Brazil

Dominican Republic

Turkey

Russia

South Korea

Serbia

Japan

• Does anybody here go to the olympics?

• the drawing of lots for the pools, place and date ?

Pool A: United Kingdom, Japan, Italy, Russia, DOL 1-1, DOL 2-1
    Pool B: United States, Brazil, China, Serbia, DOL 1-2, DOL 2-2

DOL 1: Dominican Republic & Turkey
    DOL 2: Korea & Algeria

IMO, if Turkey and Korea come to Pool B, it will be the toughest Pool ever in OG history.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Moi je vais essayer Makanil!

• is it certain that there will be drawing of lots for lower ranked teams?

• is it certain that there will be drawing of lots for lower ranked teams?

OG and FIVB always do as it is...i hope there is no exception any more this time

but if not, it will be like what i said, pool b wil be really tough...
    Pool A - DOM, ALG
    Pool B - TUR, KOR

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• OG and FIVB always do as it is...i hope there is no exception any more this time

but if not, it will be like what i said, pool b wil be really tough...
    Pool A - DOM, ALG
    Pool B - TUR, KOR

I've been trying to find out how it was in 2008 and I could not find any hint that there was a DOL. Every news that I found said that pool distribution followed serpentine system and the DOL only decided the order of the matches, i.e. which team got which start number. In WCH there are always 4 teams per pool seeded by world ranking and the other 2 places per pool are decided per DOL, but I think not in OG.

• Go Brasil! :super: :super: :super: :super:

• In this link it's written that there is another possiblity for groups.Current groups occur when FIVB adds Great Britain as 1st in world rankings coz of Olympics rules and FIVB consider now a more balanced groups and want to start from USA as 1st ranked team and Great Britain as 12th team (69th in World Ranking)

Current Groups (Great Britain as 1st)

Group A - Great Britain (1),Japan (4), Italy(5), Russia (8 ), Dominic Republic (9), Algeria (12)

Group B - USA(2), Brazil (3), China (6), Serbia (7),Turkey (10), Korea (11)

FIVB's new idea (USA as 1st and Great Britain as 12th)

Group A - USA(1),Italy (4), China (5),Dominic Republic (8 ), Turkey (9), Great Britain (12)

Group B - Brazil (2), Japan (3), Serbia (6), Russia (7), Korea (10), Algeria (11)

Source : http://voleybolx.com/haberdeta…t-gruplarinda-iki-ihtimal

Is it possible ?

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• The russians sites said there is this possibility.

The groups will be like this:

Pool A - 1º, 4º, 5º, 8º, 9°, 12º
    Pool B - 2º, 3º, 6º, 7º, 1º, 11º

Usually FIVB seads the host as first in ranking, but If they think the groups are to unbalanced, then they could sead the host as the last in ranking. So would change the groups.

But most likely Great Britain will be seaded as first.

• Neslihan wrote today on her twitter page..

Our group will be like this; USA, China, Brazil, Korea and Serbia

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Groupe B seemst to be very interesting. It will be a very hard fight for all teams. FIVB should have balance the groups, but fair competitions does not exist in FIVBs dictionary

• FIVB determining the groups at the Olympics based on what? Ranking list? Then, ranking list is constructed based on what?

Totally joke!

But don't forget that best teams will find a way to get a place what they deserved.

Let the best teams win!

• yes it is based in ranking list.

well I think the pool formation in theory is fair.

the problem is that in practice the ranking is not well make it...since they only consider most of it international tournaments like Grand Prix, World Cup,..that most teams cant play in and Continental championships...so It is not fair rank.

Also we have to consider Great Britain is not good team, maybe in Rio 2016, things will be better, cause Brasil, one of the main teams willl be seaded first in group A..so.

• Yes, while i was writing i meant the words in bold characters.

• * When there are 5 or more teams in each preliminary group, for Senior Championships, the teams will be seeded in the first three positions of each preliminary group based upon the Senior World Volleyball Ranking and adopting the “serpentine” system. This is named “seeding of teams”.

* All teams not seeded will be drawn to take other available positions in the remaining lines, following the respective World Volleyball Ranking (Senior, Junior or Youth). Confederation quotas may be taken into account.

* The FIVB reserves the right to seed the host team as head of pool A and proceed with the remaining teams according to the above procedures.

FIVB Sports Regulations , Page 19

• That groups being already mentioned are certain anymore. So;

Group A: England, Japan, Italy, Russia, Dominic Republic, Algeria

Group B: USA, Brazil, China, Serbia, Turkey, South Korea.

Quarter Final Match-ups;

1A-4B, 4A-1B and the other match-ups will be determined by lot between the teams of 2A - 3A - 2B - 3B.

Semi Final Match-ups;

(1A-4B) - (4A-1B) and the other leg

Source; http://www.voleybolmagazin.com/haber.php?h=5650