2012 Junior Volleyball European Championship - Ankara/Turkey

• Slovenia-Turkey 2-3 after 2-0 in favor of Slovenia...

There is too much pressure on Turkey due to being last champion of both European and Worlds :S They destroy Slovenia after two sets but in tie-break, while leading 10-2 suddenly they stop playin and barely took the match 16-14 :what: One of the crucial reason was Mlakar's insane jump serves after 14-8. She served really fearlessly :obey:

For sure the star of the match was again our libero Dilara Bağcı who made 6 reception errors (yesterday she did 5 more) :wall:

• You´re right about Ukraine, and it´s a shame they have a federation that isnt intrested/able to create a strong NT. They could have played a starting line-up with Irina Zhukova, Natasha Mammadova, Natasha Goncharova, Maryna Marchenko, Valeria Goncharova, Yevgeniya Dushkyevich in that case, which obviously would have been a strong contender in major championships. Also the legendary MB from Russia NT, Elizaveta Titschenko was originally from Ukraine. It´s fascinating for me how a country like that, who never reach any success at senior level, still keeps producing world class players. But im not sure its only about good training, Ukraine is famous for having many almost gigantic people (like for ex. the Klitschko brothers, Muserskiy, Goncharova).

exactly.

• Could we be the team which has the worst reception amongst all the teams? :what: :what:

we did 15 reception errors..Dilara was MVP of WCH together with Kübra,IMO, but now her reception is terrible!!! we dont have a strong spiker except our middles and Ece Hocaoğlu who is in the bench.Opp Ceyda Aktaş lacks Power.other teams have at least a strong spiker like Mlakar or etc..Our middles made the difference again Aslı Kalaç 16 points % 73,Ceylan 12 % 53 . i like Şeyma's attack,Damla also is not bad.But both are bad at receiving.our reception is so bad that our setter can sets properly the ball to the spikers maybe thats a reason why our Oh's attack percantage is low.

• As I said, we have very good 3 middles. I am sure, they can be starter in any team in this championship. Aslı is such a quick player and her strength is even enough for senior level. It seems, she improved in Yeşilyurt a lot. Richards, Kosek, Aslı and Seray can be dangerous in the league for top-4.

I will say again as I said, Ceyda isn't as strong as Ece. She lacks power at attacking. We need Ece as soon as possible :sos: The hero of the match was Ceylan :super: She lost her place to Aslı but she made a good 'come-back' :D Kübra didn't play bad but the coach had to do something and he substituted Kübra with Ceylan. Her slide attacks were just amazig :super:

Damla and Şeyma was good as well. Actually we played very good in last 3 sets. After I saw their play in first 2 sets, I was kinda shocked with their play in other sets. We recovered well :wavy:

We booked our ticket %99 but I don't think that we will win against Serbia in the last match. And most probably we will play against them in semi final as well. Good luck girls :drink: :win:

• Is "Dilara" Turkish for "Nicole"? :D

Totally, you should see and enjoy her game soon :wall: It is weird that 1 year ago she seemed like Turkish "Castillo" :S

Problem with Ceyda is not lack of power she is simply not a brave and confident player. She is playing very efficient when everything is going right but when team has trouble she hesitate to attack powerful and just try to avoid making mistakes but I think that's why we are losing so many points in a row sometimes. We never played good or dominate for whole part of game, always lost concentration and give at least one set whereas Serbia won over them easily so it seems like we are gonna have very tough match against them. I didn't watch them in this tournament but if their reception a bit better than one year ago we don't have chance since the only reason we win first two matches was our powerful serves however today Slovenia served very well against us and they were almost winning. (Especially Mlakar's serves were crazy from 14-6 to 14-14 :what: )

Russia didn't play against two most powerful teams, Poland and Italy, I am curious if they would make a surprise by reaching semis :whistle:

• Totally, you should see and enjoy her game soon :wall: It is weird that 1 year ago she seemed like Turkish "Castillo" :S

I watched some parts of Turkey's first two matches and she stood out neither positive nor negative for me. I don't remember either any terrible mistakes or any great actions, she seemed "average" to me. I think it's a general trend in Junior teams that the level of serving is higher than the level of reception, so pretty much all teams have problems.

With Turkish Castillo, do you mean she is actually 3 years older than her official age? :P

• I had a chance to watch youth league final between Vakıfbank TT and Eczacibasi where Ceyda played as OH even she has great physical skills she always tried to kill balls with block-out and tips more than sharp attacks althought she was the best player of Vakıfbank at that match.It's her style guess.She prefers to play with technichal hits more than powerful ones and also need to say she is a good reciever :win: but she has to play OPP now due to Ece's problem and lack of opposites but she is doing a good job so far.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I watched some parts of Turkey's first two matches and she stood out neither positive nor negative for me. I don't remember either any terrible mistakes or any great actions, she seemed "average" to me. I think it's a general trend in Junior teams that the level of serving is higher than the level of reception, so pretty much all teams have problems.

With Turkish Castillo, do you mean she is actually 3 years older than her official age? :P

Hahaha :lol: No, I don't think there is any fashion to show players age younger, it is apparently a tradition of female DR and male India teams :aww:

Dilara seemed really promising at both ECh and WCh matches, which also she received best diggers, receivers and libero awards. Now problem with her is not about her technical skills, she generally is having problems with sharing the field. (She attempted to receive the ball with Damla at the same time like million times :mad: ) Maybe she is trying to cover our OHs but even in that case it doesn't work obviously.

By the way, what is your impression about the level of matches and did you observe any rising talent? From my point of view, It seems kinda disappointing especially when comparing the ones in 2006 and 2008. (the reason why I feel is probably that this tournament is just after Olympic Games :lol: It is hard to adjust expectations to that level :aww:

• In 2010 women play semis A1-A2, B1-B2 but men play A1-B2, B1-A1, very strange.

On tournament CEV website in downaloads is Competition Regulations and there write:

4.2.4.5 The SEMI-FINAL matches shall be played according to the following scheme:
     Match 31 1st Pool I - 2nd Pool II
     Match 32 1st Pool II - 2nd Pool I
     Match 33 3rd pool I - 4th pool II
     Match 34 4th pool I - 3rd pool II

So in this year women and men probably play A1-B2, B1-A1, i think.

• By the way, what is your impression about the level of matches and did you observe any rising talent? From my point of view, It seems kinda disappointing especially when comparing the ones in 2006 and 2008. (the reason why I feel is probably that this tournament is just after Olympic Games :lol: It is hard to adjust expectations to that level :aww:

It's difficult to say because I watched only last 3 sets of TUR-BEL and last set of TUR-FRA...

About Turkish team, to me they seem very homogeneous, no player really stands out positive or negative. As some people already said, all 3 MBs are quite good, with different strengths. I also like the Opp, I've never been able to watch Ece in her best shape in Youth tournaments, but right now, the other Opp (Ceyda?) looks much better.
    From Belgian team, I like their setter, and Celine van Gestel is very promising considering she's only 15, I hope she will develop well :thumbup: Lorena Cianci has good technique and seems to be a fighter, but she is simply too small to play on high level as attacker.