2012 Junior Volleyball European Championship - Ankara/Turkey

• I think it is not good for golden generation. They have to demonstrate themselves in any other tournament which is not held in Turkey :whistle:

As least Junior World Championship's host is not Turkey. BTW who is host for it?

• Germany is missing two important OHs Jennifer Geerties and Susanne Besa because of injuries. Almost all players of our team played in 1st league this season already or at least practised with 1st league teams.

German players always unluck when they were in junior age. I remember Hippe and Hanke also had severe injuries before important junior tournaments.

I am not really impressed by Besa but Geerties was one of the most talented player in the tournament andd seems like will be a good all around player in future. (hope her future wouldn't be same with Hippe or Sarah Petrausch :whistle: )

• German players always unluck when they were in junior age. I remember Hippe and Hanke also had severe injuries before important junior tournaments.

Basically it is true but not for the examples you quoted :D I don't think Hanke ever had a serious injury, Hippe really had some injury in 2009 but I think the reason she missed Junior WCH rather was her mental problems. But there are enough other examples of German Junior players with serious injuries. Patricia Grohmann was part of the Youth NT that won ECH 2007 but she had to stop playing afterwards because of injury, luckily now she is back. Kira Walkenhorst suffered a serious knee injury in Junior ECH 2008 when she had just recovered from a previous injury, she was a great talent but she switched to beach volleyball. Her younger sister Pia Walkenhorst (1993) also is a very talented player but she hardly could play in the last year due to shoulder and knee injuries. Ana Capote (1992, daughter of Cuban legend Josefina Capote) also had to stop playing volleyball now because of a knee injury. Germany Junior NT coach Han Abbing says that the problem is that the young girls play too many matches in young ages and they are not physically prepared for that strain, thus so many injuries :S

• Can we see some games ? Any stream for thtis Women Junior tournament ? :white:

• Basically it is true but not for the examples you quoted :D I don't think Hanke ever had a serious injury, Hippe really had some injury in 2009 but I think the reason she missed Junior WCH rather was her mental problems. But there are enough other examples of German Junior players with serious injuries. Patricia Grohmann was part of the Youth NT that won ECH 2007 but she had to stop playing afterwards because of injury, luckily now she is back. Kira Walkenhorst suffered a serious knee injury in Junior ECH 2008 when she had just recovered from a previous injury, she was a great talent but she switched to beach volleyball. Her younger sister Pia Walkenhorst (1993) also is a very talented player but she hardly could play in the last year due to shoulder and knee injuries. Ana Capote (1992, daughter of Cuban legend Josefina Capote) also had to stop playing volleyball now because of a knee injury. Germany Junior NT coach Han Abbing says that the problem is that the young girls play too many matches in young ages and they are not physically prepared for that strain, thus so many injuries :S

I was sure about Hippe but didn't remember Hanke compeletely :whistle: Anyway I was excited to see how Capote will play, sad to hear that ;(

I don't think match number would effect that match since our Youth NT also play so many matches :whistle: But they they play high level matches in first league since their early age. May it be the reason (our yourh NT play in second division which, ı think, makes more sense :whistle: )

Do you remember what was the starting 6 from gold medalist youth team in 2007 and what is the level of them after 5 years :whistle:

• With too many matches he didn't only refer to NTs but also matches in clubs ever since they start playing.
    Starting 7 from 2007 Youth ECH was Lena Möllers, Saskia Hippe, Patricia Grohmann, Sarah Petrausch, Berit Kauffeldt, Janine Hinderlich and Lenka Dürr. So as you can see, except Janine Hinderlich (she plays 1st league in Potsdam but got a serious knee injury in 1st match of the season and missed the whole season then) all of them have become NT players ;)

• Sweden at least took a set of Spain with Jessica Rivero in their team, I guess its pretty good for them. We have two very good players with extrodinary potential, and its the sisters Rebecca and Alexandra Lazic. They are 17-18 yrs. old but already dominates the swedish league, I think Alexandra was best scorer in the league this season, or second. I belive she has the potential to be a star in the future, even in Europe.

• Jessica is not full recovered from an injury... Portero is doing good too, she was best attacker in SF2 (300 points, 61 sets, 4,91 points/set) The problem is our MBs are short and not that good... so Spain has no chances, I guess.

• Basically it is true but not for the examples you quoted :D I don't think Hanke ever had a serious injury, Hippe really had some injury in 2009 but I think the reason she missed Junior WCH rather was her mental problems. But there are enough other examples of German Junior players with serious injuries. Patricia Grohmann was part of the Youth NT that won ECH 2007 but she had to stop playing afterwards because of injury, luckily now she is back. Kira Walkenhorst suffered a serious knee injury in Junior ECH 2008 when she had just recovered from a previous injury, she was a great talent but she switched to beach volleyball. Her younger sister Pia Walkenhorst (1993) also is a very talented player but she hardly could play in the last year due to shoulder and knee injuries. Ana Capote (1992, daughter of Cuban legend Josefina Capote) also had to stop playing volleyball now because of a knee injury. Germany Junior NT coach Han Abbing says that the problem is that the young girls play too many matches in young ages and they are not physically prepared for that strain, thus so many injuries :S

Well then if they know what is the problem why they do not change anything? Most of the girls are playing together the whole season, so basically the same coach is making them play so many matches who complains about the effects. Without criticising anybody in Germany it is quite often happens there as well that coaches make players overload...I mean not because of the matches but because of the trainings, not enough time for regeneration, too much jumping (twice a day every day), lack of prevention exercises to strengthen knees and back and shoulders....just a few coach knows and keeps in mind also those points and plan the practices based on the individual/ position needs. After this of course there are bad luck sometimes when somebody twist the ankle , jumps on the other's foot etc, unfortunately not much to do against them but I am sure with the strengthening of the main parts of the body- as I mentioned before - would make the seriousness of the injuries smaller and of course would make the recovery time shorter.

