Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• I heard Eda said "the MVP" to Esra at the end :rolll:

I think it's a joke to Esra from last Turkish league final awards :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• MVP of match was team captain Esra for sure. :rose: She has always been an underrated player although she is doing very crucial job in both Eczacıbaşı and NT. That's why I am really glad that she was chosen as MVP of Turkish league :thumbsup:

Naz also show very good performance, she contribute sets very well.

For Bulgaria, every year I am starting to think this is going to be Bulgaria's year and they will make surprises but one more time I am dissappointed again, they have really good individuals but cannot succeed as a team, I don't know reason whether it is bad trainer or lack of good setter :down: Almost all of their starting 6 players play in top level clubs but why they play bad in NT 8|

By the way is there anyone have idea about why Neslihan does almost stop her amazing jump serve for last 2 years :what: she was one of the best server in the world since 2003 but in last matches, she rarely jump serves. Is it trainer's tactical decision or she just simply does not want to ruin her body by that much effort ?(

• For Bulgaria, every year I am starting to think this is going to be Bulgaria's year and they will make surprises but I am dissappointed again, they have really good individuals but cannot succeed as a team, I don't know reason is bad trainers or lack of good setter :down: Almost all of their starting 6 players play in top levels but why they play bad in NT 8|

By the way is there anyone have idea about why Neslihan does almost stop her amazing jump serve for last 2 years :what: she was one of the best server in the world since 2003 but in last matches, she rarely jump serves. Is it trainer's tactical decision or she just simply does not want to ruin her body by that much effort ?(

Totally agree about Bulgaria. Vasileva and Rabadzhieva are two of the most talented OHs in Europe, Strashimira's performance in Uralochka last season was just amazing, but their NT simply can't perform well. I don't like Nenova and Mariya Filipova, but all players are not as good as in clubs. And I don't like the way of thinking "let's get an Italian coach and everything will be fine", it's not that easy. In Germany it works well because Guidetti speaks German, has assistants who work in German league and know all good players from Germany and the chemistry between coach and players is just perfect. On the other hand, when Abbondanza speaks Italian during timeouts it was obvious some players don't understand anything and I'm not sure how often he sees his NT players during club season, probably not very often. Thinking about NT only from May till September is not enough.

About Neslihan, I think jump serves is the first thing players stop doing when they need to save powers. And in many cases, a good float serve can be as efficient as a jump serve and even less risky.

Canada-Honduras starts in 10 minutes here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/live-voleyball
    It might be painful to watch after high level European volleyball but I want to see if Pavan can beat Santos' 11 aces from yesterday :D

• Canada without Pavan, Holness, Mahon and Cordonier. Maybe Honduras can reach 10 points in one set...
    I just saw there will be quarterfinals (2nd vs 3rd ranked teams) and even classification matches for 5-8 place in Norceca, that's the most pointless thing ever! :thumbdown:

• Totally agree about Bulgaria. Vasileva and Rabadzhieva are two of the most talented OHs in Europe, Strashimira's performance in Uralochka last season was just amazing, but their NT simply can't perform well. I don't like Nenova and Mariya Filipova, but all players are not as good as in clubs. And I don't like the way of thinking "let's get an Italian coach and everything will be fine", it's not that easy. In Germany it works well because Guidetti speaks German, has assistants who work in German league and know all good players from Germany and the chemistry between coach and players is just perfect. On the other hand, when Abbondanza speaks Italian during timeouts it was obvious some players don't understand anything and I'm not sure how often he sees his NT players during club season, probably not very often. Thinking about NT only from May till September is not enough.

About Neslihan, I think jump serves is the first thing players stop doing when they need to save powers. And in many cases, a good float serve can be as efficient as a jump serve and even less risky.

Canada-Honduras starts in 10 minutes here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/live-voleyball
    It might be painful to watch after high level European volleyball but I want to see if Pavan can beat Santos' 11 aces from yesterday :D

Neslihan has a little injury about her legs, she doesn't want to make injury worse imo

• I really like Nenova and I don't think she is the main problem for her team. :teach:

Bulgaria reception is really weak, no one can set good in that condition. Nenova did it too good compared with the bad reception she had. :sos:

Most important think: what's going on with Yaneva? She was really good and complete player in Cannes, now her reception and skills are on amatorial level. :white:

How could M. Filipova play in Azerbaigian? She's one of the weakest libero I ever watched. Bad digger and worse receiver! :down:

And in the end Bulgaria has Abbondanza... :whistle:

• S.Filipova only 6 atacks? :whistling: The player who can attack over 30 balls in Russain league in NT gets only some bals. :thumbdown: I don't undersand it. Bulgaria can't afford for that waste of power. I know that BUL has problems with reception but I think that they should use Filipova as often as posible.

• Iagree with you...it has been a great difference between the two teams!

happy for Berenika..and talking about Poland, I didn't expect them to play so well especially Zebrowska and Werblinska! do you think they have any chances against Russia??

