2012 XI Women’s Pan American Cup (July 12-20, Ciudad Juarez, Mexico)

• Even though USA lost first 2.sets against Dominican Republic, I still felt they was the better team out there, but they just made a bit careless/easy misstakes at crucial points. De La Cruz is still not in best shape and as long they can stop her as effectively as couple of days ago, I think their chance to win is very good. USA did a great work in defense/block but can play clearly better in attack than they did last time, esp. Kristin Richards.

• By the way, watched one set of Trinidad&Tobago yesterday versus Puerto Rico and it was one player that still is in my mind after that, Channon Thompson. She was unstopable with nice power and oustanding jumping abilities that could make some of the Cubans jealous, and I checked up she is only 18 yrs. old. Sky is the limit for her in the future, I guess.

• By the way, watched one set of Trinidad&Tobago yesterday versus Puerto Rico and it was one player that still is in my mind after that, Channon Thompson. She was unstopable with nice power and oustanding jumping abilities that could make some of the Cubans jealous, and I checked up she is only 18 yrs. old. Sky is the limit for her in the future, I guess.

we saw this year in Polish league, in 1-2 matches she was unstoppable

• she was only bench player but then she played one fantastic match (cca 80% attack), coach and other players said that they never saw her playing like that before :lol: in the end of season she was in 6 playing as non-receiving OH and playing quite well :)

Hehe okay, I guess she still needs some time too improve her stability, hopefully she will get the right help in Poland

• It's not fair!
    Peru defeated Argentina and Argentina qualified? Not fair. :mad:

• The last 2 places in WGP from this tournament got Argentina and Puerto Rico.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Congratulations for all awarded, the biggest for Richards and Castillo :heart: with this shape Kristin could have replaced Hodge in olympic roster. Brenda after her personal disaster showed that without her Dominican defense and reception is few levels lower. If Bethania De La Cruz is in good shape, Dominican Republic can be more competitive team.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• What was Castillo's personal disaster?

• Congrats USA :super:

Kristin Richards had 35 pts. :white:

:obey:

So happy for K-Rich! Hope she sticks around with USA National Team until 2016 Rio Games, she will definitely be a major contributor for a few more years from now...

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)