stone here...so Ill just stop with the discussion. ;) Everyone has their own beleives so..all cool. :drink:

There is no reason to tell me the its a difference between friendly games and competition games, I know that, and the only thing I mean is that the first one is not neccesery better to build-up for a tournament, as Russia showed for ex. Yes, its more exhausting ofc, but they had plenty of time to rest after it, almost 3 weeks. The other thing, is that Serbia isnt really playing worse this tournament, rather better, than in EQT, then I mean your comment about how exhausted they are because they had to play in EQT, makes not so much sense. Their problem for me is injuries, nothing else.

• Just imagine Japan, Korea and Thailand had finished top 3 in this tournament, then Taipei would have qualified for OG without winning a single match. I think that is what Joana means. The rules should be best Asian plus top 3, and if an Asian is in top 3, 4th ranked team qualifies instead, not the 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) best Asian if one (or two or three) Asian(s) are in top 3.

I agree with you.
    BTW, Japan is with one foot out the OG. They must win.

• Just imagine Japan, Korea and Thailand had finished top 3 in this tournament, then Taipei would have qualified for OG without winning a single match. I think that is what Joana means. The rules should be best Asian plus top 3, and if an Asian is in top 3, 4th ranked team qualifies instead, not the 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) best Asian if one (or two or three) Asian(s) are in top 3

Do you think FIVB is going to let it happen that way? They made this rule this past 2 times because they already expected that only just 1 or perhaps 2 asian teams will be in top 3. it’s impossible that 3 Asian teams will be in top 3 based on every teams ranking and performances. If incase that really happens believe FIVB will be tricky and change the rule and make another non Asian team qualified right away. You know how this organization works. So unreliable and a lot of corruption. Well and stop using league schedule and injury as excuses.. it happens to every teams and it’s nature of sport.

• then you join them bartek im sure it willl be an explosion :lol:

Oh no thanks. I hope Serbia won't qualify because during Olympics will be- oh if Malagurski played Serbia would win, oh if Molnar was in Her best shape..., oh if Nikolic hadn't injury..., oh if Veljkovic had more time to rest..., oh if Molnar played from the season start..., oh if ball was square Serbia would win etc etc etc

• For the past 10 years European teams have been dominating the World Olympic qualification in Japan and now that Asians are winning it started to become unfair??? oh c'mon people! stop whining! can't we just move on and get over it. This topic is just overkill!!

• For the past 10 years European teams have been dominating the World Olympic qualification in Japan and now that Asians are winning it started to become unfair??? oh c'mon people! stop whining! can't we just move on and get over it. This topic is just overkill!!

I totally agree! if the team is that good just make it in top 3. It they can’t finish in top 3. Just accept it and get over it.

• With all that said.....I still want to see Serbia win and qualify :) At least this adds great tension to the tournament as it is really a do-or-die match for the Serbs.