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• Celine Van Gestel is Belgiums best scorer so far with 41 points in two matches, and she scored 22 pts versus Croatia. She is a middle-blocker that is born 1997 (!), so three yrs. younger than many of the players she plays against. Rebecka Lazic was Swedens best scorer against Spain, 22 pts and 53% in attack is impressive numbers I think.

• Wow, HUGE surprise when Sweden beats Croatia with 3x1 today!!! I don´t think anyone could see that coming after Croatias victory versus Slovenia and took two sets of Belgium the day earlier. I´m really happy for them, hopefully it can lead to something good :)

• May Anyone help Me and tell Me what are positions of that Russia Players?

> http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=23956

When I'm lookin' here > http://www.cev.lu/TeamDetails.…onID=194&SeasonType=N&G=W it seems that OPP was changed to OH and were 3 MB on court? 8|

• The DOL assigned the 12 participating teams to two preliminary Pools whose composition reads as follows:

Pool I (Baskent Volleyball Hall): Serbia, Turkey, Slovakia, Slovenia, Belgium and France
    Pool II (Ahmet Taner Kislali sports hall): Italy, Czech Republic, Poland, Russia, Germany and Bulgaria

The teams ranked first and second in each Pool at the end of the prelims will play crossed semifinals, while those ranked third and fourth will be playing the classification matches 5-8

The ranking of CEV Youth Volleyball European Championship 2011 is:

1-TURKEY
    2-ITALY
    3-SERBIA
    4-GERMANY
    5-POLAND
    6-SLOVAKIA
    7-SPAIN
    8-GREECE
    9-SLOVENIA
    10-BELGIUM
    11-CZECH REPUBLIC
    12-UKRAINE

Champion team of this generation Turkey qualified as host whereas Italy, Serbia and Czech Republic have been qualified thanks to ranking of previous Junior Championship.

Poland-Slovakia-Slovenia-Russia qualified after second round

Germany-Bulgaria-Belgium and France qualified via third round. (Reason for Germany is probably lack of Geerties and Besa)

Russia, Bulgaria and France are newcomers instead of Spain, Greece and Ukraine. It is sad that we wouldn't watch Jessica Rivero :down:

Last Europe and world champion Turkey and bronze medalist Serbia are clear favourite of Group A whereas there will be an interesting battle between last Europe finalist Italy- Europe semi-finalist Germany and world semi-finalist Poland in group B. (newcomer Russia also might make a surprise) There was a dramatic decrease in the level of Italy without C. Bosetti. Since I assume she is not play in this tournament (just after playing at OG would be weird :roll: ) Italy wouldn't be that competitive this time.

• Germany-Bulgaria-Belgium and France qualified via third round. (Reason for Germany is probably lack of Geerties and Besa).

Germany lost only against a strong Polish team in first qualification...Unfortunately, Besa and Geerties still are out. Besa had a serious knee injury in winter, but I don't know what's the matter with Geerties, there only was a news towards the end of the club season that she has an injury, but no details, and as far as I know she was training with JNT before the first qualifier...

But also without them, the team has several interesting players. Setter Magdalena Gryka from Dresden already played several full matches in 1st league last season and always did a good job. Opp Carina Aulenbrock is supposed to be a good talent, right now it seems she plays as OH without reception and one OH (Izquierdo) plays as receiving Opp. The MBs Keil and Langgemach also are good players, Langgemach and libero Lisa Stock will be part of Dresden's 1st team next season as well. After the rather weak (and injury-struck) 92/93 generation, the 94/95 girls might be similarly strong as the 90/91 world champ generation...

• Germany lost only against a strong Polish team in first qualification...Unfortunately, Besa and Geerties still are out. Besa had a serious knee injury in winter, but I don't know what's the matter with Geerties, there only was a news towards the end of the club season that she has an injury, but no details, and as far as I know she was training with JNT before the first qualifier...

But also without them, the team has several interesting players. Setter Magdalena Gryka from Dresden already played several full matches in 1st league last season and always did a good job. Opp Carina Aulenbrock is supposed to be a good talent, right now it seems she plays as OH without reception and one OH (Izquierdo) plays as receiving Opp. The MBs Keil and Langgemach also are good players, Langgemach and libero Lisa Stock will be part of Dresden's 1st team next season as well. After the rather weak (and injury-struck) 92/93 generation, the 94/95 girls might be similarly strong as the 90/91 world champ generation...

I was curious about Geerties performance indeed, I hope she can make it for Final tournament. BTW what is Lisa IZQUIERDO's root? Doesn't sound like a German sirname.