2012 Junior Volleyball European Championship - Ankara/Turkey

• In Russia, one of their most talented players Ekaterina Makarchuk is out, and also 202cm tall OPP Daria Malygina from Dinamo Kazan. The biggest prospects in the current squad is - in my opinion - Irina Fetisova, Olesya Nikolaeva and Xenia Ilchenko.

why are they out?

• I know nothing about most teams but just make a prediction of first rounds matches so can u comment what you think (just intresting to get a view of the strenghts of the teams):

Group A

Turkey - Belgium 3-1

Slovenia - Slovakia 1-3

France - Serbia 1-3

Group B

Germany - Russia 3-2

Italy - Bulgaria 3-1

Czech Rep. - Poland 0-3

This is just my estimations, nothing else, based on only feelings since I´ve hardly seen a player in the most teams. What do u think guys, im I right or wrong?

• thnx Anton. :thumbsup:
    the most interesting prediction of yours is Russia-Germany:3-2...why do you think Germany will beat Russia? :whistle:

I dont know, its just a estimation, but Germanys results seems pretty strong at least. Russia wasnt threatend in qualifing process, but I feel they are not so strong. Fetisova and Ilchenko is very good, but they probably still lack good setter/libero and now also height. Tallest player in squad is only 190cm. This is a common problem in last Russian squads, they have started to lack height once of a sudden, something that never was a problem before. There can be a lot of factors behind it. For ex. they choose basketball or its more that gets treatments for it, I dont know.

Btw, there is a player in the squad with the name Rimma Goncharova, who plays as MB, but she isnt related to Natasha ;)

• I dont know, its just a estimation, but Germanys results seems pretty strong at least. Russia wasnt threatend in qualifing process, but I feel they are not so strong. Fetisova and Ilchenko is very good, but they probably still lack good setter/libero and now also height. Tallest player in squad is only 190cm. This is a common problem in last Russian squads, they have started to lack height once of a sudden, something that never was a problem before. There can be a lot of factors behind it. For ex. they choose basketball or its more that gets treatments for it, I dont know.

Btw, there is a player in the squad with the name Rimma Goncharova, who plays as MB, but she isnt related to Natasha ;)

I was going to ask you about that girl, but you were faster than me :D
    Can you write the name of the girls that are playing tournament, because in the CEV site there are no official rosters?
    About Russia and Germany game i think Russia will won because Germany plays without they main players, at least that was written here

• I always find it hard to predict what will happen in Junior competitions (which is why I agree with those saying a prediction game does not make much sense) because you never know what progress certain players made recently, how well they are prepared technically and tactically and so on. There are several countries who traditionally do good work on Junior level, but not many of them are able to convert it into success at Senior level.

About German team, I think the only absence that matters is Jennifer Geerties, apart from that the team has the best players available (Izquierdo would now start over Besa anyway...). Also, in the previous generations Han Abbing always prepared his teams very well and he focuses a lot on good tactical serving, so I hope the girls can reach semifinals.

• CEV Junior Volleyball European Championship – Women Records
    2010 in Serbia: Italy (gold), Serbia (silver), Czech Republic (bronze)
    2008 in Italy: Italy (gold), Russia (silver), Turkey (bronze)
    2006 in France: Italy (gold), Croatia (silver), Ukraine (bronze)
    2004 in Slovakia: Italy (gold), Serbia & Montenegro (silver), Russia (bronze)
    2002 in Croatia: Poland (gold), Ukraine (silver), Belarus (bronze)

Italy is consecutive champion of last four championship, which means they theoretically had the best players from 1986 to 1992 but except Bosetti sisters Italy doesn't have any dominating players younger than 1986 :what: Most of teams didn't succeed to make their best junior players to reach a good senior level, Ukraine, Crotia, Belarus...

Success at this level really doesn't mean anything if they wouldn't succeed to play at senior NT teams in a few years. In this regard, I care the individual performance of some specific players more than having one more gold medal (especially I am really curious about recent shape of our MBs Ceylan, Kübra and Aslı since we desperately need a good MB soon :S )

• Russian squad:

S:
    Tatiana Romanova (Dinamo Kazan)
    Elena Novik (Dinamo Moscow)

OPP:
    Irina Voronkova (Dinamo Kazan)

OH:
    Xenia Ilchenko (Uralochka Ekaterinburg)
    Olesya Nikolaeva (Dinamo Kazan)
    Eli Uattara (Dinamo Moscow)

MB:
    Rimma Goncharova (Dinamo Krasnodar)
    Irina Fetisova (Zarechie Odintsovo)
    Anastasia Barchuk (Dinamo Moscow)
    Anna Luneva

Libero:
    Ekaterina Voronkova jr.
    Maria Bibina (Moscow)

• serdar
    i have a high opinon of Kübra Akman ..and your candidates on Middles?

contrariwise of common opinion, I am more hopeful for Ceylan and even Aslı. We need a pure blocker (MB2) however although Kübra is very tall she doesn't seem fast enough also her blocking anticipation is not convincing as well. Ceylan is faster than Kübra and she sometimes showed that she could be a dominating scorer as well. Even Aslı is way shorter than Kübra but she seems more promising to me :whistle: MBs from previous generation (92-93), Dicle Nur Babat and Özge Nur Yurtdagülen were not bad also but they didn't give the impression to be a player close to Eda's level :down:

Anyway we will see tomorrow how did Kübra, Ceylan and Aslı improve since 1 year :whistle:

• Asli played a very good season so she has to show something that what she have learnt from club season no idea about Kubra since we were not able to watch Nilufer's games a lot but Kubra is playing really well in the key matches especially in last WCH F and SF she was the best player of Turkey and many people expected her to be MVP but Damla has been choosed MVP,Kubra deserved it more i think.In my opinion this trio will be the future of Turkey NT.Asli has really good technique even she is short (I wish she can be 190cm at least) and Ceylan is fast and can jump well.Kubra is scary over net but she has improve her speed like Serdar said but i think she can show a good progress she looks a very disipcilined girl to sum up i have big hopes in this generation especially we can adapt good MBs and OHs from this generation to the senior NT.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Has Ceylan Arısan ever been a dominating scorer?? She is talented not bad at attacking but i dont remember a match in which she was a dominating scorer.Dicle Nur Babat seems to be so slow, oh my eyes!! she is a good blocker but not a good attacker.im also hopeful about Aslı Kalaç.My promising middles are:Kübra Akman,Özge Nur Yurdagülen,Aslı Kalaç,Ceylan Arısan.

• Even though Diclenur is not really good at attack, I would prefer her to all others because Turkish NT needs a stable blocker and in my opinion she's the best blocker of all. Aslı is more complete but she is short compared to others.

anyway this conversation is more about Turkish Nt than Junior ECH. so lets talk on topic :lol: I hope Ceyda will be in starting six tomorrow. Good luck girls! :thumbup:

• Even though Diclenur is not really good at attack, I would prefer her to all others because Turkish NT needs a stable blocker and in my opinion she's the best blocker of all. Aslı is more complete but she is short compared to others.

anyway this conversation is more about Turkish Nt than Junior ECH. so lets talk on topic :lol: I hope Ceyda will be in starting six tomorrow. Good luck girls! :thumbup:

Ceyda?