2012 Junior Volleyball European Championship - Ankara/Turkey

• Hope Kubra Akman can share her centimeters with her team mates especially Damla Cakiroglu (181cm-OH) and Asli Kalac (185cm-MB but i guess she is around 187-188 now) needs them much :D I have found an article about the first elections in Youth NT and it's written that Kubra was just 1.86 two years ago and now she is 1.97 :white: I am afraid she will pass Yulia Merkulova very soon :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Hope Kubra Akman can share her centimeters with her team mates especially Damla Cakiroglu (181cm-OH) and Asli Kalac (185cm-MB but i guess she is around 187-188 now) needs them much :D I have found an article about the first elections in Youth NT and it's written that Kubra was just 1.86 two years ago and now she is 1.97 :white: I am afraid she will pass Yulia Merkulova very soon :lol:

i hope she wont..

till what age can girls get height? 18,20?

• i hope she wont..

till what age can girls get height? 18,20?

Actually for a long time growing never stops but after 20 the amounts are really insignificant,they grow a half centimeter or less in 2-3 years so the biggest increases are untill 20.As far as i know when girls enter to menstrual period their development decrease so sharp and it lasts 3 or 4 years more and also carrying barbells effects growing negatively,doctors don't advice to juveniles to make body building at early ages.

Edited once, last by StarNight ().

• serdar, isnt Damla 179 cm tall?

i hadnt liked Busa but Tomic was a good player.(i dont know what level are their improvements at now...maybe Busa is better than Tomic now who knows?)
    German Izquierdo was jumping very well.Polish setter was good.these are the players i remember from youth euroepan/world championsip.

Tomic isn't in the roster for the EC. She wasn't even in the preliminary list of 22 players

Here are the players of Serbia
    S: Sladjana Mirkovic, Maja Simic
    OPP: Natasa Cikiriz, Milica Kubura
    MB: Mina Popovic, Katarina Canak, Jelena Trnic
    OH: Bianka Busa, Nikolina Lukic, Nada Mitrovic, Jelena Oluic
    L: Nadica Dragutinovic

• Friendly match

Turkey 3-1 Russia (13-25/25-20/25-17/25-16)

Edited once, last by StarNight ().

• I am surprised that she is not in the roster. She seemed promising to me. I hope it is not due to injury :S

• I am surprised that she is not in the roster. She seemed promising to me. I hope it is not due to injury :S

It's not due to injury. There are different stories about her absence. Last season she was second opp in Crvena Zvezda and she probably had a conflict with the coah and she didn't played the whole second half season, some people said to me that she is a non-working girl, she prefers to party than train. Her coach in Crvena Zvezda is also the coach of the Serbian junior team so I guess the rumors of their conflict are true. There was a option for her to go on college, we will se where she will be next season.
    I also think that she is talented but it's obvious that volleyball is not her priority

• Serbian girls always the same drama :wall: Very talented players but lack of professionalism. I hope she won't be a waste of potential like Drpa who was also great talent but obviously talent is not only thing which matters. :thumbdown:

• Bulgaria final roster: Set: Barakova, Gouncheva OH: S.Dimitrova, G.Dimitrova, Naydenova (instead of Ani Hristova), Paskova Opp: Grigorova, Andreeva MB: Todorova, Dimova, Gotseva

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• In the last youth world championship Cikiriz subbed Tomic more than well, therefore for the team for the team her absence won't be such a pity, but for her it wil be.
    I think that this generation didn't make a good progress from the last year and the half team is new and the coach too. Some girls like Dragutinovic, Trnic and Oluic in the youth category weren't even on the widest preliminary list, but they made a good progress this year, this counts especially for Trnic. The weakest point in our team is libero. I won't be suprised if this team don't get a medal. They played several friendly games with Italy and lost all.

Can we hope that the matches will be broadcasted?

• @sheilla
    why dont you call the players by their first name? what about Cikiriz' progress? she was a tall player (if i dont remember it wrong) and Lukic had played very well against us at semi final.. what about her?
    NTV Spor from Turkey will broadcast Turkey's matches.

• If it's easier for you to call them by their firts name I will, it's not a problem. Yes Cikiriz is 193 tall. Well I don't know about her progress so much I didn't watch her last season bacuse she didn't have chance to play in her team Vizura because daughter of the Vizura's director must play :down: .About Lukic I don't know where she was in the first half season, some rumors about her in turkish club? But she joined Crvena Zvezda (or Red Star) in the second half season and did pretty well. She didn't play much but whenever she had chance she used it well. In the forth match of play off of serbian super league she scored 26 points :win: .Most of ths girls plays senior league because our league is very young and weak.

And what about Damla Cakiroglu and Ece Hocaoglu, will they play? I know that they didn't play in the Balkan championship and Serbia won easly but I hope they will play

• And what about Damla Cakiroglu and Ece Hocaoglu, will they play? I know that they didn't play in the Balkan championship and Serbia won easly but I hope they will play

In yesterday's match against Russia Ceyda Aktas played as OPP seems like she is more ready to play as starter considering Ece's situation.Ceyda's real position is OH but she is 190cm so i guess she can also play OPP.No idea about Damla's situation.I guess final roster will be like this,

S : Cagla Akin,Kubra Kegan
    OPP : Ece Hocaoglu,Ceyda Aktas
    OH : Seyma Ercan,Damla Cakiroglu,Ecem Alici,Buket Yilmaz
    MB : Kubra Akman,Ceylan Arisan,Asli Kalac
    L : Dilara Bagci

Ideal Six : Cagla-Ece/Damla-Seyma/Kubra-Ceylan/Dilara
    Alternative Six : Cagla-Ceyda/Seyma-Ecem/Kubra-Ceylan/Dilara

• people say Gökhan Edman is planning to use 2 libero system too. is it true? And Go Ceyda :super:

Gökhan Edman :down: I really don't like his work with NT! There is no need to play with 2 liberos because we have a very good one. Dilara was the best libero of Youth ECH and the best receiver+ best libero in Youth WCH. :whistle:

• who are your favorites in the pools? and who can make a surprise?
    (the teams have to be in top two in each pool to take a spot at semi final)

I don't know is it question for me, but I wil answer it :lol:
    Pool A or I seems easier than the pool B. I think that for the semis from pool A are sure Turkey and Serbia. Well the pool B is much more interesting. I think that Italy will pass the group and the other spot I think that every team has it's chance

• Turkey 3-1 Russia (13-25, 25-20, 25-17, 25-16) (The match was played yesterday)

Turkey 2-1 Russia (25-20, 25-15, 28-30)
    Turkey: Kübra Kegan/ Ceyda Aktaş, Damla Çakıroğlu/ Şeyma Ercen, Kübra Akman /? , Dilara

• 2nd friendly game

Turkey 2-1 Russia.Russian team didn't want to continue to match after 3rd set according to Ece Hocaoglu.

• Kadir was faster than me :D