2012 XI Women’s Pan American Cup (July 12-20, Ciudad Juarez, Mexico)

• Eight teams from NORCECA Confederation and four from South America Confederation will participate in XI Pan Am Cup for Women 2012

The decision was adopted during the annual meeting of the Sport Organizations Commission at NORCECA headquarters due to The original host city Lima, Peru withdrawal and instead will organize the event in 2013.

The event is a qualifier to the FIVB World Grand Prix of the following year and top four teams from NORCECA and the top two from South America including Brazil get tickets to the premier annual women’s competition of FIVB.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Brasil will qualify automatically...no detailed reasons...

probably the same as what mariuszj1939 said

the similar occasion happened in Asia, China and Japan will also qualify automatically no matter how their final positions are in AVC Cup in Kazakhstan this year.

Do not know if there is any designated vacancy for any European Teams, in the past few years Poland and Italy gets it more frequently...

to be me...

• Anyone knows the groups already?

Teams playing:
    NORCECA - USA, Dominican Rep., Cuba, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobago
    CVS - Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Colombia

• Anyone knows the groups already?

Teams playing:
    NORCECA - USA, Dominican Rep., Cuba, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobago
    CVS - Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Colombia

There's no information about PanamCup.
    When GP finishes, we will have some news.

• Pools announced

A - United States, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Canada, Columbia
    B - Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Costa Rica, Trinidad and Tobago

to be me...

• according to the new schedule, starting time has been postponed to July 12, 2012...
    the closure date of the tournament will be July 20, which is just one week from OG 2012. :down:
    but its still a qualifier for the next edition of WGP, no team will look down upon such a tournament.

to be me...

• USA, DOM, CUB, PUR, CAN and COL all in the same pool??? This is just ridiculous, especially with MEX, CRC and TRI in the other pool :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Matthias in FIVB reality it is normal that the Host Mexico has a little bit weaker group.

• according to the new schedule, starting time has been postponed to July 12, 2012...
    the closure date of the tournament will be July 20, which is just one week from OG 2012. :down:
    but its still a qualifier for the next edition of WGP, no team will look down upon such a tournament.

With those tournament dates, I can easily imagine USA sending a B/C team (i.e. those from the Grand Prix team who did not make it to the Olympics plus the likes of Lloyd, Gibbemeyer, Klineman).

That team should be enough to secure a spot for next year's Grand Prix while the Olympic team focuses on London.

• With those tournament dates, I can easily imagine USA sending a B/C team (i.e. those from the Grand Prix team who did not make it to the Olympics plus the likes of Lloyd, Gibbemeyer, Klineman).

That team should be enough to secure a spot for next year's Grand Prix while the Olympic team focuses on London.

Brazil too...GP is the last official tournament for the main players before London OG.
    i wonder how mixed team BRA will be...probably the coach will announce both of the roster 12 for the two tournaments at the same time.
    Dani, Sassa, Juciely, Tandara are mostly reserved for Copa Panamericana...

to be me...

• Brazil maybe send their junior players like PANAM CUP 2010.

Dominican Republic vs Colombia (A)
    United States vs Canada (A)
    Cuba vs Puerto Rico (A)
    Brazil vs Costa Rica (B)
    Argentina vs Peru (B)
    Mexico vs Trinidad and Tobago (B)

Cuba vs Colombia (A)
    Dominican Republic vs Canada (A)
    United States vs Puerto Rico (A)
    Argentina vs Trinidad and Tobago (B)
    Brazil vs Peru (B)
    Mexico vs Costa Rica (B)

Canada vs Colombia (A)
    Dominican Republic vs Canada (A)
    United States vs Cuba (A)
    Brazil vs Trinidad and Tobago (B)
    Peru vs Costa Rica (B)
    Mexico vs Argentina (B)

United States vs Colombia (A)
    Puerto Rico vs Canada (A)
    Dominican Republic vs Cuba (A)
    Costa Rica vs Trinidad and Tobago (B)
    Brazil vs Argentina (B)
    Mexico vs Peru (B)

Puerto Rico vs Colombia (A)
    Cuba vs Canada (A)
    United States vs Dominican Republic (A)
    Peru vs Trinidad and Tobago (B)
    Argentina vs Costa Rica (B)
    Mexico vs Brazil (B)

to be me...

• How many teams will get the WGP ticket for next year from this competition?

im not sure, but i think 5 teams plus brazil ( if brazil host another round next year)

• im not sure, but i think 5 teams plus brazil ( if brazil host another round next year)

Brazil is already qualified to WGP 2013 with Wild card as far as I know.

Get WGP tickets: 4 best teams in Norceca + 1 best team in South American (despite Brazil, already qualified)

• Brazil is already qualified to WGP 2013 with Wild card as far as I know.

Get WGP tickets: 4 best teams in Norceca + 1 best team in South American (despite Brazil, already qualified)

Brazil has qualified for commercial reasons...
    top 4 Norceca and the top CSV (Brazil excluded) will enter 2013 WGP according to the final standings.

to be me...

• Brazil maybe send their junior players like PANAM CUP 2010.

brazil will play with the same roster from yeltsin cup, except for sassa that will be replaced by samara

• brazil will play with the same roster from yeltsin cup, except for sassa that will be replaced by samara

Oh well, it's a strong team.