Hm, it's really difficult question. Main favorite is Russia, no doubts. My trust is in Skorupa once again. Her sets was to good for Dutch NT. I Hope Kasia will take water from the brain of Russian blockers :D

• Hm, it's really difficult question. Main favorite is Russia, no doubts. My trust is in Skorupa once again. Her sets was to good for Dutch NT. I Hope Kasia will take water from the brain of Russian blockers :D

sincerely, Poland surprised me a bit today, but of course I'm happy for them! tomorrow it will be a really important match that can give already the qualification for the semis...if they want to beat Russia they must perform good in blocking as today and also in defense...and yes Skorupa must play quickly! :)

• Cheesus... I hope to see our girls tomorrow working on block like they worked today :white: Funny, that Werblińska played better in block than in the attack. Not to mention how hopeless she was on serve :aww: But I see flashes of a good form...
    Skorupa is my master :obey: No words can describe how grateful I am that we have her in the team.
    Maj was outstanding but looking at her equivalent on the other side, this Dutch Speedy Gonzales... Myrthe, right? Just WOW :obey:
    And I like Robin De Krujif more and more...

• S.Filipova only 6 atacks? :whistling: The player who can attack over 30 balls in Russain league in NT gets only some bals. :thumbdown: I don't undersand it. Bulgaria can't afford for that waste of power. I know that BUL has problems with reception but I think that they should use Filipova as often as posible.

Without reception there's no way to set ball to MBs.

• sincerely, Poland surprised me a bit today,

Did you find Polish team so weak before this match? :P

do you think they have any chances against Russia??

Of course as a Pole I will say that we can win :) Unfortunately I don't know what other users can say, although I predict that no one believe in POL :lol:

For many years Russian style of game has been very convenient for us. Although Russia is among top world teams POL often was able to beat them.

We can achieve a good result if we use our strong points: serve and block. Skowrońska, Werblińska, Bednarek are really good servers and if they do their best Russia must be in trouble :!: If we destroy Russian reception we would score in block then .This is our hope. Unfortunately Werblińska doesn't serve so good as she did some years ago. Today she comitted too many errors.

And one more thing is that reception is our touchy point. NED didn't serve well. We received quite good even if only Maj and Werblińska were receiving, Żebrowska and Skowrońska are involved only in some rotations. I'm afraid that Russia can destroy our game by their serve :S

• I believe in our victory over Russia too! ;) Of course Russian servers scare me like hell and I will be praying for some miracle if it comes to our reception... For sure, if we want to fight as equals with Russians, we have to serve better than yesterday. I hope it was just one weaker day on serve.

• The match stats look a bit strange...it seems the statistician counts every ball that stays in play as positive reception and every ball that reaches the setter, no matter where, as perfect reception :roll: Also in GER-CRO match reception stats looked unusually good.
    And how can Schoot have 9 attacks?? Every ball she played over the net counted as attack?? Same for the setters, Skorupa and Dijkema both shall have had 12 attacks? No way!

It seems the statisticians for the tournament use their own interpretation of the stats :aww:

• Grun from Germany, Okuniewska from Poland, Schoot and De Kruijf from Netherlands, Esra from Turkey look really balanced and outstanding so far.

• Totally agree about Bulgaria. Vasileva and Rabadzhieva are two of the most talented OHs in Europe, Strashimira's performance in Uralochka last season was just amazing, but their NT simply can't perform well. I don't like Nenova and Mariya Filipova, but all players are not as good as in clubs. And I don't like the way of thinking "let's get an Italian coach and everything will be fine", it's not that easy. In Germany it works well because Guidetti speaks German, has assistants who work in German league and know all good players from Germany and the chemistry between coach and players is just perfect. On the other hand, when Abbondanza speaks Italian during timeouts it was obvious some players don't understand anything and I'm not sure how often he sees his NT players during club season, probably not very often. Thinking about NT only from May till September is not enough.

Strashmira's situation surprises me too, she was making attack attempt almost as much as a regular opposite player and getting very good % as well :obey: although Uralocka's reception is not that much perfect, they would somehow manage to set Stashmira so many balls. If a team has a such dominating powerful MB, it should adjust its game strategy by considering her. So they should have at least one solid receiver (for example Karakasheva would play receiving OH) Another interesting point is theoretically all spikers in Bulgaria can receive (Yaneva-Rabadzhieva-Vasileva) but in reality non of them plays as decent receiver. Especially Yaneva's receiving does seem like she is far weak from her performance in Cannes :whistle: For second MB, I would prefer Ruseva or Koeva (I have never been a fan of Zarkova) I agree about Nenova and Filipova, I don't know any other good option for libero but for setter Debarlieva, Marinkova or Tsetanova (who is from same generation with Rabadzhieva-Vasileva) would be better options, I never watched current back-up setter, is she better than Nenova ?(

Anyway, they are still so young team, I am watching especially Rabadzhieva and Vasileva since they became 4th in 2009 world championship, and they keep improving unlikely their peers. By the way, from 2009 world champion team of Germany, there were two players named Weihenmaier Laura and Völker Janine, how is their level now Mathias? lost talents like Hippe and Sarah? ?(

• I like the way Puerto Rico is playing this qualification round. It seems a more stable team than Dominican Republic is, that depend on the individual inspiration of his players.
    There are players I haven't ever seen they are playing quite welll as the middle blockers Del Valle and Wingate.

Now, after Puerto Rico missed two balls for 2-0, the score is 1-1.

• DOM - PUR 1:1.
    Now it's too late and I have to go bed :P I hope that Portorico will win. I think it's my favourite team of NORCECA zone. They don't play such a chaotic volleyball like others teams from the Caraibes 8)

• It was talk good about Puerto Rico and they play a terrible 3rd set :lol:

Dominicana wins 2-1.