The 2012 FIVB World Club Championships

• I guess now u wonder how Neslihan will survive without the MVP in Club WCH :lol: ;)

:P

• :P

it is really difficult to award who's the best setter. but still.... Elif is one of the reasons rabita won easily against fener..... :pinch: :sleeping: :thumbdown:

• Reading some of the comments really crack me up. It is psychology 101; poeple say what they want to see. Fenerbahce loosing Kim (their star player) just before the tournement started, obviously it was a devasting bellow to them. Any team loses their star player will be negatively affected, especially when there is no time to adjust. People's expectation that Fb without Kim would be a very strong team, it is just mind bugling.
    I am more surprise that Rabita with all thier squad intact, Montana is playing the way she is capable of (She scored like a half of the total Rabita's points against Fenerbahce) got smacked hard by Sollys and some people think that that it is ok and they just need time, it just amazes me to say the least. If I am a Rabita fan (which I am not) I will start collecting signature for petitioning CEV so that F4 will be held in Baku, because that's the only way they will make it if they play against one of the strong team in elimination round, like what happend to them last year.

• Reading some of the comments really crack me up. It is psychology 101; poeple say what they want to see. Fenerbahce loosing Kim (their star player) just before the tournement started, obviously it was a devasting bellow to them. Any team loses their star player will be negatively affected, especially when there is no time to adjust. People's expectation that Fb without Kim would be a very strong team, it is just mind bugling.
    I am more surprise that Rabita with all thier squad intact, Montana is playing the way she is capable of (She scored like a half of the total Rabita's points against Fenerbahce) got smacked hard by Sollys and some people think that that it is ok and they just need time, it just amazes me to say the least. If I am a Rabita fan (which I am not) I will start collecting signature for petitioning CEV so that F4 will be held in Baku, because that's the only way they will make it if they play against one of the strong team in elimination round, like what happend to them last year.

i don't know about you but it seems to me that fenerbahce had a better supporting cast compared to rabita in this tournament

• i don't know about you but it seems to me that fenerbahce had a better supporting cast compared to rabita in this tournament

I thught Mari and Seda shoud be srong for blocking but they didn't do well against rabita.

• I thught Mari and Seda shoud be srong for blocking but they didn't do well against rabita.

mari played quite well during the eliminations but when the semis came her level went zooming down

• mari played quite well during the eliminations but when the semis came her level went zooming down

Their body language told me that without Kim they weren't so sure of themselves plaing against Rabita, but that is where your star player comes in to equation and makes a big diferrence.

What I think is funny is how high people's expectations are particularly this early in the season. Sollys undoubtedly was on another level but really can you compare them to any other team in the world? 4 of their 6 starters are starters for Brazil. Fabiola has been with the NT the entire previous quadrennial and has played with Jaque and Thaisa in their Brazilian Championship win. Camila Brait is arguably Brazil's best libero and Adenizia would be a starter on pretty much any other NT in the world. To pretend as if that the standard for a "strong team" is ridiculous. They're an exceptional group.

I also don't understand how people are coming down so hard on both Fenerbache (without Kim) and Rabita. Have you seen any of the other top CL contenders play yet?
    Galatasaray who couldn't pass a ball to save their lives, Kazan who won sloppily over Omichka, Azerrail who lost to Igtisadchi, and Moscow who lost to Zarechie, Yamamay barely beat a very young Villa Cortese in 5. The season has just begun for Christ's sake!

• What I think is funny is how high people's expectations are particularly this early in the season. Sollys undoubtedly was on another level but really can you compare them to any other team in the world? 4 of their 6 starters are starters for Brazil. Fabiola has been with the NT the entire previous quadrennial and has played with Jaque and Thaisa in their Brazilian Championship win. Camila Brait is arguably Brazil's best libero and Adenizia would be a starter on pretty much any other NT in the world. To pretend as if that the standard for a "strong team" is ridiculous. They're an exceptional group.

I also don't understand how people are coming down so hard on both Fenerbache (without Kim) and Rabita. Have you seen any of the other top CL contenders play yet?
    Galatasaray who couldn't pass a ball to save their lives, Kazan who won sloppily over Omichka, Azerrail who lost to Igtisadchi, and Moscow who lost to Zarechie, Yamamay barely beat a very young Villa Cortese in 5. The season has just begun for Christ's sake!

Yes you right it is too early to say, however when Fenerbahce won the title two years ago, they played against Sollys team that included Jaqlane, Briat, Thaise, Adeniza, etc. Last year Sollys came with their second unit. So I am not sure that time is the only problem for Rabita.

• Yes you right it is too early to say, however when Fenerbahce won the title two years ago, they played against Sollys team that included Jaqlane, Briat, Thaise, Adeniza, etc. Last year Sollys came with their second unit. So I am not sure that time is the only problem for Rabita.

maybe they are referring to teams such as the houston rockets who won their 2nd title in 1995 despite being only 6th in the west or brazil who was only 4th in their pool but me too the situation of those 2 teams are entirely different from rabita :thumbup:

• Congratulations to Osasco!!!!!! Great job,they played phenomenal in whole tournament,lost just 1 set in 4 matches !! :obey: I think no1 will have chance against them in Brazilian Superleague ! They have great setter,great libero,Jaque :heart: ,Thaisa and now even Sheilla,who played best volleyball at this event,dream-team!

• maybe they are referring to teams such as the houston rockets who won their 2nd title in 1995 despite being only 6th in the west or brazil who was only 4th in their pool but me too the situation of those 2 teams are entirely different from rabita :thumbup:

I expected little bit more competitive showing from Rabita, after all they have somany star players. If the score was 25 to 20 or 25 to 21 than
    I'll say yes they need time fine tunning. But when they have their full squad healthy and lose by 20 to 16 than its different. How much adjustment can they make in a month or two. But they may surprize me and go al the way in CL, after all I don't claim to be an expert.

• Totally agree! Dani justified her place in the team in London, but Fernandinha was a big disappointment, Fabiola is soooo much better than her!

Grün with her first point at 8-8 in 3rd set :roll:

who knows what's inside ze roberto's mind? :wacko: aside from fabiola, there's camilla brait as well. she should have been in london since natalia was pretty much useless on earl's court. X(